Obamas USA: Men can use girls locker rooms; But bans USMC uniform from graduation bc "rules are rul"

without looking into my guess is they spell out acceptable dress specifically and ban everything off the list.

That isn't the way dress codes work . Maybe they should, but they don't. Are you seriously saying you are so fucking brainwashed that you can't even bring yourself to say "yes, we should see the dress code, not just take their word for it?"
lol. that's exactly how they work. 'a' is acceptable. 'not a' is not.

in this case 'a' is the cap and gown. 'not a' is everything else.

so why should the marine be above the rules?

OMG you are stupid.

Do you understand that people wear clothes under their cap and gown and this girl wanted to wear her uniform UNDER the cap and gown?

LOL what a fucking idiot.
someone didn't read the link...

Oh, you're right, I did miss that the first time I read the article, wonder why she didn't just wear the cap and gown over her uniform.
solely a guess, but i seem to remeber we had to buy ours or sign up.for a loaner well in advance. I'd be willing to wager she opted not to do either thinking the rules wouldn't apply or that she wouldn't be there.

That isn't the way dress codes work . Maybe they should, but they don't. Are you seriously saying you are so fucking brainwashed that you can't even bring yourself to say "yes, we should see the dress code, not just take their word for it?"

OMG you are stupid.

Do you understand that people wear clothes under their cap and gown and this girl wanted to wear her uniform UNDER the cap and gown?

Oh, you're right, I did miss that the first time I read the article, wonder why she didn't just wear the cap and gown over her uniform.
solely a guess, but i seem to remeber we had to buy ours or sign up.for a loaner well in advance. I'd be willing to wager she opted not to do either thinking the rules wouldn't apply or that she wouldn't be there.

In either case, you have to admit. Total dick move by the school. No need for such pettiness towards anyone.

OMG you are stupid.

In either case, you have to admit. Total dick move by the school. No need for such pettiness towards anyone.
why? dick move to have rules or dick move to enforce them?

OMG you are stupid.

In this case? A dick move to enforce them, EVERY rule in life has exceptions, and this case yes the school was just being a bunch of dumb fucks enforcing that rule. It's a god damned military uniform, it's not as if she wanted to wear a bikini.

Total and complete lack of common sense.

Pvt. Howerton stated that she wishes to put this incident behind her to start her career in Marines. I wish her the best of luck in the future.
Of course, that won't stop the perpetually outraged from using this story to whine about unrelated issues.

Controversy flares over McHenry West High School Marine graduate's attire | Northwest Herald

She took the high road and I wish her all the best

A few states have enacted legislation that allows students in her position to wear there uniform at graduation. Perhaps as a result of this story Illinois will do the same.

I don't see a problem with it but with that said they said she could have worn it under her gown so I'm not seeing the issue

My daughter just graduated from college last week. Under her cap and gown, she wore her Army dress blue uniform. After the diplomas were handed out, she removed her cap and gown and was administered the oath of office of an Army Second Lieutenant by her commander. She and the other new Army 2LT received a standing ovation from the faculty, graduates and the entire arena, which was filled to the rafters.

This story is much ado about nothing. She should have done the same with her uniform under the cap and gown.
your daughter was dressed for the occasuon - her comissioning. this kid wants to wear the uniform because they signed their name to enlistment papers at a completely unrelated time and place.

this is no different than if an athlete who chose to play at a university wanted to show up in their athletic uniform

She was commissioned the PREVIOUS day.

When have you ever seen someone wearing a football or baseball uniform at a graduation? Please get a grip!

In this case? A dick move to enforce them, EVERY rule in life has exceptions, and this case yes the school was just being a bunch of dumb fucks enforcing that rule. It's a god damned military uniform, it's not as if she wanted to wear a bikini.

Total and complete lack of common sense.

She would have probably been just fine with wearing the bikini underneath! :D

BTW...to go away from the OP's ridiculous analogy......it is WRONG, IMO for the School District to not allow her to walk in uniform.....I wonder if they would have let a male Marine walk in uniform.

