Biden won't raise taxes, but.

The whole cut amounted to half that for your income.

View attachment 938524
Adjusted gross income for the year in question was $96,000. Taxable after deductions was $89,000.

Last edited:
The whole cut amounted to half that for your income.

View attachment 938524
You mean the people who pay all the taxes, might benefit from a tax cut the most?
WhoPays6.png

The top 25% pay 90% of all taxes, and you act shocked they benefit more than people who pay almost no taxes? Crazy! CRAZY I say....

You make $90K and have no deductions.

Sure, that's likely.
I now make $110,000/yr. and still no 'loophole' or business deductions. The only tax-deferred income is from some annuities. I hope to be retired when they mature so I'll be in a much lower tax bracket. But if not, I'll just have to pay the taxes.

I now make $110,000/yr. and still no 'loophole' or business deductions. The only tax-deferred income is from some annuities. I hope to be retired when they mature so I'll be in a much lower tax bracket. But if not, I'll just have to pay the taxes.
YOu need a new accountant.

Most people take the standard deduction, right? So, if the increase in the standard deduction goes away then my taxes will go up when the Trump tax cuts die, right? I'm a retiree with an income around $40k, so I'm gonna be paying more income tax, right? Thank you Joe Biden, you SOB.

No, if we could take more deductions we would.

Exactly. My kids are grown, I do not pay that much in interest on my mortgage and pretty much have no other deductions. Or at least none that add up to more than 27,700

YOu need a new accountant.
I have enough money. I don't need to chase after more. In fact, I stopped renting the 2nd floor flat because I got tired of advertising, showing, cleaning, the place every year (I'm in a student area). The rental value is $700/month.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back