"Oh No" - "Weird" - "Here We Go Again" - "OMG"

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
In the category of 'oh no' and "weird man" and "here we go again", "you're kidding right?" and "OMG!" and other topics that cause us to just shake our heads in amazement or anger or sadness or frustration, or that just makes us go hmmmm, here's a sampling from the Drudge Report alone today:

New Record: Price of Gas Above $3 Gallon for 1,245 Days...

UPDATE: Mavericks owner Cuban under fire for comments touching on race...

Sarkozy Calls on EU to Resurrect National Borders...

Russia, China hold joint naval war games...

Russia may build eight nuclear reactors for Iran...

Robert Redford in Talks to Play Oral Roberts in Minister Movie...

Biologist: 'Climate Change' Will Force Humans To 'Eat Bodies of Dead'...

SKorea introduces 'women-only' parking spaces...

Astronomers tell Congress 'there's alien life out there'...

Whether slow news day or whether this is our new normal, I thought it an amazing group of topics. I haven't read any of the stories but all sorts of images pop into one's head when reading the headlines.

I though this might be a good repository of those headlines that frighten us, worry us, make us wonder, sadden us, frustrate us, amuse us etc. but that don't really merit a whole thread. Of course some, like the nuclear reactors in Iran could develop legs and spin off into their own thread.

I thought the South Korean women's only parking spaces especially intriguing. Certainly possible fodder for a few one liners? :)

I thought the Dogs Can Smell Out Protate Cancer was an uplifting news report, myself. But...those are rare indeed. Oh, wait! And the baby moose that guy took to a restaurant that he found as a newborn. Just too cute! We need more news reports like that.

I thought the Dogs Can Smell Out Protate Cancer was an uplifting news report, myself. But...those are rare indeed. Oh, wait! And the baby moose that guy took to a restaurant that he found as a newborn. Just too cute! We need more news reports like that.

A guy found a restaurant as a newborn? Which one was the newborn? The guy or the restaurant?

lol. No. He found the baby moose, with umbilical cord still attached, near a freeway with no mama moose in sight. So..he got it, put it in his car and was heading the wildlife place with it but stopped to get a coffee. I will see if I can find the news report. It is just too cute.

Where I live regular unleaded has been right at $4.00 a gallon for months.

About $2.30 a gallon higher than when our dear comrade leader took office.

Dogs can smell out any cancer. Earlier and more accurately than anything else.

In the category of 'oh no' and "weird man" and "here we go again", "you're kidding right?" and "OMG!" and other topics that cause us to just shake our heads in amazement or anger or sadness or frustration, or that just makes us go hmmmm, here's a sampling from the Drudge Report alone today:

New Record: Price of Gas Above $3 Gallon for 1,245 Days...

UPDATE: Mavericks owner Cuban under fire for comments touching on race...

Robert Redford in Talks to Play Oral Roberts in Minister Movie...

Whether slow news day or whether this is our new normal, I thought it an amazing group of topics. I haven't read any of the stories but all sorts of images pop into one's head when reading the headlines.

I though this might be a good repository of those headlines that frighten us, worry us, make us wonder, sadden us, frustrate us, amuse us etc. but that don't really merit a whole thread. Of course some, like the nuclear reactors in Iran could develop legs and spin off into their own thread.

Well, that biologist story is from Ehrlich, who has been successfully failing at every prediction he has ever made for at least the last 50 years Why anyone listens to that jackass I'll never know. I guess progressives just like to here their lips smack together.

Dogs can smell out any cancer. Earlier and more accurately than anything else.

Gracie smelled mine. I just didn't know that is what it was.

I thought the South Korean women's only parking spaces especially intriguing. Certainly possible fodder for a few one liners? :)

Since you asked nice, here's the photo of that women-only parking lot.

woman_only_parking-300x200.jpg

??? slow news week???

seems like we are close to 'The End'---

that being said.

Redford --a Walk in the Woods---Bill Bryson--expat--living in the UK --goes for a walk on the Appalachian Trail. How, Bob--How? Maybe he can manage some sort of American British accent---go for it.

sigh--Nick Nolte--I think he is the best friend. On occasion NN has done well--don't care for him that much.

Mary Steenburgen Joins Robert Redford, Nick Nolte In 'A Walk In The Woods' - Deadline.com

locally---'Fugitive Doctor Apprehended' ---fled apprehension in an affluent ATL suburb--to Miami--had $30,000 or so in cash and his passport. awaiting extradition.

why---molesting a teenager and another woman--practicing medicine without a license--maybe more.

'Bad Boys---Whatcha Gonna Do'----???

~~~~~~~
I have no words.

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2235

Last edited:
Sarkozy claiming he can keep his hands to himself? That's a new one.
Kinky.
Well, that was easy. We don't need a nuke after all, they will blow themselves up.
Ew! I think I will just eat the seaweed, rather than Soylent Green.
Obesity strikes again!
Congress isn't alien to the rest of the planet? :lol:

??? slow news week???

that being said.

Redford --a Walk in the Woods---Bill Bryson--expat--living in the UK --goes for a walk on the Appalachian Trail. How, Bob--How? Maybe he can manage some sort of American British accent---go for it.

sigh--Nick Nolte--I think he is the best friend. On occasion NN has done well--don't care for him that much.

Mary Steenburgen Joins Robert Redford, Nick Nolte In 'A Walk In The Woods' - Deadline.com

locally---'Fugitive Doctor Apprehended' ---fled apprehension in an affluent ATL suburb--to Miami--had $30,000 or so in cash and his passport. awaiting extradition.

why---molesting a teenager and another woman--practicing medicine without a license--maybe more.

~~~~~~~
I have no words.

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - V. Stiviano: The Woman behind the Donald Sterling Scandal Takes off the Visor and Faces Dr. Phil

I sure thought somebody would have come up with a choice comment about Robert Redford playing Oral Roberts in a movie. :)

??? slow news week???

that being said.

~~~~~~~
I have no words.

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - V. Stiviano: The Woman behind the Donald Sterling Scandal Takes off the Visor and Faces Dr. Phil

I sure thought somebody would have come up with a choice comment about Robert Redford playing Oral Roberts in a movie. :)[/QUOTE]

Bob--as I call him. and we know that at Sundance--'no one is allowed to speak his name'--cough--guess it's true---it has been reported and communicated via the internet. pardon me.

If he thinks he can---nobody can stop him from trying. He does what he wants to do---for reasons that would mystify most of us. Kevin Spacey surely understands. Does what he wants/needs to do. ok---none of my concern.

I would watch such a film to see what 'Bob' could do. beyond that--no interest.

~~~~~~~~
I loved 'The Way We Were'---don't enjoy it much now---first time--swept away.

???Jeremiah Johnson---would see it again. 'Bob'---we would have very little in common. He can act. Does it because he can--I respect that.

Forum List

Back