Occupy Wall st. humor(?)

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I found this wryly humorous, it reminded me of when I would see my son or daughter discover something and learn a new lesson about life, something funny but sorta intuitive too, they were 8-9:rolleyes:

these 'kids'? :lol:

snip-

Remedial Economics
The 'Occupy' folks learn the limits of wealth redistribution.
oct. 27 2011

snip-
Some of them at least seem to be getting a remedial course in economics.

Nan Terrie learned an expensive lesson last week about the importance of property rights. "Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment," the 18-year-old protester told the New York Post. "I had my Mac stolen—that was like $5,500." Why? Because she left it in a public place, amid a crowd demanding the redistribution of wealth. Imagine that.

Perverse incentives were at work at Occupy Boston, where 36-year-old Andrew Warner told the Boston Herald: "It's turning into us against them." By "them" he didn't mean rich bankers but street vagrants: "They come in here and they're looking at it as a way of getting a free meal and a place to crash, which is totally fine, but they don't bring anything to the table at all." The same is true in New York, where "sanitation committee" member Lauren Digioia told the Daily News: "There's a lot of takers here and they feel entitled."

The makeshift government at Manhattan's Zuccotti Park is also dealing with the problem of externalities, in the form of percussionists who irritate neighbors and fellow protesters alike by drumming at all hours. That has inspired both regulations (drumming is permitted only at certain hours) and taxes. New York magazine reports that the "finance working group" had levied a "percussion tax" of 50% on tips.

Drummer Shane Engelerdt sounds like a tea party member complaining about taxation without representation: "They didn't even give the drummers a say. . . . They're like the banks we're protesting."

more at-
Review & Outlook: Remedial Economics - WSJ.com

:lol:

"A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged."

I would like to know on what authority they were able to levy that 50% tax.

Should have been NYC authorities who levied that. I understand that NYC has some pretty tough noise ordinances.

welllllllllllllllll its kinda iffy BM....among the ordinances are rules against putting up structures like , TENTS in public/public-privately shared ownership spaces ( ala privately owned Zucotti park) , but you know? the rules are kind of flexible...;)

I-am-the-2-percent-500x666.jpg

this is hilarious, again, it appears 'society' just won't conform to the 'people are blocks of wood' liberal paradigm....

Occupy Wall Street kitchen staff protesting fixing food for freeloaders

By SELIM ALGAR and BOB FREDERICKS

Last Updated: 10:58 AM, October 27, 2011

he Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

For three days beginning tomorrow, the cooks will serve only brown rice and other spartan grub instead of the usual menu of organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad.

They will also provide directions to local soup kitchens for the vagrants, criminals and other freeloaders who have been descending on Zuccotti Park in increasing numbers every day.

To show they mean business, the kitchen staff refused to serve any food for two hours yesterday in order to meet with organizers to air their grievances, sources said.

As the kitchen workers met with the “General Assembly’’ last night, about 300 demonstrators stormed from the park to Reade Street and Broadway, where they violently clashed with cops

Read more: Occupy Wall Street kitchen slowdown targets squatters - NYPOST.com

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

I found this wryly humorous, it reminded me of when I would see my son or daughter discover something and learn a new lesson about life, something funny but sorta intuitive too, they were 8-9:rolleyes:

these 'kids'? :lol:

snip-

Remedial Economics
The 'Occupy' folks learn the limits of wealth redistribution.
oct. 27 2011

snip-
Some of them at least seem to be getting a remedial course in economics.

Nan Terrie learned an expensive lesson last week about the importance of property rights. "Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment," the 18-year-old protester told the New York Post. "I had my Mac stolen—that was like $5,500." Why? Because she left it in a public place, amid a crowd demanding the redistribution of wealth. Imagine that.

Perverse incentives were at work at Occupy Boston, where 36-year-old Andrew Warner told the Boston Herald: "It's turning into us against them." By "them" he didn't mean rich bankers but street vagrants: "They come in here and they're looking at it as a way of getting a free meal and a place to crash, which is totally fine, but they don't bring anything to the table at all." The same is true in New York, where "sanitation committee" member Lauren Digioia told the Daily News: "There's a lot of takers here and they feel entitled."

The makeshift government at Manhattan's Zuccotti Park is also dealing with the problem of externalities, in the form of percussionists who irritate neighbors and fellow protesters alike by drumming at all hours. That has inspired both regulations (drumming is permitted only at certain hours) and taxes. New York magazine reports that the "finance working group" had levied a "percussion tax" of 50% on tips.

Drummer Shane Engelerdt sounds like a tea party member complaining about taxation without representation: "They didn't even give the drummers a say. . . . They're like the banks we're protesting."

more at-
Review & Outlook: Remedial Economics - WSJ.com

"A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged."
Welcome to reality, kids. It bears little resemblance to the nonsense your professors taught you, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back