Obama's United Nations Backdoor to Gun Control

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"Like many international schemes, this treaty has seemingly benign motives. It seeks to "eradicate the illicit trade in conventional arms and to prevent their diversion to the illicit market," where they are used in civil wars and human-rights disasters. The treaty calls for rigorous export controls on heavy conventional weapons, such as tanks, missiles, artillery, helicopters and warships.
"Yet, as with many utopian devices, the treaty fails the test of enforcement. Some of the world's largest arms traffickers either voted against the agreement or abstained. The U.S., quite rightly, already has the world's most serious export controls in place, while nations such as North Korea, Syria, Iran, Russia and China will continue to traffic in arms with abandon."

"But the new treaty also demands domestic regulation of "small arms and light weapons." The treaty's Article 5 requires nations to "establish and maintain a national control system," including a "national control list." Article 10 requires signatories "to regulate brokering" of conventional arms. The treaty offers no guarantee for individual rights, but instead only declares it is "mindful" of the "legitimate trade and lawful ownership" of arms for"recreational, cultural, historical, and sporting activities." Not a word about the right to possess guns for a broader individual right of self-defense."

America has become a nation of fools to let things get this far.

John Bolton and John Yoo: Obama's U.N. Backdoor Route to Gun Control - WSJ.com

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
"The Senate should block this latest effort to evade the Constitution's controls on federal power. There could be no greater justification for senators to exercise their veto over treaties than the cause of protecting the individual liberties of Americans—including the right to bear arms."

Look who wrote it:
Mr. Bolton, a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, is a former U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Mr. Yoo is a law professor at the University of California at Berkeley and a scholar at AEI.

Whenever the UN touches anything it makes it worse, I predict out country will be flooded with more guns than we ever seen if those assholes try to put their touches on it.

No, rather, they will help disarm us then stand by helplessly wringing their hands (and engaging in a little sexual tourism, no doubt) while innocent people are slaughtered because of it.

You information on this measure is sadly lacking.

It specifically excludes any regulation over domestic arms sales.
Are you saying this (From the Link) is incorrect?:
But the new treaty also demands domestic regulation of "small arms and light weapons." The treaty's Article 5 requires nations to "establish and maintain a national control system," including a "national control list." Article 10 requires signatories "to regulate brokering" of conventional arms. The treaty offers no guarantee for individual rights, but instead only declares it is "mindful" of the "legitimate trade and lawful ownership" of arms for"recreational, cultural, historical, and sporting activities." Not a word about the right to possess guns for a broader individual right of self-defense.

You information on this measure is sadly lacking.

It specifically excludes any regulation over domestic arms sales.

"The treaty's Article 5 requires nations to "establish and maintain a national control system," including a "national control list." Article 10 requires signatories "to regulate brokering" of conventional arms. The treaty offers no guarantee for individual rights, but instead only declares it is "mindful" of the "legitimate trade and lawful ownership" of arms for"recreational, cultural, historical, and sporting activities." Not a word about the right to possess guns for a broader individual right of self-defense.
Gun-control advocates will use these provisions to argue that the U.S. must enact measures such as a national gun registry, licenses for guns and ammunition sales, universal background checks, and even a ban of certain weapons. The treaty thus provides the Obama administration with an end-run around Congress to reach these gun-control holy grails."

John Bolton and John Yoo: Obama's U.N. Backdoor Route to Gun Control - WSJ.com

Whenever the UN touches anything it makes it worse, I predict out country will be flooded with more guns than we ever seen if those assholes try to put their touches on it.

No, rather, they will help disarm us then stand by helplessly wringing their hands (and engaging in a little sexual tourism, no doubt) while innocent people are slaughtered because of it.

The UN Blue helmets are pussies though, they couldn't even disarm the girl scouts.

This is what Obama was talking about when he told the Brady People he was working on gun control .

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Read the treaty, not some dipshit's spin on it. Read the treaty for yourself.

You will see the idiots are shoveling a lot of shit into your mouth for you to regurgitate like a blind parrot. The arms makers stand to lose a lot of money and have pre-loaded their shills with propaganda.

You can find a link to the treaty here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/286723-un-arms-trade-treaty-approved.html

Last edited:
From Article 15:
States Parties shall cooperate with each other, consistent with their respective security interests and national laws, to effectively implement this Treaty.

g5000 is a lying sack.

You gave me a link to a usmessageboard thread, dipshit..where I had to look for a link to the treaty.

But I did, fairly confident that what I would find would make you look the lying prick you are...because the WSJ has a history of accurate journalism...and so look what I found:

"
Article 5 General Implementation
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Each State Party shall implement this Treaty in a consistent, objective and non-discriminatory manner, bearing in mind the principles referred to in this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms. National definitions of any of the categories covered under Article 2 (1) (a)-(g) shall not cover less than the descriptions used in the United Nations Register of Conventional Arms at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. For the category covered under Article 2 (1) (h), national definitions shall not cover less than the descriptions used in relevant United Nations instruments at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4. Each State Party, pursuant to its national laws, shall provide its national control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties. States Parties are encouraged to make their control lists publicly available."[/FONT]

And:
Article 10
Brokering
Each State Party shall take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1). Such measures may include requiring brokers to register or obtain written authorization before engaging in brokering.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/docs/Draft_ATT_text_27_Mar_2013-E.pdf[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
g5000 is a lying sack.

You gave me a link to a usmessageboard thread, dipshit..where I had to look for a link to the treaty.

But I did, fairly confident that what I would find would make you look the lying prick you are...because the WSJ has a history of accurate journalism...and so look what I found:

"
Article 5 General Implementation
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Each State Party shall implement this Treaty in a consistent, objective and non-discriminatory manner, bearing in mind the principles referred to in this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms. National definitions of any of the categories covered under Article 2 (1) (a)-(g) shall not cover less than the descriptions used in the United Nations Register of Conventional Arms at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. For the category covered under Article 2 (1) (h), national definitions shall not cover less than the descriptions used in relevant United Nations instruments at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4. Each State Party, pursuant to its national laws, shall provide its national control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties. States Parties are encouraged to make their control lists publicly available."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/docs/Draft_ATT_text_27_Mar_2013-E.pdf[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I bolded and enlarged the part you seem to be blind to.

How is it I am lying when I tell you to read the treaty for yourself! :lol:

Stop eating other people's shit.

Read the article, dildo.

Negged for overweening stupidity.

"Gun-control advocates will use these provisions to argue that the U.S. must enact measures such as a national gun registry, licenses for guns and ammunition sales, universal background checks, and even a ban of certain weapons. The treaty thus provides the Obama administration with an end-run around Congress to reach these gun-control holy grails."

ibid.

Do you even know what the national control lists are, koshergirl?

I gather by your silence you haven't a clue what a national control list is.

Not surprised.

I can make a guess what you THINK a national control list is. And I bet what you think it is is completely wrong.

Read the article, dildo.

Negged for overweening stupidity.

I don't need to read some idiot's spin on the treaty. I have read the treaty. You know...the actual SOURCE.

I strongly suggest you do the same instead of negging me for pointing out your willingness to eat the shit being shoveled into your mouth for your consumption.

Read. The. Treaty.

Then tell us what a "national control list" is. Let's see who the real fool here is.

Further on this same point of national definitions, it is clear to us that the reference in Article 7.2 to “pursuant to its national laws” – which is simply an alternative formulation of “subject to its national laws”-*‐ is intended still to enable states to decline to make their control lists available. It permits them to keep their national definitions secret if this is what their national laws require.

http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/statements/docs/20130326/20130325_NewZealand_E.pdf

Forum List

Back