Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

The House Democrats have met their constitutional obligation.

No, they have not. That's the partisan hack answer. Their obligation, as is the Senate's obligation, as is the president's obligation, is to work together to reach a compromise and end the impasse. The president wants $5 billion for a wall; the Democrats want nothing. Nobody is willing to budge. Mature adults would meet halfway, but that's not what we have in D.C. I don't support a wall either, but to cause all of this drama over pure partisan politics is irresponsible on everybody's part.
the one thing, and for me the only thing, both Pelosi and crying chuck were ok with a wall in 2014. The mere fact that they won't fund it today is pure partisan and Trump knows it. that my friend is really the shameful piece.

The Dems aren't asking for anything. They've made no demands. They've met their obligation to fund the govt.

It's the hostage takers that make demands.
so the school teachers unions hold school kids hostage when they go on strike right? let's hear from you? It's happening today in California. so correct?

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

No, they have not. That's the partisan hack answer. Their obligation, as is the Senate's obligation, as is the president's obligation, is to work together to reach a compromise and end the impasse. The president wants $5 billion for a wall; the Democrats want nothing. Nobody is willing to budge. Mature adults would meet halfway, but that's not what we have in D.C. I don't support a wall either, but to cause all of this drama over pure partisan politics is irresponsible on everybody's part.

The president and the Senate are not obliged to shut the govt down over funding requests, dope.
the president is allowed to have input into the budget. no matter how much you wish to not have it so. too fking funny. where were all you creeps when obammy was in office?

Great. So it's his shutdown. Thanks.
Trump doesn't care and his supporters don't care who you blame. We're engaged in a cold civil war. Someone is going to blink and it's not going to be Trump. He doesn't care about being re-elected.

The president and the Senate are not obliged to shut the govt down over funding requests, dope.
the president is allowed to have input into the budget. no matter how much you wish to not have it so. too fking funny. where were all you creeps when obammy was in office?

well no, he can't sign what he doesn't have. so until something touches his desk, he is not at fault. BTW, they know what he wants, why don't they negotiate? isn't that customary in negotiations? just saying.

the one thing, and for me the only thing, both Pelosi and crying chuck were ok with a wall in 2014. The mere fact that they won't fund it today is pure partisan and Trump knows it. that my friend is really the shameful piece.

The Dems aren't asking for anything. They've made no demands. They've met their obligation to fund the govt.

so the school teachers unions hold school kids hostage when they go on strike right? let's hear from you? It's happening today in California. so correct?

I think that's fair. Completely unrelated but fair.

again, without a bill on his desk he can't sign it or veto it. so, what's it going to be now? i mean, you think he cares you blame him? He will stay the course and the dems will continue to look like the uncooperating party.

The left continually cries for "bipartisanship" and "compromise", but as we can all see that's a game they play. When it comes down to when it matters, they demand their way or nothing.

So....the district can hold teachers hostage by saying "think about the children!!!" ? I'm sure you wouldn't mind working as a teacher without a contract for 2 years, right?

The left continually cries for "bipartisanship" and "compromise", but as we can all see that's a game they play. When it comes down to when it matters, they demand their way or nothing.
they also all ran on working with the president. and already broke their promise. so leftist.

well no, he can't sign what he doesn't have. so until something touches his desk, he is not at fault. BTW, they know what he wants, why don't they negotiate? isn't that customary in negotiations? just saying.

Except of course the fact that he decides what he will sign and McConnell will only hold a vote for what he'll sign.

So.......it's still Trump's shutdown.

It's the hostage taker that makes demands.

You think it's fair to hold kids hostage?

they also all ran on working with the president. and already broke their promise. so leftist.
That's because they're liars. Their entire agenda is a lie. They lie from morning to night.

Except of course the fact that he decides what he will sign and McConnell will only hold a vote for what he'll sign.

dude, I don't care, nor does he who you blame, the issue is that the dems won't come to the table. dude point that finger all fking day isn't going to make the dems get to the table. why do you behave so stupidly?

GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers. What a great opportunity to reduce government spending in one fell swoop. After 30 days of furlough, he can RIF them.

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html

sure, he just said so.

Trump doesn't care and his supporters don't care who you blame. We're engaged in a cold civil war. Someone is going to blink and it's not going to be Trump. He doesn't care about being re-elected.
He doesn't care about being re-elected.

Or nearly a million federal workers.

Under regular order, dope. Not with a gun to their head.

I think their cause is righteous. They're doing it for the kids.

dude, I don't care, nor does he who you blame, the issue is that the dems won't come to the table. dude point that finger all fking day isn't going to make the dems get to the table. why do you behave so stupidly?

The Dems don't need to come to the table, dope. They have made no demands. They have done their job.

Wrong will not shrink the important part of the GDP

And this will increase long term America's GDP

I think their cause is righteous. They're doing it for the kids.
how so? giving them a holiday when they should be learning, taking away summer days off? exactly how does their strike benefit the kids. wow, I never thought I'd see that one. you fkers really do have screws missing.

Forum List

Back