On to 2028

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Looking over the plans for Los Angeles 2028, one can't help but get excited about the upcoming games that return to the US for the first time since 1996. While you have to admire the ideal of the Games being spread around the globe, one really has to question the "why" of it all...2000 was Sydney, 2004 was Greece, 2008 was Beijing, 2016 was London which was probably the target that recent games have tried to hit; it was a masterpiece. 2020/1 was Tokyo and 2024 was Paris. Having 3 of the last 7 in Europe seems to reek of favoritism. However, I suppose the same could be said about North America when the 68, 76, 84, and 96 Olympics were held here (4 of the 8 from '68 to '96). Anyway IOC...some more logical rotation please. Have it in North America, then Europe, then Asia, then Australia and if Africa or South America are up to it and can put together a bid that makes sense to the athletics, to sustainability and something that will make financial sense; have it there then rotate it back every 24-32 years on each continent.
Anyway, the LA 28 games are in 1,433 days. Sweet. According to Forbes Magzine columnist Jack MacGruder, Softball is making a return to the Olympics. That alone would likely mean I could die a happy person. LOL. It is bizarre that it has been a sport, then wasn't a sport (allegedly because of US domination of the sport) then was reinstated in 2020 but not in 2024. UGH!!!! I'm sure this is a typo (at least I hope it is) but the current venue for the Softball events on the LA28 website is...Oklahoma City. Yes....OKC. Apparently they are serious about it.

1723449096252.png

If you're talking about a sport like soccer and England is playing Brazil in a pool match, that is going to draw 25K people. You may not have a stadium laying around that can support that when you have 16 mens teams and 12 women's teams etc... But it would sure seem like you could hold the Softball events at one of the college campuses around the LA area--Pepperdine, USC, UCLA, UCSB, SD State, Petco Park, etc... Oklahoma???? Wow...okay.

LA28 will install Cricket and LaCrosse into the portfolio of sports as well. Two of those sports that make you wonder why they were not already in the Olympics. I would imagine that the reason has to do with creation of the venues. Keep in mind that the arena where the matches take place is just one part; there are training fields that have to be constructed as well. Good to see LA taking a big approach by including these large-footprint sports. Another one (although a smaller footprint) is Squash. I've never seen a squash match so this will be something new for me.

LA may say goodbye to some sports as well. Breaking hasn't been approved yet. Its one of those sports that lacks definition so I wouldn't be surprised if it makes an exit after one appearance. More disturbing though is that Boxing may be "down for the count" according to the report in Forbes. The report points out that the IOC is having issues with the international governing body, the IBF. I didn't really understand the issue but until there is a change or a new governing body, the IOC may not let Boxing go forward as an Olympic sport. That would be too bad in my view.

Looking over the plans for Los Angeles 2028, one can't help but get excited about the upcoming games that return to the US for the first time since 1996. While you have to admire the ideal of the Games being spread around the globe, one really has to question the "why" of it all...2000 was Sydney, 2004 was Greece, 2008 was Beijing, 2016 was London which was probably the target that recent games have tried to hit; it was a masterpiece. 2020/1 was Tokyo and 2024 was Paris. Having 3 of the last 7 in Europe seems to reek of favoritism. However, I suppose the same could be said about North America when the 68, 76, 84, and 96 Olympics were held here (4 of the 8 from '68 to '96). Anyway IOC...some more logical rotation please. Have it in North America, then Europe, then Asia, then Australia and if Africa or South America are up to it and can put together a bid that makes sense to the athletics, to sustainability and something that will make financial sense; have it there then rotate it back every 24-32 years on each continent.
Anyway, the LA 28 games are in 1,433 days. Sweet. According to Forbes Magzine columnist Jack MacGruder, Softball is making a return to the Olympics. That alone would likely mean I could die a happy person. LOL. It is bizarre that it has been a sport, then wasn't a sport (allegedly because of US domination of the sport) then was reinstated in 2020 but not in 2024. UGH!!!! I'm sure this is a typo (at least I hope it is) but the current venue for the Softball events on the LA28 website is...Oklahoma City. Yes....OKC. Apparently they are serious about it.

View attachment 994286

If you're talking about a sport like soccer and England is playing Brazil in a pool match, that is going to draw 25K people. You may not have a stadium laying around that can support that when you have 16 mens teams and 12 women's teams etc... But it would sure seem like you could hold the Softball events at one of the college campuses around the LA area--Pepperdine, USC, UCLA, UCSB, SD State, Petco Park, etc... Oklahoma???? Wow...okay.

LA28 will install Cricket and LaCrosse into the portfolio of sports as well. Two of those sports that make you wonder why they were not already in the Olympics. I would imagine that the reason has to do with creation of the venues. Keep in mind that the arena where the matches take place is just one part; there are training fields that have to be constructed as well. Good to see LA taking a big approach by including these large-footprint sports. Another one (although a smaller footprint) is Squash. I've never seen a squash match so this will be something new for me.

LA may say goodbye to some sports as well. Breaking hasn't been approved yet. Its one of those sports that lacks definition so I wouldn't be surprised if it makes an exit after one appearance. More disturbing though is that Boxing may be "down for the count" according to the report in Forbes. The report points out that the IOC is having issues with the international governing body, the IBF. I didn't really understand the issue but until there is a change or a new governing body, the IOC may not let Boxing go forward as an Olympic sport. That would be too bad in my view.

What are the up -to- date odds for the games actually being held in what is presently the US ?

Quite long I guess .
Say around 3-1 .
Which country is more likely to take over the burden ?
Russia or China ?
Or , might Team GB be subsidised by Deep State in the new world to build on the greatest ever games from 2012 ?

The Homeless Olympic…

… shopping cart 100 meter dash and cardboard box high jump.
Pure trash.

I'll await the free needle syringe event.

1723457881115.png

To hold the event, all they need to do is built a hundred-million-dollar facility they will never use again.

100% chance the games will be held in Los Angeles. 1000% chance you'll be pissed off that people are enjoying themselves.
Silly Billy .
I likely have followed more of the Olympics in total than anybody else on this site .

But if the US is effectively obliterated when getting more involved in the Middle East , there might be no Los Angeles '28.
Or , the US collapses internally because it is bankrupt and BRICS Plus countries take over international finance , then America will be holding little , other than funerals .

I assess both to be distinct possibilities -- the latter more.
You are entitled to think differently but there is no need to become manic in your posts .

Forum List

Back