Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers. What a great opportunity to reduce government spending in one fell swoop. After 30 days of furlough, he can RIF them.

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html

GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers.

^What a retard. Yikes!

Govt spending is 20% of GDP, dope.
explain how spending less is bad.

He should explain how less spending which requires less debt to fund it is bad.

Even deficit spending adds to GDP.
Oh bigleague, and it's not happening now. OUR FARMERS ARE SUFFERING. PLEASE SEND THEM THERE WELFARE SO THEY WILL SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP'S TRADE WARS
"(CNN)The man suspected to have shot and killed a police officer during a traffic stop in Newman, California, was in the country illegally, the Stanislaus County sheriff said Thursday.

"The 33-year-old police officer, Ronil Singh, pulled over the suspect just before 1 a.m. Wednesday and a few moments later called out "shot fired" over the radio."

Tell this cops family you think they didn't deserve better. you're pure evil, pure evil.

Conservatives are conflicted. One commented that it has to be a lie because the official is anonymous, and the other said it just doesn’t matter.
why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.
Tough shit. If you are low or middle class, you suffer. All of us are one catastrophy away from being homeless. Conquer and persevere my friends. Work, make good choices, work some more. Lazy ass libstained leftists have a hard time understanding this concept.

Who's dick is that in your mouth smoke a pole? The left I know make a hell of a lot more money than you ever had or will including me. The small business owners in this situation are located in trump country and when they talk about not voting for the guy again many listen.
Oh really fuckstick? Do you know what I make? BTW, it seems you are hung up on the gay thing. Please keep your sexual perversions in your basement.

Conservatives are conflicted. One commented that it has to be a lie because the official is anonymous, and the other said it just doesn’t matter.
why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.
Tough shit. If you are low or middle class, you suffer. All of us are one catastrophy away from being homeless. Conquer and persevere my friends. Work, make good choices, work some more. Lazy ass libstained leftists have a hard time understanding this concept.

Who's dick is that in your mouth smoke a pole? The left I know make a hell of a lot more money than you ever had or will including me. The small business owners in this situation are located in trump country and when they talk about not voting for the guy again many listen.
"(CNN)The man suspected to have shot and killed a police officer during a traffic stop in Newman, California, was in the country illegally, the Stanislaus County sheriff said Thursday.

The 33-year-old police officer, Ronil Singh, pulled over the suspect just before 1 a.m. Wednesday and a few moments later called out "shot fired" over the radio."
tell officer Singh's family you don't think his life was worth protecting.

The Dems don't need to come to the table, dope. They have made no demands. They have done their job.
then where's the budget?

Waiting for McConnell to find his balls.
Not going to happen. At least until public opinion provides a majority of gop senators willing to embrace the Trump wrath. And I'm not really sure McConnell isn't finding Trump's declining popularity a positive.

He's protected the SC corporate welfare republican wing for a decade. And passed another supply side tax cut dropping another half billion or so in debt on our kids each year. Mission accomplished.

You're right, I always said when the tax bill was passed they were done with Trump. Mitch and his gang got what they wanted and could care less about a wall.
Huge win for them. Permanent cuts for corps and wealthy.
I think the indiv cuts expire in ten years and can be rolled back with simple maj votes. Overall I'm ok with the corp tax cuts, but they did NOT really result in most profits being repatriated. So perhaps a modest alteration, also with a simple maj and expiring in ten years.

...and....

As always, conservative republicans don't care about small businesses, don't care about the military and don't care about the civil service.
Government check?

Wishful thinking? There is no doubt that a "shrinking GDP" would fit right into the democrat party agenda but only an idiot would claim that the GDP depends on non essential government drones.

Oh really fuckstick? Do you know what I make? BTW, it seems you are hung up on the gay thing. Please keep your sexual perversions in your basement.

:dunno:

^What a retard. Yikes!

Oh bigleague, and it's not happening now. OUR FARMERS ARE SUFFERING. PLEASE SEND THEM THERE WELFARE SO THEY WILL SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP'S TRADE WARS

"The 33-year-old police officer, Ronil Singh, pulled over the suspect just before 1 a.m. Wednesday and a few moments later called out "shot fired" over the radio."

Tell this cops family you think they didn't deserve better. you're pure evil, pure evil.
Gee maybe the gop should have voted for wall., Trumppole sucker.

needed nine senators duncepole. when will you actually educate on how the US functions? wow, you still are lost.

GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers. What a great opportunity to reduce government spending in one fell swoop. After 30 days of furlough, he can RIF them.

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html

GDP Growth is going to explode once Trump permanently lays off a large portion of the non-essential furloughed workers.

^What a retard. Yikes!

Government spending consumes 20% of GDP, bub.

I suggest you read Bastiat's parable of the broken window and get back to us.
Government spending consumes 20% of GDP, bub.

I suggest you read Bastiat's parable of the broken window and get back to us.

No. It doesn't, dope.
GDP is a measure of spending in the economy.
Cutting govt spending reduces the GDP.

Government spending is funded by either taxpayer dollars or taking on debt. You are assuming that taxpayers spending and investing their own money and lower debt levels won't benefit the economy.

Try reading:

Parable of the broken window - Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core

...and....

All of us are one catastrophy away from being homeless. Conquer and persevere my friends. Work, make good choices, work some more.

You forgot garage sales. Garage sales will help.

Yes and Trump has placed nearly a million American citizens squarely in the middle of a catstrophe of his own making for no other reason than political gain.

All of us are one catastrophy away from being homeless. Conquer and persevere my friends. Work, make good choices, work some more.

Yes and Trump has placed nearly a million American citizens squarely in the middle of a catstrophe of his own making for no other reason than political gain.
campaign promise that got him elected. it's what an honest politician does, keeps promises to those who voted him into office. I understand you fail to grasp that concept since everyone you vote for throws their promises down the toilet. it's who you are.

The estimate was not intended to become public. It was just leaked.
Their previous estimate was 0.1% every two weeks.

"The Trump administration now estimates that the cost of the government shutdown will be twice as steep as originally forecast.
The original estimate that the partial shutdown would subtract 0.1 percentage point from growth every two weeks has now been doubled to a 0.1 percentage point subtraction every week, according to an official who asked not to be named."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/source-white-house-believes-shutdown-will-be-twice-as-costly.html‬

Well, that means if it is shut down for 6 months, our economic growth would be around what Obysmals was, and you loved that growth, so you must be excited-)

But never fear—-> due to law that you might not like, lololol, after 30 days of shutdown, Trump and friends can PERMANENTLY furlough people. I like that!

What do you think Fancy Nancy and Chuckie Shmucky will do now-) Trump can get rid of the swamp because of your incompetence, and we thank you for your support!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If you fuktards depend on a huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government for your survival, you deserve everything you get.

needed nine senators duncepole. when will you actually educate on how the US functions? wow, you still are lost.

Link please.

Show us the Senate whip count.

campaign promise that got him elected. it's what an honest politician does, keeps promises to those who voted him into office. I understand you fail to grasp that concept since everyone you vote for throws their promises down the toilet. it's who you are.
Still waiting for that check from Mexico.

Is it coming by way of Jupiter?

Link please.

Show us the Senate whip count.
link for what? the Senate needs 60 votes to pass a bill. you need a link for that? really? now I know you are stupid.

Still waiting for that check from Mexico.

Is it coming by way of Jupiter?
what check? did you buy something on line from mexico and return it? not sure what you are referring to.

Forum List

Back