OK, I need help on this

If the candidate wins a particular state, then that party's electoral votes are counted. If the candidate loses in the particular state, then the electoral votes don't count. Trump won by winning enough states that his electoral votes beat out those that Hillary won.

It's back to the drawing board for me! I thought each State's Electoral College HAD to vote according to the State's popular vote. Now I see some are suing to change the process. I guess I need a primer reset on the EC all over again.

Judge orders Colorado electors to vote for Hillary Clinton
Always funny when the left tries to do what they preach against.
Irony here is when the gop candidate could gain the left can always find a left leaning judge..

I thought Hillary won Colorado. Maybe I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure she did win it. The rules re different from state to state but usually the electoral college is chosen by the party that wins the state's popular votes. The party usually won't pick someone that is wishy-washy on the subject. Not really brain surgery here. Seems like a waste of time and Hillary lost anyway.

It's back to the drawing board for me! I thought each State's Electoral College HAD to vote according to the State's popular vote. Now I see some are suing to change the process. I guess I need a primer reset on the EC all over again.

Always funny when the left tries to do what they preach against.
Irony here is when the gop candidate could gain the left can always find a left leaning judge..
Judge? What about the people who sued to change the Constitutional direction for the EC you so stridently defend when it opposes the popular vote? You see no irony there? Of course not!

Sorry...but I didn't get passed "ok I need help..."

Because I know that already and I really dislike redundancy.

No, each state electors do not HAVE to vote for the candidate that won the popular vote in the State....

Only 28 states have written laws to STOP the electors from choosing the President...

the other State electors are unbound....at least as far as penalties the states have issued like a fine if they vote for someone other than what their State dictates.

My State of Maine, and Nebraska, have our electors set up as the FOUNDERS intended and also as electors were for our Nation in the first 4 Presidential elections...

Each elector given to each state for each congressmen that they have, vote in the manner that supports their own congressional district...states get 1 elector for each congressional voting district, and all states get 2 electors, representing their 2 Senators which is what gives the small states more power and favors the small states, because a small state has the exact same power as the large state who also only gets 2 electors to represent their senators.

Basically, the problem with the electoral college now, BECAUSE States have manipulated it and changed it from our founders day and intent, have set up WINNER TAKES ALL electors, and THAT is what is WRONG.....electors should vote individually...if the district they represent voted for Hillary, then their vote should go to Hillary, if the district the elector represents voted for Donald Trump, then their vote goes to Donald, THEN whomever won the State's Popular vote, gets the vote of the 2 extra electors the State gets to represent their Senators.

this way, voters in the election won't feel shafted and disenfranchised...it's also how democrats do their delegates in the Primary, winner does not take all delegates, each candidate gets the delegates they won, proportionally in the citizen vote.

Anyway, I want the electoral college, they just should go back to each elector voting for who their citizens wanted...

In my state of Maine, we have 2 congressional voting districts....yes, we are a low populated state...

one district's popular vote went to Trump, and the other district's popular vote went to Clinton.

So clinton got one elector, and Trump got one elector,

Clinton won the popular vote overall in the State

So she got the 2 extra electors representing two US senators
-----------------------------------------

Now, back to this in Colorado
electors are suppose to vote for who they feel and think and know, would be the best President for the NATION...the popular vote is suppose help the electors in their choice, but ultimately, when the electors vote on the 19th, the founders wanted them to be able to vote, individually, their conscience.

I remember Hitlery saying she was "HORRIFIED" that Trump wouldn't unconditionally accept the election results if "SHE" won.

Now look at the dems. The hypocrisy is mind numbing. They are truly, the SHIT PILE of America.

No, each state electors do not HAVE to vote for the candidate that won the popular vote in the State....

Only 28 states have written laws to STOP the electors from choosing the President...

the other State electors are unbound....at least as far as penalties the states have issued like a fine if they vote for someone other than what their State dictates.

My State of Maine, and Nebraska, have our electors set up as the FOUNDERS intended and also as electors were for our Nation in the first 4 Presidential elections...

Each elector given to each state for each congressmen that they have, vote in the manner that supports their own congressional district...states get 1 elector for each congressional voting district, and all states get 2 electors, representing their 2 Senators which is what gives the small states more power and favors the small states, because a small state has the exact same power as the large state who also only gets 2 electors to represent their senators.

Basically, the problem with the electoral college now, BECAUSE States have manipulated it and changed it from our founders day and intent, have set up WINNER TAKES ALL electors, and THAT is what is WRONG.....electors should vote individually...if the district they represent voted for Hillary, then their vote should go to Hillary, if the district the elector represents voted for Donald Trump, then their vote goes to Donald, THEN whomever won the State's Popular vote, gets the vote of the 2 extra electors the State gets to represent their Senators.

this way, voters in the election won't feel shafted and disenfranchised...it's also how democrats do their delegates in the Primary, winner does not take all delegates, each candidate gets the delegates they won, proportionally in the citizen vote.

Anyway, I want the electoral college, they just should go back to each elector voting for who their citizens wanted...

In my state of Maine, we have 2 congressional voting districts....yes, we are a low populated state...

one district's popular vote went to Trump, and the other district's popular vote went to Clinton.

electors are suppose to vote for who they feel and think and know, would be the best President for the NATION...the popular vote is suppose help the electors in their choice, but ultimately, when the electors vote on the 19th, the founders wanted them to be able to vote, individually, their conscience.
Thank you, care. I needed that. I never knew the original intent.

When will you thank me for informing you of the truth, every stinking day?

I remember Hitlery saying she was "HORRIFIED" that Trump wouldn't unconditionally accept the election results if "SHE" won.

Now look at the dems. The hypocrisy is mind numbing. They are truly, the SHIT PILE of America.
Why did you have to turn a sincere question into a RW rant? Hillary conceded on election night, Stein started the recounts and you just gotta keep turning 1/2 this country into demons to make yourself look good. What is so lacking in your life that you have to do this?

My friend, when you actually come up with some truth, I'll thank you...every stinking time.

Why did you have to turn a sincere question into a RW rant? Hillary conceded on election night, Stein started the recounts and you just gotta keep turning 1/2 this country into demons to make yourself look good. What is so lacking in your life that you have to do this?
Apparently you didn't know that Cankles supported Jill's recount effort.

Get informed before posting...PLEASE.

Hillary Clinton’s Team to Join Wisconsin Recount Pushed by Jill Stein
By DAVID E. SANGERNOV. 26, 2016

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page

Why do you leftards call the facts a RANT when you're exposed?

Hitlery conceded, and then went about backing all Jilly baby's BS recounts.

Why are you dems such lying, two faced filth?

Where is my thank you???????

My friend, when you actually come up with some truth, I'll thank you...every stinking time.

My patience is wearing thin.

Gipper, FYI I have been against the recount from the gitgo. I do believe we should take another look at the EC, as care4all has suggested, for more clarity on the process and how to handle the popular vote, since the popular vote has lost the office twice in this century. But not post-election. This election is done, over, ended, final. The Clinton team that joined the recount expects no changes either, but the data could be of use in future clarification. The team has accepted the results as they now stand.

"Mr. Elias suggested in his essay that the Clinton campaign was joining the recount effort with little expectation that it would change the result. But many of the campaign’s supporters, picking up on its frequent complaints of Russian interference in the election, have enthusiastically backed Ms. Stein’s efforts, putting pressure on the Clinton team to show that it is exploring all options."

OT, sort of: How do you feel about the investigation into Russian influence? Do you want to know, or do you accept Trump's word on denying the claims of 17 government agencies about Russian hacking and influence?

Where is my thank you???????
Thank you, gipper!

Forum List

Back