Obamas USA: Men can use girls locker rooms; But bans USMC uniform from graduation bc "rules are rul"

My daughter just graduated from college last week. Under her cap and gown, she wore her Army dress blue uniform. After the diplomas were handed out, she removed her cap and gown and was administered the oath of office of an Army Second Lieutenant by her commander. She and the other new Army 2LT received a standing ovation from the faculty, graduates and the entire arena, which was filled to the rafters.

This story is much ado about nothing. She should have done the same with her uniform under the cap and gown.
your daughter was dressed for the occasuon - her comissioning. this kid wants to wear the uniform because they signed their name to enlistment papers at a completely unrelated time and place.

this is no different than if an athlete who chose to play at a university wanted to show up in their athletic uniform

She was commissioned the PREVIOUS day.

When have you ever seen someone wearing a football or baseball uniform at a graduation? Please get a grip!
I'm sorry, i thought you said she stood and took her oath at the graduation. is that not a commissioning event? anyhow it was a function that required her uniform.

this kid wanted to walk, without the gown just in uniform. why should that have happened? if she was allowed why not the football player? do servicemembers not have to follow the rules?

She's enlisted. Enlisted people don't get commissioned, only officers do. What she did was swear in and take her oath of enlistment.
do we need a remedial reading comprehension class here? ;)
Admiral Rockwell Tory 's daughter, to whom i was referencing, recently commissioned. she's now a butter bar.
btw - did she go acrive, guard, or reserve?
And............the school said that she could have worn her uniform under her cap and gown, but because it wasn't a military event, they wanted everyone to wear the robes so that everyone would be the same for graduation.

Besides...................here's something else from the article that was said by a US Marine who had graduated before.................

Colin Brennan, an active-duty Marine and McHenry West class of 2014 graduate, said in a letter posted on the school district’s website that his dress code was the cap and gown because it wasn’t a military event.

"It is unfair to the district to be looked at so negatively by the entire community for following a rule," Brennan said.

Even the Marine said that the school was being unfairly judged for this incident.

Much ado about nothing.
on the rest we agree.

She is active duty, Quartermaster Corps (not the same thing as a Navy Quartermaster) and has orders to Fort Hood, TX.

your daughter was dressed for the occasuon - her comissioning. this kid wants to wear the uniform because they signed their name to enlistment papers at a completely unrelated time and place.

this is no different than if an athlete who chose to play at a university wanted to show up in their athletic uniform

When have you ever seen someone wearing a football or baseball uniform at a graduation? Please get a grip!
I'm sorry, i thought you said she stood and took her oath at the graduation. is that not a commissioning event? anyhow it was a function that required her uniform.

this kid wanted to walk, without the gown just in uniform. why should that have happened? if she was allowed why not the football player? do servicemembers not have to follow the rules?

She's enlisted. Enlisted people don't get commissioned, only officers do. What she did was swear in and take her oath of enlistment.
Admiral Rockwell Tory 's daughter, to whom i was referencing, recently commissioned. she's now a butter bar.
And............the school said that she could have worn her uniform under her cap and gown, but because it wasn't a military event, they wanted everyone to wear the robes so that everyone would be the same for graduation.

Besides...................here's something else from the article that was said by a US Marine who had graduated before.................

Colin Brennan, an active-duty Marine and McHenry West class of 2014 graduate, said in a letter posted on the school district’s website that his dress code was the cap and gown because it wasn’t a military event.

"It is unfair to the district to be looked at so negatively by the entire community for following a rule," Brennan said.

Even the Marine said that the school was being unfairly judged for this incident.

Much ado about nothing.
on the rest we agree.

She is active duty, Quartermaster Corps (not the same thing as a Navy Quartermaster) and has orders to Fort Hood, TX.

Congrats for you and her! Quartermaster Corps is in the supply side of things, aren't they? (Not sure about the other services, never spent much time with cross service duties).

Navy Quartermasters are the people that plot the course and tell the helmsman where to steer the ship.

Much ado about nothing.
on the rest we agree.

Congrats for you and her! Quartermaster Corps is in the supply side of things, aren't they? (Not sure about the other services, never spent much time with cross service duties).

Navy Quartermasters are the people that plot the course and tell the helmsman where to steer the ship.

Yes, they handle everything from food service to fuel and water, air dropped supplies, and mortuary affairs.

Much ado about nothing.
on the rest we agree.

Yes, they handle everything from food service to fuel and water, air dropped supplies, and mortuary affairs.

Yep, those are the people who are good to be friends with. On occasion, they can help you score some really nice stuff.

Forum List

Back