ok. I will ask. SunniMan.....

Aren't the Ten Commandments part of the Torah and the Christian Scripture that Jews and Christians (and Muslims) follow as given by God.

Em, the Laws were given to Moses for the Jews. Christians have "adopted" 10 of them as sound doctrine for anybody to follow. Muslims have nothing to do with the Ten Commandments.

You have Jesus' Father confused with other gods, like Allah.
God and Allah are not the same God.
The God of Abraham has a Son, Jesus.
In great big letters on the dome of the rock, Muslims make this statement:
Allah has no son.

Holy toledo; now I know that I'm a different kinda Christian and all but how the hell and pardon my french here did that poster come to that conclusion?

Do you agree with Sharia law? I asked you once before, a few years ago...if you would be able to stand and watch or participate someone being stoned to death..and you said yes. Do you still stand by that opinion? Also, do you agree with honor killings?

There. It's been asked in a different thread than the one below. I DO appreciate you taking the time to post what other muslims are doing in support of the bombing victims. Now I am asking what your thoughts are on Sharia.

Do all muslims have to abide by sharia in order to be muslim? Or can they be against it and still be muslim?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/290680-i-m-muslim-and-i-hate-terrorism-3.html

Gracie, why not ask if all Jews have to abide by Talmudic law in order to be Jews? Do all Hindus have to abide by Vedic law? Do all Christians have to abide by Mosiac law?

The answer is not in the least. Those ancient laws have been superceded. Certainly individuals can choose to live by them as long as they do not clash with civil laws. Under the laws of Moses you were allowed to not only own slaves but also to kill them. Do you expect modern Christians to agree with those laws?

Christians never ever have had to abide by those laws in the OT.

But you lie about the OT

Own slaves and kill them? What law by the Lord was that?

Now having read the good book more than once I know you are a liar or stupid beyond.

:lol:

That's bullshit.

You seem to forget all about the "Dark Ages".

Gracie, why not ask if all Jews have to abide by Talmudic law in order to be Jews? Do all Hindus have to abide by Vedic law? Do all Christians have to abide by Mosiac law?

The answer is not in the least. Those ancient laws have been superceded. Certainly individuals can choose to live by them as long as they do not clash with civil laws. Under the laws of Moses you were allowed to not only own slaves but also to kill them. Do you expect modern Christians to agree with those laws?

But you lie about the OT

Now having read the good book more than once I know you are a liar or stupid beyond.

:lol:

That's bullshit.

You seem to forget all about the "Dark Ages".

Yeah...so...that was ages ago.
This is now.
You notice Sunni didn't really answer any questions specifically.

Such as....if he knew of a group of men stoned a girl to her death because she had an affair touting Sharia law. Would he or not - turn those men in for murder?
Simple question that requires a single word to answer.

You notice Sunni didn't really answer any questions specifically.

Such as....if he knew of a group of men stoned a girl to her death because she had an affair touting Sharia law. Would he or not - turn those men in for murder?
Simple question that requires a single word to answer.
Maybe

THank you for proving my point succinctly rather than wasting time with bullshit.

As a discussion regarding Sharia Law is broader in focus than honor killing or the opinion of one poster, the European Court of Human Rights has clearly set forth their opinion about this subject.

"...in 2004 the European Court of Human Rights "found that sharia was incompatible with the fundamental principles of democracy… It considered that “sharia, which faithfully reflects the dogmas and divine rules laid down by religion, is stable and invariable. Principles such as pluralism in the political sphere or the constant evolution of public freedoms have no place in it. According to the Court, it was difficult to declare one’s respect for democracy and human rights while at the same time supporting a regime based on sharia, which clearly diverged from Convention values, particularly with regard to its criminal law and criminal procedure, its rules on the legal status of women and the way it intervened in all spheres of private and public life in accordance with religious precepts.”

Council of Europe - Conseil de l'Europe

Those countries, cultures or societies that are based upon Sharia law clearly have no respect for freedoms or entitlements and have little regard for those who are compelled to follow such law.

As a discussion regarding Sharia Law is broader in focus than honor killing or the opinion of one poster, the European Court of Human Rights has clearly set forth their opinion about this subject.

"...in 2004 the European Court of Human Rights "found that sharia was incompatible with the fundamental principles of democracy… It considered that “sharia, which faithfully reflects the dogmas and divine rules laid down by religion, is stable and invariable. Principles such as pluralism in the political sphere or the constant evolution of public freedoms have no place in it. According to the Court, it was difficult to declare one’s respect for democracy and human rights while at the same time supporting a regime based on sharia, which clearly diverged from Convention values, particularly with regard to its criminal law and criminal procedure, its rules on the legal status of women and the way it intervened in all spheres of private and public life in accordance with religious precepts.”

Those countries, cultures or societies that are based upon Sharia law clearly have no respect for freedoms or entitlements and have little regard for those who are compelled to follow such law.