Cap and gowns are for graduation Period. The school was well within their rights and that Marine had better get ready for a load of butt hurt if she tries some shit like that in the Marines.

She took the high road and I wish her all the best

A few states have enacted legislation that allows students in her position to wear there uniform at graduation. Perhaps as a result of this story Illinois will do the same.

I don't see a problem with it but with that said they said she could have worn it under her gown so I'm not seeing the issue

My daughter just graduated from college last week. Under her cap and gown, she wore her Army dress blue uniform. After the diplomas were handed out, she removed her cap and gown and was administered the oath of office of an Army Second Lieutenant by her commander. She and the other new Army 2LT received a standing ovation from the faculty, graduates and the entire arena, which was filled to the rafters.

This story is much ado about nothing. She should have done the same with her uniform under the cap and gown.
your daughter was dressed for the occasuon - her comissioning. this kid wants to wear the uniform because they signed their name to enlistment papers at a completely unrelated time and place.

this is no different than if an athlete who chose to play at a university wanted to show up in their athletic uniform

When have you ever seen someone wearing a football or baseball uniform at a graduation? Please get a grip!
I'm sorry, i thought you said she stood and took her oath at the graduation. is that not a commissioning event? anyhow it was a function that required her uniform.

this kid wanted to walk, without the gown just in uniform. why should that have happened? if she was allowed why not the football player? do servicemembers not have to follow the rules?

How are these two things even related?

And what does Obama have to do with it?
Common factor with the school and obuthole; stupidity.
just for clarification sake - why should the school allow the student to break the rules and wear her uniform?

What rule is that? I SERIOUSLY doubt the school has any sort of rule that disallows a military uniform.
you dont think a school would have rules outlining appropriate attire at graduation? really?

I don't think a school would have a dress code that precludes military uniforms. Only an idiot would think so.

In place of the prescribed attire, yes, they probably have that dress code. You apparently are not familiar enough with the policies to call other people names.

I'm sorry, i thought you said she stood and took her oath at the graduation. is that not a commissioning event? anyhow it was a function that required her uniform.

this kid wanted to walk, without the gown just in uniform. why should that have happened? if she was allowed why not the football player? do servicemembers not have to follow the rules?

She was required to wear her cap and gown for her graduation. THAT is the point. She was not allowed to wear the uniform alone.

When I graduated from college over 30 years ago, I was wearing my Navy uniform under my cap and gown.

She's enlisted. Enlisted people don't get commissioned, only officers do. What she did was swear in and take her oath of enlistment.

And............the school said that she could have worn her uniform under her cap and gown, but because it wasn't a military event, they wanted everyone to wear the robes so that everyone would be the same for graduation.

Besides...................here's something else from the article that was said by a US Marine who had graduated before.................

Colin Brennan, an active-duty Marine and McHenry West class of 2014 graduate, said in a letter posted on the school district’s website that his dress code was the cap and gown because it wasn’t a military event.

"It is unfair to the district to be looked at so negatively by the entire community for following a rule," Brennan said.

Even the Marine said that the school was being unfairly judged for this incident.

Much ado about nothing.

How are these two things even related?

And what does Obama have to do with it?
Common factor with the school and obuthole; stupidity.
just for clarification sake - why should the school allow the student to break the rules and wear her uniform?
Is it really a rule or is the school claiming so because they are embarrassed?

I have been a high school teacher for most of the past 20 years and have never seen anyone allowed to graduate anything other than the appropriate cap and gown, and that includes 4 different high schools, plus the graduations of my brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews.

The male teachers at the high school where I taught in Florida would bring about 5 extra ties each for the male students to wear, or they would not be allowed to walk at graduation. Invariably, most would show up without one and did not even know how to tie it.

