Obama's United Nations Backdoor to Gun Control

There are two authors of the WSJ piece. One of them is John Yoo, who will go down in infamy as the whackjob under Bush who said it was okay to torture detainees. H eis the author of the infamous "Torture Memo".

He is also the whackjob who told Bush it was okay to wiretap Americans without a warrant. The infamous "wireless wiretaps" of millions of American citizens.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/documents/memomilitaryforcecombatus10232001.pdf

Yoo is also famous for saying the separation of powers was a nuisance.

You want Nazis who want the President to have dictatorial powers? Look no further than Yoo.

People sure have short memories.

The other author is John Bolton, who served as temporary ambassador to the UN under Bush. He resigned when his temporary appointment was up because there was no way he was going to be confirmed by the Senate.

He's a Fox News regular.

These assholes are trying to make you believe "national control lists" are lists of what arms are owned by who. A national registry of gun ownership. They went out of their way to make you believe that without actually saying it. In fact, they tried to claim gun controllers would make the claim that "national control lists" require gun ownership lists.

I guarantee you this is going to become a meme. Because rubes are too fucking stupid to think for themselves, especially when they so desperately want to believe what they are being told. 90 percent of the con takes place in their own heads.

These guys are manipulating the ever living fuck out of your gullible little minds. And they are doing it willfully. They are willfully creating a gigantic lie.

Let me give you a big clue as to what national control lists actually are: The Wassenaar Arrangement | Control Lists

Last edited:
"Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty."

The Department of Justice's Office of Professional Responsibility concluded in a 261-page report dated July 29, 2009 that Yoo committed "intentional professional misconduct" when he "knowingly failed to provide a thorough, objective, and candid interpretation of the law," and it recommended a referral to the Pennsylvania Bar for disciplinary action.

John Yoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deliberately interprets the law incorrectly. Looks like you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Last edited:
A shill...pfft...

"

Bolton's government service included such positions as:
  • Assistant secretary for International Organization Affairs at the Department of State (1989–93), where he led in the successful effort to rescind the United Nations resolution from the 1970s that had equated Zionism with racism, and also played a major role in obtaining UN resolutions endorsing the use of force to fight Iraq's invasion of Kuwait;
  • Assistant Attorney General, Department of Justice (1985–89);
  • Assistant administrator for program and policy coordination, USAID (1982–1983); and
  • General counsel, USAID (1981–1982).[21][22]
Bolton is also the former executive director of the Committee on Resolutions in the Republican National Committee.[21]
Between 1999 and 2001, he served on the board of the Committee for International Religious Freedom.[33]
During the George W. Bush administration, Bolton has been the undersecretary of state for arms control and international security (2001–05) and ambassador to the UN (2005–2006).
Bolton has been a prominent participant in some "neoconservative" groups such as the Project for the New American Century (PNAC), the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA), and the Committee for Peace and Security in the Gulf (CPSG). But Bolton disputes the label "neo-conservative" attached to him,[10] pointing out that he was a conservative since high school, when he worked on the 1964 Goldwater campaign.[34]
Bolton was formerly involved with the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), Federalist Society, National Policy Forum, National Advisory Board, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, New Atlantic Initiative, Project on Transitional Democracies."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bolton
"John Yoo has been a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law since 1993. He has written two books on presidential power and the war on terrorism, and many articles in scholarly journals and newspapers.[8]
He has held the Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Law at the University of Trento and has been a visiting law professor at the Free University of Amsterdam, the University of Chicago, and Chapman University School of Law.
Since 2003, Yoo has been a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. He writes a monthly column, entitled "Closing Arguments", for The Philadelphia Inquirer.[9]
He wrote the book Crisis and Command.[9]
Yoo is best known for his work from 2001 to 2003 in the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) under Attorney General John Ashcroft during the George W. Bush Administration"

And Obama REALLY doesn't like him, lol..go figure.

Last edited:
So...koshergirl. Have you figured out what national control lists are yet?

A shill...pfft...

"John Yoo has been a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law since 1993. He has written two books on presidential power and the war on terrorism, and many articles in scholarly journals and newspapers.[8]
He has held the Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Law at the University of Trento and has been a visiting law professor at the Free University of Amsterdam, the University of Chicago, and Chapman University School of Law.
Since 2003, Yoo has been a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. He writes a monthly column, entitled "Closing Arguments", for The Philadelphia Inquirer.[9]
He wrote the book Crisis and Command.[9]
Yoo is best known for his work from 2001 to 2003 in the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) under Attorney General John Ashcroft during the George W. Bush Administration"

And Obama REALLY doesn't like him, lol..go figure.

