Oklahoma bans the 10 commandments

I believe it won't. Here is the crux of state question 755, "It makes courts rely on federal and state law when deciding cases. It forbids courts from considering or using international law. It forbids courts from considering or using Sharia Law." It simply says that Oklahoma courts must rely on state and federal law and may not rely on law outside of that. Why would a higher court repeal the state constitution requiring state courts to use state law and federal law?

Where was it ever written that they could consider religious law in their decision? Where have US courts ever allowed international law to supercede our laws?

Legislating something that already does not exist

Women Against Shariah: Shariah In New Jersey: Muslim Husband Rapes And Abuses Wife, Judge Initially Considered Actions In Accordance With Islam

Oh Please! Until not so very long ago this was acceptable in the US and not considered a crime. It wasn't until NOW took issue with it, that feelings changed. Prior to that, it was considered a joke if a woman said her husband raped her. And yes, there are still plenty of people who think it shouldn't be a crime. Sounds like this judge was one of them.

Peace loving Muslims just want to behead the filthy unbelieving infidels, what is so wrong with that? Surely you can understand the need for religious purity, right? Islam is a peace loving religion that is responsible for only 99% of terrorist acts in the world today, surely they cannot be to blame. It is the Jews and Christians who are to blame. Surely you cannot blame the religion of peace, love, and tolerance for the acts of violence that they perpetrate in the name of Allah?
religion-of-peace.jpg

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.

There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

Peace loving Muslims just want to behead the filthy unbelieving infidels, what is so wrong with that? Surely you can understand the need for religious purity, right? Islam is a peace loving religion that is responsible for only 99% of terrorist acts in the world today, surely they cannot be to blame. It is the Jews and Christians who are to blame. Surely you cannot blame the religion of peace, love, and tolerance for the acts of violence that they perpetrate in the name of Allah?
religion-of-peace.jpg

Gee, Zander

I get the impression you think the 1.5 billion Muslims of the world are nothing but terrorists.

If they were, none of us would be around

Why would you think that? Everyone knows that all Muslims are a peaceful, tolerant, fun loving people that love nothing more than a good beheading of a few filthy infidels, the amputation of the testicles and penis of a homosexual, or the stoning to death of a young girl who has sex out of wedlock. It's all in the name of Allah!! So, what's not to love??

realislam.jpg

You are prejudice and would probably turn on Jewish folk in a heart beat.

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.

There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.
You are 100% correct. :eusa_angel:

Gee, Zander

I get the impression you think the 1.5 billion Muslims of the world are nothing but terrorists.

If they were, none of us would be around

Why would you think that? Everyone knows that all Muslims are a peaceful, tolerant, fun loving people that love nothing more than a good beheading of a few filthy infidels, the amputation of the testicles and penis of a homosexual, or the stoning to death of a young girl who has sex out of wedlock. It's all in the name of Allah!! So, what's not to love??

realislam.jpg

You are prejudice and would probably turn on Jewish folk in a heart beat.

Sorry but I am not "prejudice".

What exactly do "Jewish folk" have to do with this? :cuckoo:

I believe it won't. Here is the crux of state question 755, "It makes courts rely on federal and state law when deciding cases. It forbids courts from considering or using international law. It forbids courts from considering or using Sharia Law." It simply says that Oklahoma courts must rely on state and federal law and may not rely on law outside of that. Why would a higher court repeal the state constitution requiring state courts to use state law and federal law?

Where was it ever written that they could consider religious law in their decision? Where have US courts ever allowed international law to supercede our laws?

Yet......and we want to keep it that way. England has already recognized Sharia law and courts. If it can happen there, it could happen elsewhere. Where was it written that they couldn't? Just closing a possible loophole.
NO...England has not. They simply allow Islamic arbitrators in divorce disputes if both parties are in agreement. No different than letting a priest intercede in a Catholic divorce proceeding. None of it is binding.

Really, please educate yourself and quit believing right wing bullshit.

Women Against Shariah: Shariah In New Jersey: Muslim Husband Rapes And Abuses Wife, Judge Initially Considered Actions In Accordance With Islam

Oh Please! Until not so very long ago this was acceptable in the US and not considered a crime. It wasn't until NOW took issue with it, that feelings changed. Prior to that, it was considered a joke if a woman said her husband raped her. And yes, there are still plenty of people who think it shouldn't be a crime. Sounds like this judge was one of them.
Yep...and he was overruled.

Nice to see our legal system work.

NO...England has not. They simply allow Islamic arbitrators in divorce disputes if both parties are in agreement. No different than letting a priest intercede in a Catholic divorce proceeding. None of it is binding.
Here in America the Jews have their own court system called Beth Din that uses Jewish arbitrators in civil matters.

The 10 commandments are part of sharia law?? Really? :lol: Oh yeah, surely they are....I remember these two commandments....don't you?

The 9th commandment: Thou shalt chop off the cock of all homosexuals and let them bleed to death. Or you can stone them. Either way, they must be killed.

The 10th Commandment: Thou shalt feel free to rape any woman you want, they are property, chattel. A camel is worth more than a woman.

Gays and women are so beloved in Islam!! It is a religion of peace and tolerance. :cuckoo:

Same with the GOP and militant Christians Zander. The GOP wants to keep gays out of the military and not let them co-habitate (after all....it's an abomination). And, according to many in the GOP, they want to take this country back all the way to the original Constitution.

You know...........the one where only white males could vote?

The 10 commandments are part of sharia law?? Really? :lol: Oh yeah, surely they are....I remember these two commandments....don't you?

The 9th commandment: Thou shalt chop off the cock of all homosexuals and let them bleed to death. Or you can stone them. Either way, they must be killed.

