On this 9/11

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Wasn't sure if I should put this here, or in the history forum. I'm going to amaze right-wingers everywhere. I'm going to praise George W. Bush. There are so many things that I could list that I feel Bush screwed up, almost criminally. However, there was a shining moment in his Presidency; and that was the darkest moment in our recent history - 9/11.

I remember on that day. No one knew where the President, or Vice-President were. Yet, he, and Cheney were doing the things they needed to do, with almost machine precision. They were issuing orders to the military, they were sending out intelligence officers, they were doing everything they could do, and needed to, to properly assess, and react to the attacks.

In the days that followed, Bush went to New York, and he encouraged us, rallied us, and stood with us. He also, I remember, made the point to remind Islam, and the World that neither he, nor America would blame a religion for the actions of extremists.

You will never hear me say many kin words about Cowboy George, and his Rodeo Side Show of a Presidency. However, in the days following 9/11, he did himself proud, his parents proud, and this country proud. He does deserve words of praise for how he reacted in the immediate aftermath of that chaos.

Forum List

Back