Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers. What a great opportunity to reduce government spending in one fell swoop. After 30 days of furlough, he can RIF them.

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html

GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers.

^What a retard. Yikes!

Govt spending is 20% of GDP, dope.

Government spending consumes 20% of GDP, bub.

I suggest you read Bastiat's parable of the broken window and get back to us.
Government spending consumes 20% of GDP, bub.

I suggest you read Bastiat's parable of the broken window and get back to us.

No. It doesn't, dope.
GDP is a measure of spending in the economy.
Cutting govt spending reduces the GDP.

The estimate was not intended to become public. It was just leaked.
Their previous estimate was 0.1% every two weeks.

"The Trump administration now estimates that the cost of the government shutdown will be twice as steep as originally forecast.
The original estimate that the partial shutdown would subtract 0.1 percentage point from growth every two weeks has now been doubled to a 0.1 percentage point subtraction every week, according to an official who asked not to be named."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/source-white-house-believes-shutdown-will-be-twice-as-costly.html‬
...and....
Conservatives are conflicted. One commented that it has to be a lie because the official is anonymous, and the other said it just doesn’t matter.
why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.
Trump will blink when his stooges in Congress grow a pair & stand up to him.

I don't know what Trump has on some of those goons, but it must be pretty damning for them to be willing to bend over for Trump, who wouldn't piss on a one of them if they were on fire.

GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers. What a great opportunity to reduce government spending in one fell swoop. After 30 days of furlough, he can RIF them.

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job.

GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers.

^What a retard. Yikes!

explain how spending less is bad.

Ufff.....yikes.

The link allegedly based on unidentified, anonymous "sources" can't be found. So much for the post.

"The Trump administration now estimates that the cost of the government shutdown will be twice as steep as originally forecast.
The original estimate that the partial shutdown would subtract 0.1 percentage point from growth every two weeks has now been doubled to a 0.1 percentage point subtraction every week, according to an official who asked not to be named."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/source-white-house-believes-shutdown-will-be-twice-as-costly.html‬
...and....
Conservatives are conflicted. One commented that it has to be a lie because the official is anonymous, and the other said it just doesn’t matter.
why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.
Trump will blink when his stooges in Congress grow a pair & stand up to him.

I don't know what Trump has on some of those goons, but it must be pretty damning for them to be willing to bend over for Trump, who wouldn't piss on a one of them if they were on fire.
Trump got elected on building a Wall and repeal and replacing Obamacare with "a bigger more beautiful health care plan" he already had written.

I think we can see where this thing is going. LOL

Trump berated McConnell, and McConnell has a memory of an elephant.

...and....

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.
then the dems should add the 5.7 B to the budget. seems reasonable to me and actually very simple.

Except of course the fact that he decides what he will sign and McConnell will only hold a vote for what he'll sign.

So.......it's still Trump's shutdown.

It's the hostage taker that makes demands.
dude, I don't care, nor does he who you blame, the issue is that the dems won't come to the table. dude point that finger all fking day isn't going to make the dems get to the table. why do you behave so stupidly?

The Dems don't need to come to the table, dope. They have made no demands. They have done their job.
then where's the budget?

Waiting for McConnell to find his balls.
Not going to happen. At least until public opinion provides a majority of gop senators willing to embrace the Trump wrath. And I'm not really sure McConnell isn't finding Trump's declining popularity a positive.

He's protected the SC corporate welfare republican wing for a decade. And passed another supply side tax cut dropping another half billion or so in debt on our kids each year. Mission accomplished.

You're right, I always said when the tax bill was passed they were done with Trump. Mitch and his gang got what they wanted and could care less about a wall.

Except of course the fact that he decides what he will sign and McConnell will only hold a vote for what he'll sign.

So.......it's still Trump's shutdown.

It's the hostage taker that makes demands.
dude, I don't care, nor does he who you blame, the issue is that the dems won't come to the table. dude point that finger all fking day isn't going to make the dems get to the table. why do you behave so stupidly?

The Dems don't need to come to the table, dope. They have made no demands. They have done their job.
then where's the budget?

They got snipped quite a while ago. Thus the constant look on his face.

His wife keeps them in a silk pouch.

then where's the budget?

Not going to happen. At least until public opinion provides a majority of gop senators willing to embrace the Trump wrath. And I'm not really sure McConnell isn't finding Trump's declining popularity a positive.

He's protected the SC corporate welfare republican wing for a decade. And passed another supply side tax cut dropping another half billion or so in debt on our kids each year. Mission accomplished.

You're right, I always said when the tax bill was passed they were done with Trump. Mitch and his gang got what they wanted and could care less about a wall.
And the Justices. The tax cuts and the Judges. And they can't see the back of Trump fast enough.

^What a retard. Yikes!

He should explain how less spending which requires less debt to fund it is bad.

Even deficit spending adds to GDP.

then where's the budget?

They got snipped quite a while ago. Thus the constant look on his face.

His wife keeps them in a silk pouch.
when did you all lose your souls?

^What a retard. Yikes!

well duh, it's called deficit spending for a reason.

then where's the budget?

And the Justices. The tax cuts and the Judges. And they can't see the back of Trump fast enough.

Forgot about the Justices, now until the next election they will get very little done. A measly bill here or there that really means nothing.

...and....

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.
Tough shit. If you are low or middle class, you suffer. All of us are one catastrophy away from being homeless. Conquer and persevere my friends. Work, make good choices, work some more. Lazy ass libstained leftists have a hard time understanding this concept.

^What a retard. Yikes!

Oh bigleague, and it's not happening now. OUR FARMERS ARE SUFFERING. PLEASE SEND THEM THERE WELFARE SO THEY WILL SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP'S TRADE WARS

...and....

Tough shit. If you are low or middle class, you suffer. All of us are one catastrophy away from being homeless. Conquer and persevere my friends. Work, make good choices, work some more. Lazy ass libstained leftists have a hard time understanding this concept.

Who's dick is that in your mouth smoke a pole? The left I know make a hell of a lot more money than you ever had or will including me. The small business owners in this situation are located in trump country and when they talk about not voting for the guy again many listen.

...and....

As always, conservative republicans don't care about small businesses, don't care about the military and don't care about the civil service.

...and....

What was that you were crying about last month? Something a lib would have proposed? You are such a whining little baby, why don't you get out of your mama's basement and get a job loser?

then where's the budget?

Huge win for them. Permanent cuts for corps and wealthy.

...and....

then the dems should add the 5.7 B to the budget. seems reasonable to me and actually very simple.
Very simple? Well then, conservative republicans should understand it then.

Forum List

Back