Ohio Governor tries to draw redistricting map that would cut away Jim Jordan's district

well maybe the state doesn’t change anything after that every ten year count. Nobody is making them. Just a chance to check and see if the population changed

how often do you think we should check then? 20 years?
Every 10 years after the census data comes in.

How? Populations are not evenly distributed.
Like routing in Google Maps, algorithms exist that will create districts without taking outcomes into account. So long as the algorithm is public, it would be incorruptible.

Then it is not fair. If your metropolitan area has a population that significantly exceeds other voting districts, then this area should be divided on two or three voting districts (depending on the difference in population with the other counties).
Actually, only one Congressional District in the state has a lower population, with all being within 10% of each other.

can you provide me a link to a GOP Governor doing this?
First off, there is no standard for each state, so there might be some states that dont even involve the governor.

But here are some examples.....some favor dems some favor repubs. You dont actually think repubs dont gerrymander? Get real. 11. Chicago

First off, there is no standard for each state, so there might be some states that dont even involve the governor.

But here are some examples.....some favor dems some favor repubs. You dont actually think repubs dont gerrymander? Get real. 11. Chicago
yes there is a standard…the US Constitution and Federal law sets it

I never said republicans don’t…i am asking however specially for an example of the Republican Governor doing what they dem is trying to do

Or require independent non partisan committees to draw new districts. With big data, gerrymandering is possible on a scale never before seen. With "surgical precision"
I think that organizing something like General Election Committee is a matter of time.

Forum List

Back