And in the same way every society that is no longer living in the dark ages, unshackled itself from the dogmatic principles found in almost any religion.
Sharia law is barbaric, dogmatic, unforgiving and demands total commitment to it. Including torture/murder of it's members who dare to step outside of the law.

Last edited:

I can assure you that muslims do not give a rat's ass what a European/Western court has to say about Sharia or other associated Islamic issues.

True story....... :cool:

I can assure you that muslims do not give a rat's ass what a European/Western court has to say about Sharia or other associated Islamic issues.

I can assure you that you didn't have to tell us that. We clearly knew this to begin with.

True Story.............:cool:

Do you agree with Sharia law? I asked you once before, a few years ago...if you would be able to stand and watch or participate someone being stoned to death..and you said yes. Do you still stand by that opinion? Also, do you agree with honor killings?

There. It's been asked in a different thread than the one below. I DO appreciate you taking the time to post what other muslims are doing in support of the bombing victims. Now I am asking what your thoughts are on Sharia.

Do all muslims have to abide by sharia in order to be muslim? Or can they be against it and still be muslim?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/290680-i-m-muslim-and-i-hate-terrorism-3.html

Jesus did not repeal the Mosiac laws regarding slavery. There are NT verses pertaining to how Christian slaves must obey and serve their masters and how Christian masters must treat their slaves.

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,

Colossians 4:1 Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

1 Peter 2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust.

Colossians 3:22 Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.

Luke 12:47 And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.

1 Timothy 6:1-2 Let all who are under a yoke as slaves regard their own masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be reviled. Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful on the ground that they are brothers; rather they must serve all the better since those who benefit by their good service are believers and beloved. Teach and urge these things.

But you lie about the OT

Exodus 21:20-21 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money."

In other words if you only mortally wound your slave and he takes more than 24 hours to die then there is no punishment because it was the slave owners money that was lost.

Perhaps you should try reading it yet again since you seem to have missed all of those verses on every attempt.

Just as a point of accuracy, honor killings have nothing to do with Sharia.

Are you the Rain King?

So...who cares about the actions/beliefs on Christianity hundreds of years ago?
The question/discussion is TODAY-CURRENT-MODERN - NOW- Sharia Law and Sunni's belief/defense of such a belief system that is still wide spread in Muslim society....TODAY.

Thankfully you are not an authority to be relied upon, but one errant poster with skewed view of society and the world.

The question/discussion is TODAY-CURRENT-MODERN - NOW- Sharia Law and Sunni's belief/defense of such a belief system that is still wide spread in Muslim society....TODAY.

But Sharia law is NOT wide spread in America today and that is Sunni Man's whole point. Only a very tiny fraction of "TODAY-CURRENT-MODERN - NOW" American-Muslims embrace and advocate Sharia law. Just as a very tiny fraction of Christians today advocate that a woman must be subservient to her husband. They are the aberrations, the exceptions and it is wrong to paint everyone who belongs to the religion with the same extremist brush.

But Sharia law is NOT wide spread in America today and that is Sunni Man's whole point. Only a very tiny fraction of "TODAY-CURRENT-MODERN - NOW" American-Muslims embrace and advocate Sharia law. Just as a very tiny fraction of Christians today advocate that a woman must be subservient to her husband. They are the aberrations, the exceptions and it is wrong to paint everyone who belongs to the religion with the same extremist brush.

You have no idea if it is wide spread today or not. It is however, obviously, incredibly wide spread outside of the U.S. It may be true that the more extreme Sharia laws are not enforced here, but at the same time - you won't see Sunni specifically answer whether he supports sharia law - or not. Clearly. Based on his answers here - I believe that if he witnessed a couple Muslim men stone to death a women for cheating on her husband - he would not report the murder to the police. Therefore nothing would happen to the killers, and the women's death would also likely not be reported to authorities. It is not wide spread, but there are missing American women who are suspected Sharia victims.
It happens.

Last edited:

It is not "wide spread" because those attempts to have sharia law recognized by the US court system in inappropriate situations have been rejected much like any other religious or foreign law.

You have no idea if it is wide spread today or not. It is however, obviously, incredibly wide spread outside of the U.S. It may be true that the more extreme Sharia laws are not enforced here, but at the same time - you won't see Sunni specifically answer whether he supports sharia law - or not. Clearly. Based on his answers here - I believe that if he witnessed a couple Muslim men stone to death a women for cheating on her husband - he would not report the murder to the police. Therefore nothing would happen to the killers, and the women's death would also likely not be reported to authorities. It is not wide spread, but there are missing American women who are suspected Sharia victims.
It happens.

Technically every single Muslim-American practices Sharia and have done so since the first Muslims arrived in this nation. Michigan has the largest and oldest Muslim community that has been around for a century now. But if they are practicing STRICT Sharia LAW then why is there a pork sausage factory right next to the Mosque in Dearborn? Why are there still bars and strip clubs? In essence the "Sharia law" bogeyman is a political football. Expecting Sunni Man to renounce Sharia is like expecting a Christian to renounce the resurrection.

Forum List

Back