The DOJ investigation which condemned Yoo as an intentional liar who deliberately misinterprets the law began in 2005 and concluded in December 2008.

Nice try.

Please tell us what national controls lists are.

Last edited:
Don't you know already?

Tsk, tsk. Not my job to educate you. Nor do I perform on command. You're a proven liar, now crawl away and lick your wounds.

Don't you know already?

Tsk, tsk. Not my job to educate you. Nor do I perform on command. You're a proven liar, now crawl away and lick your wounds.

:lol:

I hope you will learn from this and start thinking for yourself, and read original sources rather than gorge on the bullshit being fed to you.

You act as though you made a point, aside from the obvious, which is that you're a lying sack.

I did read the original, the article I used was good, and the people who worked on the article are infinitely more knowledgeable about the situation than you are.

I made my point. You didn't. But you may continue to pretend you discredited me. It's funny.

Don't you know already?

:lol:

I hope you will learn from this and start thinking for yourself, and read original sources rather than gorge on the bullshit being fed to you.

Unlikely, the OP is an established liar.

Really? Where was it established? Link, please.

And negged for lying.

Last edited:
g5000 is a lying sack.

You gave me a link to a usmessageboard thread, dipshit..where I had to look for a link to the treaty.

But I did, fairly confident that what I would find would make you look the lying prick you are...because the WSJ has a history of accurate journalism...and so look what I found:

"
Article 5 General Implementation
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Each State Party shall implement this Treaty in a consistent, objective and non-discriminatory manner, bearing in mind the principles referred to in this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms. National definitions of any of the categories covered under Article 2 (1) (a)-(g) shall not cover less than the descriptions used in the United Nations Register of Conventional Arms at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. For the category covered under Article 2 (1) (h), national definitions shall not cover less than the descriptions used in relevant United Nations instruments at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4. Each State Party, pursuant to its national laws, shall provide its national control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties. States Parties are encouraged to make their control lists publicly available."[/FONT]

And:
Article 10
Brokering
Each State Party shall take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1). Such measures may include requiring brokers to register or obtain written authorization before engaging in brokering.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/docs/Draft_ATT_text_27_Mar_2013-E.pdf[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Ok. What ARE the provisions of this treaty?

The object of this Treaty is to:
– Establish the highest possible common international standards for regulating or improving the regulation of the international trade in conventional arms;
– Prevent and eradicate the illicit trade in conventional arms and prevent their diversion;

That's it. The treaty applies ONLY to international trade in conventional arms, not domestic. Those things you're so worried about are related to international trade only.

g5000 is a lying sack.

You gave me a link to a usmessageboard thread, dipshit..where I had to look for a link to the treaty.

But I did, fairly confident that what I would find would make you look the lying prick you are...because the WSJ has a history of accurate journalism...and so look what I found:

"
Article 5 General Implementation
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Each State Party shall implement this Treaty in a consistent, objective and non-discriminatory manner, bearing in mind the principles referred to in this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms. National definitions of any of the categories covered under Article 2 (1) (a)-(g) shall not cover less than the descriptions used in the United Nations Register of Conventional Arms at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. For the category covered under Article 2 (1) (h), national definitions shall not cover less than the descriptions used in relevant United Nations instruments at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4. Each State Party, pursuant to its national laws, shall provide its national control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties. States Parties are encouraged to make their control lists publicly available."[/FONT]

And:
Article 10
Brokering
Each State Party shall take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1). Such measures may include requiring brokers to register or obtain written authorization before engaging in brokering.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/docs/Draft_ATT_text_27_Mar_2013-E.pdf[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Ok. What ARE the provisions of this treaty?

The object of this Treaty is to:
– Establish the highest possible common international standards for regulating or improving the regulation of the international trade in conventional arms;
– Prevent and eradicate the illicit trade in conventional arms and prevent their diversion;

That's it. The treaty applies ONLY to international trade in conventional arms, not domestic. Those things you're so worried about are related to international trade only.

"A[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]rticle 10
Brokering
Each State Party shall take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1). Such measures may include requiring brokers to register or obtain written authorization before engaging in brokering."

"State party" "jurisdiction for conventional arms"

It's like you ppl can't read...or you assume others can't.
[/FONT]

The scary thing is that nutbags like Bolton and Yoo had real power in teh Bush years.

These are the guys who brought you the Iraq War and alienated much of the world against us.

Go back to your baby killing threads, weirdo.

Forum List

Back