Kansas taxes

Pay attention, Son.

Pay attention, Son.
This wasn't you:

"
They just passed tax cuts that will, as usual, benefit the wealthiest folk.

And now they want to lure in two major league teams with incentives paid for by sales taxes, which will fall mostly on the less well off as we all know.

Red states suck."

Do you think changing the title of your thread means we don't remember?

How does this bill that cuts taxes for EVERYONE equate to red states suck?

Your link doesn't support that. Are you just lying again?
Here's what actually happened....but the dembots on this thread are low informed, some of them actually are just out right lying about even being from Kansas

The Kansas Legislature on Tuesday passed tax cuts that Gov. Laura Kelly will sign, ending a months-long dispute over the affordability of reductions that led to a rare special session. The bipartisan package consolidates the state’s three income tax brackets into two, while cutting rates, providing all taxpayers a reduction. It also includes tax cuts for retired residents and a larger property tax exemption for homes.

Like most of America, the education system here is trash, but more money has never equaled better education. Some of the worst performing school districts in the country, like NYC and Washington DC, are the most expensive.

And aside from the homeless, nobody in America lives in poverty.
Very true that more money is NOT the answer to better education. New York spends more per pupil than any other state but does not have the best schools. Florida is among the least expensive in higher education and among the lowest in per pupil expenditure and recently was named the best of 50 states and DC in education. And Florida for the second year in a row under their new education policies is ranked No. 1 in the nation in education.

You are quite right that America's poor have a very high standard of living compared to most of America's poor. And Kansas like most states has some things to commend it--very low unemployment, lower cost of living and is in the median range in quality of life. (If you don't hunt and fish, there isn't a lot to do in in most of Kansas. :) ) I don't know how their schools are now but my kids got an excellent education there both in public schools and Wichita State.

I loved my life in Kansas and enjoyed some of my most satisfying jobs there and still have many lifelong dear friends there. But again aesthetically there isn't a lot in Kansas to attract new industry and without policy to offset that, Brownback's economy, 'the Kansas experiment', was doomed to failure.

Trump was far more wise in how he cut taxes and put thousands of dollars into American pockets while stimulating the best economy most of us have ever seen. I hope and pray he can do it again. If Biden is re-elected we will most likely see our taxes quadrupled and our choices, options, opportunities and personal wealth much reduced. That will be doubly so if the Trump tax reforms are allowed to expire next year which Biden has said will happen.

Actually that does.

A regressive tax is a type of tax that is assessed regardless of income, in which low- and high-income earners pay the same dollar amount.

They don't pay the same dollar amount. As noted before, wealthy people buy a BMW or a Mercedes. Lower income people buy a ten year old used car. Who pays for more taxes?

Wealthy people shop at Nordstrom. Poor people shop at Walmart. Who pays more taxes?

It's a bogus argument predicated on the idea that lower income people shouldn't have to pay anything while wealthier people foot all the bills for them. It's a class warfare argument.

They just passed tax cuts that will, as usual, benefit the wealthiest folk.

And now they want to lure in two major league teams with incentives paid for by sales taxes, which will fall mostly on the less well off as we all know.

Red states suck.

pack your bags and move

Actually that does.

A regressive tax is a type of tax that is assessed regardless of income, in which low- and high-income earners pay the same dollar amount.

When a rich person buys a car, they spend a shit ton more on said car, and thus pay more sales tax.

They also eat out more, buy more expensive clothes, more expensive property, more expensive toys etc.

And most sales taxes exclude things like food, medicine and cheaper clothes, things that make up a far higher percentage of less well off people's income than more well off people's income.

Forum List

Back