Ohio rape case...a slippery slope?

The girl did not blame the boys. She was unconscious. She didn't know what happened. It was not until the boys posted the video on You Tube and boasted about what they had done that anyone knew that such a horrific crime had occurred.

Okay. If she was unconscious WHEN they touched her, they did wrong.

Not only did these boys urinate on her, but they took her unconscious body to another party to be abused there.

I did not know that. If true, that is indeed going too far.

To answer your specific point, if a woman does not give specific consent to sex her partner is guilty of rape.

That's scary on it's face. I'm SURE you are therefore guilty of rape. Don't tell us you never, as a teenager, felt up a girl that had not specifically said "Yes, I want you to feel me up".

Anyway, I appreciate the insight. It sounds like the boys were worse in their actions than I had previously thought.

I have never in my entire life felt up a girl. Not once, not even close.

Yeah.....that's a "real surprise".

It is agaisnt the law in Ohio to shove your fingers in to the vagina of an unconscience woman, and to remove the clothing and post nude pictures of someone under the age of 18 on the Internet.

The state proved she was unconscience at the trial, with pictures, social media posts and testimony from numerous witnesses.

There is no slippery slope. Don't have sex with someone who doesn't give you permission to have sex with them. Period.

When a woman--a young woman, especially--is in such a state, she is subject to predators. It is the responsibility of people in her company to protect her.

Period.

And those mother fuckers were predators.

That's an argument to convict the other party goers that had nothing to do with what happened. I don't buy that either.

But again, how do you feel about the idea that a woman must give specific consent and if not, she's been raped. Surely when you were a drunk teenager fooling around with a girl, she didn't give consent. She just didn't say "no".

I can't see a rape conviction because the girl made the choice to drink herself beyond the point of being able to say 'stop'.

First of all . . . would you say the same thing if this was your daughter?

Secondly, I think we seriously need to have this discussion with our young people. Taking sexual advantage of any intoxicated person is wrong--we can argue about degrees, but an underage person makes this impossibly wrong.

Thirdly, "onlookers" are always responsible for doing the right thing. ALWAYS.

Judging by their behavior thus far, I'd say the "onlookers" did exactly what they thought was the right thing, they took pictures and videos with their cell phones and posted them to the 'net. That's just sad.

To all MEN. You can not go to the bathroom on or insert objects or body parts into a passed out girl regardless of the circumstances.

Think if it was your daughter. Or your sister.

Making excuses for these boys is reprehensible.

The boys should be punished but when the mother of the victim stood up and lectured them it kinda got to me. This girl had a history of alchohol abuse and the mother should not be lecturing anyone about anything.

Not only did these boys urinate on her, but they took her unconscious body to another party to be abused there.
To answer your specific point, if a woman does not give specific consent to sex her partner is guilty of rape.
That's scary on it's face. I'm SURE you are therefore guilty of rape. Don't tell us you never, as a teenager, felt up a girl that had not specifically said "Yes, I want you to feel me up". Anyway, I appreciate the insight. It sounds like the boys were worse in their actions than I had previously thought.

You never had a friend who got implants and begged you to touch them? I live in California so maybe that makes a difference. But I've felt a few fake boobs when begged. They felt just like mine. Mine are not fake though..... Yet. Lol

I really don't have a whole lot of sympathy for these idiots, who thought it was OK to sexually assault a drunk girl.

That's an argument to convict the other party goers that had nothing to do with what happened. I don't buy that either.

But again, how do you feel about the idea that a woman must give specific consent and if not, she's been raped. Surely when you were a drunk teenager fooling around with a girl, she didn't give consent. She just didn't say "no".

I can't see a rape conviction because the girl made the choice to drink herself beyond the point of being able to say 'stop'.

First of all . . . would you say the same thing if this was your daughter?

Secondly, I think we seriously need to have this discussion with our young people. Taking sexual advantage of any intoxicated person is wrong--we can argue about degrees, but an underage person makes this impossibly wrong.

Thirdly, "onlookers" are always responsible for doing the right thing. ALWAYS.

Judging by their behavior thus far, I'd say the "onlookers" did exactly what they thought was the right thing, they took pictures and videos with their cell phones and posted them to the 'net. That's just sad.
Actually, it's an......

There is no slippery slope. It against the law to have sex with an unconscious person.period. it doesn't matter the person got into an unconscious state.

My question, was the gril prosecuted for under aged drinking? If not, why not, her behavior was the enabling factor in the whole incident. She has to bear some responsibility.

That's scary on it's face. I'm SURE you are therefore guilty of rape. Don't tell us you never, as a teenager, felt up a girl that had not specifically said "Yes, I want you to feel me up".

Anyway, I appreciate the insight. It sounds like the boys were worse in their actions than I had previously thought.

I have but they weren't passed out.

For those "boys" to use that girl they way they did and then further degrade her by photographing her and posting the pictures is deserving of the prison sentence they got.

What they did is contemptible and it's too bad they are going to a juvenile facility rather than an adult prison where they would be repeatedly reminded of the real nature of their crime.

I don't understand why in all other cases, driving, getting into a fight, spending money, being drunk does not excuse or remove you from your responsibilities, yet women can use this excuse to claim that they were raped..
Driving: you are doing something.
Getting into a fight: you are doing something.
Spending money: you are doing something.
Getting raped: something is being done to you.

Responsibility for an act is on the actor. The boys were under no requirement to rape her...they had the free choice to just leave her alone. Their choice, drunk or not, was to committ the act.

Yes, she was foolish. But being foolish in no way mitigates or excuses someone from harming you.

My question, was the gril prosecuted for under aged drinking? If not, why not, her behavior was the enabling factor in the whole incident. She has to bear some responsibility.
I don't know if you are a male or female. But if the former, and if you had access to a drunken woman, would you do to her what those "boys" did? That should be a very easy question to answer. And if your answer is no, please explain why.

For teen-age boys to have opportunistic sex with an unconscious girl is one thing. Taking and publicizing degrading photos of the girl demonstrates a contemptible character flaw that needs to be punitively corrected.

You are off, on many different levels. The boys' actions were indefensible. Someone being unconscious is not a license to rape her, or piss on her, nor laugh about her being dead.

A lifetime sentence as a sex offender is too lenient. It is not enough of a deterrent to keep other boys from just having fun at someone else's expense.

There is no evidence she was unconscious at the time the boy touched her with his finger.

Nobody got pissed on.

Laughing at someone should NEVER be against the law.

In any case, you didn't address the point. Are we now going to say that if a woman doesn't give specific consent to sex, her partner is guilty of rape?

I just don't buy it.
You are wrong on every level. They have her passed.put on film. They did piss on her. They have audio.of them saying she is passed out. You know what, as a father of a daughter, I say fuck you.

Forum List

Back