The 10th Commandment: Thou shalt feel free to rape any woman you want, they are property, chattel. A camel is worth more than a woman.

Gays and women are so beloved in Islam!! It is a religion of peace and tolerance. :cuckoo:
I don't believe you can find any religion--from Judaism to Buddhism--that doesn't frown on homosexuality. And some of the "Christians?" in the US seem to devote their whole lives to making life miserable for gays, including beating them up. It's just that our court system doesn't allow you to hide your hatred under "religious beliefs". I suppose that could also change if some zealots get their way and get the US declared to be a Christian country. Then, unfortunately, a type of Christianity that most of us do not adhere to, would be in play. Women also wouldn't be safe, because the OT also calls for the stoning of adulterers.

wicca doesn't give a damn whether straight or gay

religion-of-peace.jpg

There are millions upon millions of muslims who do NOT participate or condone these actions by a relative few zealots--but you know that--you just are too prejudiced to admit it. We have a few "Christian" nuts in the US too--you know the ones--that feel perfectly justified in killing abortion doctors and beating up gays. Then there was that nitwit in Florida who almost caused an international incident by encouraging everyone to burn Korans. Real Christian of him! But still, that doesn't make all Christians evil either.

lets not forget the westboro baptist asswipes (although i'd like to forget them)

I don't believe you can find any religion--from Judaism to Buddhism--that doesn't frown on homosexuality. And some of the "Christians?" in the US seem to devote their whole lives to making life miserable for gays, including beating them up. It's just that our court system doesn't allow you to hide your hatred under "religious beliefs". I suppose that could also change if some zealots get their way and get the US declared to be a Christian country. Then, unfortunately, a type of Christianity that most of us do not adhere to, would be in play. Women also wouldn't be safe, because the OT also calls for the stoning of adulterers.

wicca doesn't give a damn whether straight or gay

Nor does Hinduism.

The ancient Hindu attitude was that sexuality should be fully integrated into the fabric of life, and nothing to be ashamed of. For instance, in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, IV:4, there is a passage about sex magic which was so explicit that Max Müller felt compelled to translate it into Latin.

Homosexuality is discussed frankly and without condemnation in the ancient Hindu sexual treatises. In the Kama Sutra, in Chapter VI, lesbianism in harems is described, and in Chapter IX, male and female homosexuality in the context of a discussion of oral sex. To quote the Kama Sutra, Chapter IX: "...in all things connected with love, everybody should act according to the custom of his country and his own inclination."

LGBT Texts

In Taoist beliefs, being gay isn't even a consideration.

Matter of fact, the only ones I can think of that ban gays outright is Christianity and Islam.

In Judaic beliefs, you guys DO realize that King David and Jonathan had a FORMALLY RECOGNIZED same sex union?

By the way, the link is to a place called Sacred Texts Archive LBGT section. It's a scholarly site that only takes information from scholars and actual people who study religions.

:eusa_eh:
It's called separation of church and state. They're saying Shiria law cannot trump constitutional law the same way Roman Catholic law cannot trump constitutional law. :cuckoo:

And they didn't know that already? jeezus, lay off the heifer humping for 5 minutes and google the constitution.

Here in America the Jews have their own court system called Beth Din that uses Jewish arbitrators in civil matters.

And you are free to have arbitrators too. The law says that Oklahoma courts have to base decisions and judgements on state and federal law and can't rely on international or Sharia law.

In Judaic beliefs, you guys DO realize that King David and Jonathan had a FORMALLY RECOGNIZED same sex union?
That idiotic BS about King David and Jonathan was shot down several times on other threads as pure non sense.

Yet you keep posting is as though it was true. :cuckoo:

What do you care? You're a Muslim!

Oh.........and for the record...........

David and Jonathan

There is an extensive and very sympathetic description of a same-sex relationship in the Bible, the story of David and Jonathan, e.g.: 1 Samuel 18:1-5, 1 Samuel 19:1-7, 1 Samuel 20:30-42, 2 Samuel 1:25-6. While their bond is described as non-sexual, it is difficult to characterize it as purely one of friendship.

Jonathan was the son of Saul, David's nemesis. Their souls are described as 'knit together'. David and Jonathan 'made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.' The word convenant is significant, because in the Tanach this word always implies a formal legal agreement. To mark this convenant, Jonathan literally gives David the clothes off of his back, as well as other gifts such as weapons.

Later in the narrative, Jonathan successfully intercedes with Saul to spare David's life. At their last meeing, 1 Samuel 20:41, they are described as kissing one another and weeping together. David's grief at Jonathan's death is profound and moving. In Davids lament for Jonathan he describes their friendship as '(sur)passing the love of women'. This elegy, 2 Samuel 1:18-27. known as 'the Bow,' is one of the most beloved passages in the Hebrew Bible.

This narrative far outweighs the two trivial aspersions against same-sex love in Leviticus. The bigots who use the Bible to assault gays are apparently blind to it.

LGBT Texts

And, FWIW, you have the references so that you can look them up in the Bible yourself. Unless, of course, you're not a faithful Muslim Sunnidiot.

Which is what you would be if you owned a Bible.

That idiotic BS about King David and Jonathan was shot down several times on other threads as pure non sense.

Yet you keep posting is as though it was true. :cuckoo:

I find it laughable how hard the hetero trys to deny his Bible when it comes to Homos.

"I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me; THY LOVE TO ME WAS WONDERFUL, PASSING THE LOVE OF WOMEN." - King James
:lol:

And, FWIW, you have the references so that you can look them up in the Bible yourself. Unless, of course, you're not a faithful Muslim Sunnidiot.

Which is what you would be if you owned a Bible.
Where do you come up with such idiotic non sense?!?!

Show me any verse in the Quran or Hadith where it says to be a faithful muslim you must own a Bible?? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back