Official Thread for Denial of GreenHouse Effect and Radiative Physics.

Is anyone here arguing that matter will not radiate IR towards warmer matter?
Yes. The way you said that is asinine and wrong. An object that is warmer than its surroundings will radiate heat in all directions.

I didn't realize that was a serious question.

1704502449559.png

I know Crick is a confused leftist, I repeat myself,
but what was wrong with the way he asked his question?

Doesn't matter radiate IR toward warmer matter?

View attachment 883970

I know Crick is a confused leftist, I repeat myself,
but what was wrong with the way he asked his question?

Doesn't matter radiate IR toward warmer matter?
Think about the physical process of GHG molecules vibrating and their movement creating heat which warms the surrounding air. That heat radiates in all directions in the atmosphere. Introducing the description "radiating towards warmer matter" implies something totally different and is an ass-backward way of describing the physical process IMO.

Think about the physical process of GHG molecules vibrating and their movement creating heat which warms the surrounding air. That heat radiates in all directions in the atmosphere. Introducing the description "radiating towards warmer matter" implies something totally different and is an ass-backward way of describing the physical process IMO.

I'm not talking about energy moving via collision, but energy moving via radiation.

You know, the way radiation can move from colder matter to warmer matter.

I'm not talking about energy moving via collision, but energy moving via radiation.

No, I'm not familiar with that. So I don't know. Not unless you are talking about a quantum state anyway.

Lay it on me. Sounds like QM.

First time you're hearing this?

2.1 Thermal or Blackbody Radiation

Any object with a temperature above absolute zero emits a continuous spectrum of electromagnetic radiation at all frequencies, which is its thermal emission, usually modeled as “blackbody” radiation.

Blackbody radiation can be described by Planck's radiation law, which, at radio wavelengths, can usually be approximated by the Rayleigh–Jeans law:
(52.1)��(�)=2�2�2��
where Bν(T ) is the brightness (W/m2/Hz/sr), ν is the frequency (Hz), T is the temperature (K), k is the Boltzmann's constant (1.38 × 10−23 J/K), and c is the velocity of light (3 × 108 m/s). With a radio telescope, one measures the flux density emitted by the object. A common unit is the flux unit or Jansky, where 1 Jy = 10−26 W/m2/Hz. This flux density can be related to the temperature of the object:

First time you're hearing this?

2.1 Thermal or Blackbody Radiation

Any object with a temperature above absolute zero emits a continuous spectrum of electromagnetic radiation at all frequencies, which is its thermal emission, usually modeled as “blackbody” radiation.

Blackbody radiation can be described by Planck's radiation law, which, at radio wavelengths, can usually be approximated by the Rayleigh–Jeans law:
(52.1)��(�)=2�2�2��
where Bν(T ) is the brightness (W/m2/Hz/sr), ν is the frequency (Hz), T is the temperature (K), k is the Boltzmann's constant (1.38 × 10−23 J/K), and c is the velocity of light (3 × 108 m/s). With a radio telescope, one measures the flux density emitted by the object. A common unit is the flux unit or Jansky, where 1 Jy = 10−26 W/m2/Hz. This flux density can be related to the temperature of the object:

It's the first time I've heard anyone argue matter radiates IR toward warmer matter.

It's the first time I've heard anyone argue matter radiates IR toward warmer matter.

Why wouldn't it radiate in every direction? Like you said here......

Why wouldn't it radiate in every direction? Like you said here......

As opposed to matter only radiating towards warmer matter? Like you said here......

Then you should read this entire thread ... point a flashlight at the Sun, does the flashlight still produce light? ... the answer is "yes" ...

Irradiation is proportional to temperature raised to the fourth power ... point the flashlight at a black wall ... we have to raise the light power output of the flashlight A LOT to raise temperatures just a little ... and 1ºC is tiny ...

Is anyone here rejecting the greenhouse effect?

Is anyone here rejecting the SB equation?

Is anyone here arguing that matter will not radiate IR towards warmer matter?

Is anyone here rejecting the accepted spectra of incoming solar, outgoing longwave or the absorption spectra of CO2 and other greenhouse gases?

If no one answers any of those in the affirmative, I would suggest that the need for this sticky thread has passed and it could be unstuck and allowed to scroll away.
No one in here. Your interpretation and fear not at all! Man can’t control nature

Forum List

Back