You know Admiral Rockwell, I didn't learn how to tie a tie until I got into "A" school at Meridian MS for PN. Most of the class had clip ons (I did), and eventually the instructors got tired of seeing them and held a class on how to tie a tie one afternoon.

First time I'd ever tied my own tie. And, they taught us properly, because they taught us how to tie both a single and double Windsor knot. Me? I preferred the double Windsor, because it looks better, and, most times, people would mistake my tied tie for a clip on.

Is it really a rule or is the school claiming so because they are embarrassed?
without looking into my guess is they spell out acceptable dress specifically and ban everything off the list.

OMG you are stupid.

Wrong. Do you need remedial reading?

You know Admiral Rockwell, I didn't learn how to tie a tie until I got into "A" school at Meridian MS for PN. Most of the class had clip ons (I did), and eventually the instructors got tired of seeing them and held a class on how to tie a tie one afternoon.

First time I'd ever tied my own tie. And, they taught us properly, because they taught us how to tie both a single and double Windsor knot. Me? I preferred the double Windsor, because it looks better, and, most times, people would mistake my tied tie for a clip on.

You would hive fit in very nicely with those kids. I learned in 9th grade to wear my AFJROTC uniform. On the first day of class at one of my schools where almost all of the students were in ROTC, I had a line out the door of my classroom for about a half hour before school.

you dont think a school would have rules outlining appropriate attire at graduation? really?

I don't think a school would have a dress code that precludes military uniforms. Only an idiot would think so.
really? most would say what is acceptable, not what isn't.

also, the school says they have such a rule.
so why should this kid be allowed to break the rules?
'

As I said you fucking moron, I would love to see a dress code that precluded a military uniform. My children's school has a dress code as well, there is no way a military uniform would violate such.

How do you people even function day to day as stupid as you are?
you can bitch about what you do or do not believe, but the school says the uniform violates the appropriate attire for the graduation ceremony.

so why should the kid be allowed to break the rules?
\

The school can say whatever the fuck they want. I want to see the written dress code.

Why do you stupidly just believe anything a government agency tells you?

Who died and appointed you Lord and Master?

OMG you are stupid.

I take it now you see the other side of the issue?

She's enlisted. Enlisted people don't get commissioned, only officers do. What she did was swear in and take her oath of enlistment.
do we need a remedial reading comprehension class here? ;)
Admiral Rockwell Tory 's daughter, to whom i was referencing, recently commissioned. she's now a butter bar.
btw - did she go acrive, guard, or reserve?
And............the school said that she could have worn her uniform under her cap and gown, but because it wasn't a military event, they wanted everyone to wear the robes so that everyone would be the same for graduation.

Besides...................here's something else from the article that was said by a US Marine who had graduated before.................

Colin Brennan, an active-duty Marine and McHenry West class of 2014 graduate, said in a letter posted on the school district’s website that his dress code was the cap and gown because it wasn’t a military event.

"It is unfair to the district to be looked at so negatively by the entire community for following a rule," Brennan said.

Even the Marine said that the school was being unfairly judged for this incident.

Much ado about nothing.
on the rest we agree.

She was required to wear her cap and gown for her graduation. THAT is the point. She was not allowed to wear the uniform alone.

When I graduated from college over 30 years ago, I was wearing my Navy uniform under my cap and gown.
agree completely, and can't understand why anyone would think she was above the rules, or that an exception should be made for some reason

agree completely, and can't understand why anyone would think she was above the rules, or that an exception should be made for some reason

Because the OP is trying to draw a false equivalency between transgender students being able to use the bathroom they feel comfortable with, and saying that if that is allowed, this Marine should be able to break rules and not wear a gown over her uniform, rather her uniform only.

I personally see no outrage here.

Besides....................transgender people are those who identify in every way with the other sex, but have the wrong plumbing. Got news for you, they're not interested in little girls, because they also identify SEXUALLY with women, meaning they would prefer full grown men. I'd be more worried about making them use the bathroom of the gender they were born with, because then they might go after little boys.

Forum List

Back