🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

OK "christians" - pony up

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
? Christian Student Says God Wants You To Pay Her Tuition So She Doesn?t Have To Take Out Loans

christian-student-tuition.jpg

When God spoke to Abraham, it was to instruct him to sacrifice his own child. When God spoke to Moses, it was to instruct him to set his people free. When God spoke to Julianna Battenfield, it was to make sure she didn’t incur too much student loan debt while attending law school.

While many of us know the gnashing of teeth that comes from taking out tens of thousands of dollars to pay for college, Battenfield viewed it as a challenge. Rather than deal with decades of loan repayments, why not set up a Kickstarter-like crowdfunding campaign to simply have other people pay for her to go to school? It worked for the potato salad guy.

Conveniently, she claims God told her verbally that she was to do this and also added that she must not take out any private loans. It wasn’t just a nice way to finance her education without having to pay a dime, it was a divine commandment.

Battenfield didn’t always want to be a lawyer, but she said God told her she must become one so that she can help people. After much self-reflection, she decided to trust in what her faith was telling her and enrolled in (should have seen this coming) televangelist Pat Robertson’s Regents University School of Law.

[A]fter much prayer and wise counsel, I have decided to let you in on this part of my life so that you will know what God is doing in and through me.

I do not believe in taking out student loans because the Word of God says not to, and He asked me specifically not to, so I have permanently declined my loans in faith, trusting that He will provide the full amount.

She then goes on to assuage our natural fears that she is just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake.

“I am not just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake. I’m doing it because the Father asked me to go for a very specific, strategic reason.”

She also adds that it will be really great because with all this money she hopes we give her – which she calls “going on His dime” – she will end college 100% debt-free. In this day and age, with college tuition skyrocketing each year, that does constitute a minor miracle.

Isn't she an adorable little RW moocher ...

Notice that she doesn't even want a real education. She's going to Pat Robertson's phony college.

But hey, send her a few bucks cuz she doesn't think she should have to work for it.

Well I bet she gets it..Christians support fellow Christians, at least the ones of their sect...

Ok Liberals Pony Up!

God said you need to pay my Credit Card bill. It's due by the end of the month so you got about a week.

Ok Liberals Pony Up!
God said you need to pay my Credit Card bill. It's due by the end of the month so you got about a week.
LOL. Good luck MS. Maybe there should be some sort of tax to make them pony up. They could give it to Obama and he could turn around and give it to....
someone other than you.

As for our Father, He says this:

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower becomes the lender's slave

That girl is standing on and in faith. For that reason, I think her cup will run over with the giving spirit of those who want her to succeed for Christ's sake.
^
2 opportunities for our Father to :smiliehug:, bless His children. One who is faith-full, and the others who have felt the joy of giving on behalf of Christ. If anyone does feel lead to participate, do it anonymously, so only you and God know. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
If God really wants her to go to college, regardless of where, He will help her find a job, scholarships, and the ability to pay her own way.

This is basically a young woman setting up her own scholarship. There's nothing wrong with that.

RW moocher?

How do we know she's a "RW-er?"

Are there no liberal Christians?

If it were truly the word of God, then her tuition will be paid....one person will pony up the entire tuition. Watch.

If God really wants her to go to college, regardless of where, He will help her find a job, scholarships, and the ability to pay her own way.

Yes because we all know the christian god runs and employment agency and bank :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back