OK. Calling up National Guard for the solar eclipse?

There is a diminishing magnetic field which will give rise to problems going forward .
More extreme is the wandering of the magnetic pole which some say is a precursor of a pole shift .
Highly improbable imho .

Worth watching the daily Space Weather videos
which only last ca . 3 minutes , and are professionally and soberly presented .

This is truly bizarre

OK is calling in the NG and calling up a special Chemical, Biological unit

And telling people to stock up on supplies

For an eclipse?

Sounds like it is odd but their concern seems to be they are going to be overloaded with tourists in that area because it is in the totality zone for the eclipse, and people may have trouble getting out to the stores and such and stores and such may have trouble getting inventory in due to the traffic.

This is truly bizarre

For an eclipse?

Well, you gotta have security there in case that eclipse “gets out of line!”

See what I did there? Huh? Huh?

😁

Sounds like it is odd but their concern seems to be they are going to be overloaded with tourists in that area because it is in the totality zone for the eclipse, and people may have trouble getting out to the stores and such and stores and such may have trouble getting inventory in due to the traffic.

Is Oklahoma really in the totality zone for this one? I thought it would be the Eastern Seaboard, especially in the North East.

1710509539722.png

Toronto is seeing a huge uptick in tourist bookings as it is THE place to be for this eclipse. Schools her are closing for the day because the Eclipse achieves totality around 3:15, just as schools are letting out, so they closed the schools so the kids wouldn't get out of school and start looking at it.

That makes the most sense!!

Well done!

Did I say there weren't?
So OK is NOT calling out their National Guard, including the Biological and Chemical unit??

What’s the “conspiracy”?

I had a question at the OP and the answer seems to be “ to handle the unprecedented surge of visitors”

Isn’t that a nice result?

Is Oklahoma really in the totality zone for this one? I thought it would be the Eastern Seaboard, especially in the North East.

View attachment 917452

Toronto is seeing a huge uptick in tourist bookings as it is THE place to be for this eclipse. Schools her are closing for the day because the Eclipse achieves totality around 3:15, just as schools are letting out, so they closed the schools so the kids wouldn't get out of school and start looking at it.
McCurtain County is. It is the county on the bottom eastern corner of the state that the blue line passes right over.

This is truly bizarre

For an eclipse?

This is truly bizarre

For an eclipse?

Um did Okie suddenly become Chitzen Itza? Quick, sacrifice the prisoners!

Forum List

Back