Oklahoma is banning atheists from getting married

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Oklahoma is making atheist marriages illegal Metro News
i don't really know much about all of this, but couldn't any random person, regardless of faith, gain the ability to legally marry people? so this is going to bar those people from that and that is all it's doing? making it no longer legal for anyone outside of judges and <insert religion> <insert whatever their name for people that marry people> from doing it?

Oklahoma is making atheist marriages illegal Metro News
i don't really know much about all of this, but couldn't any random person, regardless of faith, gain the ability to legally marry people? so this is going to bar those people from that and that is all it's doing? making it no longer legal for anyone outside of judges and <insert religion> <insert whatever their name for people that marry people> from doing it?
Michigan is passing a bill where faith based adoption agencies can discriminate against any non christians. These things are ALEC legislation I bet. Just like the anti abortion and stand your ground and corporate tax break and anti union bills they've passed.

You people dont think midterms matter.

Faith based adoption agencies should discriminate. Go to another adoption agency.

There is barely acceptance for blacks there, let alone for minority religions, and I bet enough people there view all non believers or muslims as demons with horns.

I have relatives in Utah, which is a much more open and forgiving state. Would recommend there or Texas, if you want to be able to live in the open.

You don't get a friendly welcome in Oklahoma unless you keep your faith and activities private.

Not fair, but just how it is. Though discrimination based on religious affiliation will run foul of the US constitution if any state pushes it far enough.

“Rep. Todd Russ, who sponsored the bill, told KSWO-TV that it stemmed from his personal opposition to marriage equality, saying same-sex marriage laws were ‘stuck down our throats’ by the Supreme Court despite Oklahoma voting ‘overwhelmingly’ against it.”

A republican seeking to codify his personal beliefs, forcing those beliefs on others through force of law – how unsurprising.

Forum List

Back