Odessa shooter had previous contact with police, the FBI knew him, he failed gun background check

Indications are that the deranged shooter called 911 and the FBI with some sort of rambling message and nobody did anything. The media apparently isn't curious enough to find out exactly what he said to the FBI.
The media rarely talks about the lack of punishing criminals.

Last time I heard it was illegal for a prohibited person to even attempt a purchase.

Here in Nevada we arrest them and prosecute.

Why don't they do that everywhere?

Because the NRA has watered down the gun laws to the point where they are meaningless...

Having a law on the books is fine. Actually enforcing it is the problem.
The shooter broke the law to get his weapon.

Imagine that.
Your narrative once again destroyed by facts.
REPORT: TX Shooter Was Banned From Buying A Gun. He Broke The Law And Obtained One, Anyway.

Last time I heard it was illegal for a prohibited person to even attempt a purchase.

Because the NRA has watered down the gun laws to the point where they are meaningless...

Curious. The law doesn’t say anything about consulting with the NRA.

Even if a determination is made that prosecution is not warranted, steps should be taken to assure that the firearm is removed from the possession of the prohibited individual. Depending upon the situation, this might be done by having a local/state/federal law enforcement officer notify the individual of the application of the new law and offer to take temporary custody of the firearm. In other, more volatile situations, it may be necessary to obtain a search and seizure warrant to assure that the firearm is removed immediately.

ATF has primary investigative responsibility over this section. However, in many locales ATF agents may not be immediately available. The Department will be working with the other federal agencies to determine what if any other investigative alternatives are available. In the meantime, United States Attorneys' Offices should be working with state and local law enforcement to establish guidelines for handling these cases which will often arise in emergency situations, such as when a local officer responds to a domestic complaint and learns that a firearm is present and that one of the parties is prohibited under this statute.

This is from a fairly reliable source. The Department of Justice.

1117. Restrictions on the Possession of Firearms by Individuals Convicted of a Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence

So the law prohibits people from trying to get a gun if they are ineligible to possess one. It directs the ATF to insure there are no weapons in the possession of the prohibited person. It even allows for other agencies to take action if the ATF is unavailable. Yet this was not done. It wasn’t watered down. It was not subverted. It just wasn’t done. Time after time, the laws were broken, and the agencies that anti gun folks insist are hamstrung or held back did nothing. They don’t so what they are supposed to, and do what they aren’t supposed to.

So who is to blame? The shooter obviously. But is the NRA to blame? The NRA has always been against prohibited people getting guns. The NRA has never complained when a criminal with a gun was prosecuted for that except when the search and seizure was improper or unconstitutional. So the NRA is concerned about the Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendments as well as the Second.

I will give you a hint. My Father told me that to be one of the best in the world. All you had to do was show up to work on time, and do what the hell you were supposed to. He told me I would be surprised how many did not do that.

Did the Federal Prosecutors do what they were supposed to? How about the ATF or FBI? Local cops? So nobody did what they were supposed to. But that is somehow the NRA’s fault? Ummm. Okay. That makes sense, or something.

20,000 laws already on the books say that you are a moron.

California just let a murderer go free just because he’s an illegal.

The NRA is a marketing concern for gun manufacturers.

69821968_2158292834468839_6965649287174684672_n.jpg

69821968_2158292834468839_6965649287174684672_n.jpg

Your comment has no relevance to my post.

Which murderer was that?

The police knew about him, I heard a report that where he lived he used a gun to fire shots into the air, the police were called, and they did nothing......the FBI knew about him because he had called them quite a few times over the years, and he failed a background check to buy a gun...
This shooting would not have happened had the FBI arrested the shooter upon notification of the failure of his background check - that is, his attempt to illegally purchase a firearm and his commission of perjury on his 4473.

There's no sound support for the argument that we need new laws until the existing laws are fully enforced.

Since when is failing a background check illegal?

Which murderer was that?
If you’d stop being so ignorant you’d stop being a Leftist.

The murderer of Kate Steinle.

NRA does not enforce laws, liar, the courts do and THERE is your problem. You liars never wanna talk about that, do you?

Which murderer was that?

"Despite the overturned conviction, Garcia-Zarate will remain in jail on related federal charges."

So he didn't go free. Lie.

Also, the over-turned conviction wasn't with prejudice so it can be filed again which I hope it is.

Since he failed the requisite background checks back in 2014, they think he bought in a private sale, they're looking for the possible seller...
Miketx would be a great place to start.
I don't sell guns to anyone, troll pos, for just this reason.

Every gun I have, if I had any, are guns I want. Why would I sell them?
I have traded guns to gun stores that I realized I really didn't have much use for or thought I needed it at the time I bought them. I lose money on them but you'd be insane if you sell one privately in today's rabid commie infested climate.

It's not commies that are killing people, it's tRump's Army members.

Which murderer was that?

"Despite the overturned conviction, Garcia-Zarate will remain in jail on related federal charges."

So he didn't go free. Lie.

Also, the over-turned conviction wasn't with prejudice so it can be filed again which I hope it is.
Court reverses sole conviction in San Francisco pier killing

Since he failed the requisite background checks back in 2014, they think he bought in a private sale, they're looking for the possible seller...
Miketx would be a great place to start.
I don't sell guns to anyone, troll pos, for just this reason.

So you agree that private party sales of guns shouldn't be done?
I have not thought about it.

Maybe you should.

Forum List

Back