Once Considered Unthinkable, U.S. Sales Tax Gets Fresh Look

I suppose he will pull 1.8 trillion dollars out of his ass. Maybe you can tell me how Obama plans to make up with this years deficit?

The same way Bush made up 8 years of deficits.

And you agreed with Mr Bush's 8 years of deficit spending so much that you are just ecstatic that Mr Obama will exceed that 8 year cumulative total in just one year?
Aren't you just brilliant?

We shouldn't be deficit spending in boom times. We should be saving money then, so we can spend it in bad times. Unfortunately, Bush didn't save anything for Obama to spend in bad times.

And you agreed with Mr Bush's 8 years of deficit spending so much that you are just ecstatic that Mr Obama will exceed that 8 year cumulative total in just one year?

We shouldn't be deficit spending in boom times. We should be saving money then, so we can spend it in bad times. Unfortunately, Bush didn't save anything for Obama to spend in bad times.

Another "It's all Booosh's fault" kind of post.
Why don't you address what is actually going on? The fact that Mr Obama is outspending in a single year what that idiot Mr Bush did in 8 years? Address that.

Why don't you address what is actually going on? The fact that Mr Obama is outspending in a single year what that idiot Mr Bush did in 8 years? Address that.

No, its not "all Bushs fault". But whining and bitching that Obama has a higher deficit in a year when you are supposed to have deficits is idiotic. Would you rather Obama let the economy fall into the toilet to have less of a deficit? That sounds like a really grand idea there.

No, its not "all Bushs fault". But whining and bitching that Obama has a higher deficit in a year when you are supposed to have deficits is idiotic. Would you rather Obama let the economy fall into the toilet to have less of a deficit? That sounds like a really grand idea there.

Newsflash for you sweetheart, the economy is already in the toilet.
I suppose if you put a lot more effort in you might be able to say something more stupid than your last post. Please don't.

I suppose if you put a lot more effort in you might be able to say something more stupid than your last post. Please don't.

Newflash for you, dipshit. Without the bailout things would be a LOT worse. The economy isn't great right now, but its no great depression.

Newflash for you, dipshit. Without the bailout things would be a LOT worse. The economy isn't great right now, but its no great depression.

You went ahead and did it anyway.
Prove it sweetheart.

Are these the booming times you are referring to?
Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
sing the stock market as an unofficial benchmark, a recession would have begun in March 2000 when the NASDAQ crashed following the collapse of the Dot-com bubble. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was relatively unscathed by the NASDAQ's crash until the September 11, 2001 attacks, after which the DJIA suffered its worst one-day point loss and biggest one-week losses in history up to that point. The market rebounded, only to crash once more in the final two quarters of 2002. In the final three quarters of 2003, the market finally rebounded permanently, agreeing with the unemployment statistics that a recession defined in this way would have lasted from 2001 through 2003.

We're not talking about 4 or 5% of the GDP, we're talking about 13% of the GDP. Neither is acceptable but the latter is unsustainable.

Of course its unsustainable. But I don't think the US government is going to have to save the economy every year for the next 4 years. Some of the costs of this year were one off costs.
CBO: Obama's budget could push federal defecit to $1.8 trillion in 2009: Consumer Reporter from Consumer Reports
President Obama's budget initiatives, if enacted, would add an estimated $4.8 trillion to the nation's deficit between 2010-2019, the CBO report said.

sure...

Prove it sweetheart.

Prove that it wouldn't, honeybear.

We're not talking about 4 or 5% of the GDP, we're talking about 13% of the GDP. Neither is acceptable but the latter is unsustainable.

Of course its unsustainable. But I don't think the US government is going to have to save the economy every year for the next 4 years. Some of the costs of this year were one off costs.
CBO: Obama's budget could push federal defecit to $1.8 trillion in 2009: Consumer Reporter from Consumer Reports
President Obama's budget initiatives, if enacted, would add an estimated $4.8 trillion to the nation's deficit between 2010-2019, the CBO report said.

sure...

So that would be 4.8 trillion over the next 10 years...

Thats 480 billion a year, compared to 1.8 trillion this year. I'd say there is a very large difference between 480 billion and 1.8 trillion, wouldn't you?

sure...

Thats 480 billion a year, compared to 1.8 trillion this year. I'd say there is a very large difference between 480 billion and 1.8 trillion, wouldn't you?

Here this should help you visualize the difference between Obama and Bush deficits...how many years do you see 480 billion dollar deficits under CBO projections of Obama's tenure?

$wapoobamabudget1.jpg

How bout y'all start bitching when Obama actually proposes it as opposed to merely considering it.

Also its hilarious how taking away and limiting constitutional freedoms is A OK in the name of anti-terror fearmongering, but taxing (which is specifically allowed) is somehow fascist:lol:

I suppose he will pull 1.8 trillion dollars out of his ass. Maybe you can tell me how Obama plans to make up with this years deficit?

OOOooohhhh.... I've got it! He's going to pass it on to the NEXT Administration! Fuck that "I'm will balance the budget by the end of my first term." right? We all know it was just rhetoric anyway....

So how's that CHANGE workin' out for you?

Might address THIS too....

Rating Warning
THE ANNOUNCEMENT by Standard and Poor's that Britain could lose its triple-A credit rating because of excessive government debt also serves as a loud and clear warning to the U.S. government, which is piling on debt by the trillions. Certainly, accumulating debt has to be part of the immediate ec...
(The Washington Post)
washingtonpost.com

sing the stock market as an unofficial benchmark, a recession would have begun in March 2000 when the NASDAQ crashed following the collapse of the Dot-com bubble. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was relatively unscathed by the NASDAQ's crash until the September 11, 2001 attacks, after which the DJIA suffered its worst one-day point loss and biggest one-week losses in history up to that point. The market rebounded, only to crash once more in the final two quarters of 2002. In the final three quarters of 2003, the market finally rebounded permanently, agreeing with the unemployment statistics that a recession defined in this way would have lasted from 2001 through 2003.

And how was the economy from 2003-2008?

sure...

Here this should help you visualize the difference between Obama and Bush deficits...how many years do you see 480 billion dollar deficits under CBO projections of Obama's tenure?

View attachment 7430

Notice how they go appreciably down after the first year. Funny...maybe what I said about the 1.8 trillion being a one off thing was actually true?

OOOooohhhh.... I've got it! He's going to pass it on to the NEXT Administration! Fuck that "I'm will balance the budget by the end of my first term." right? We all know it was just rhetoric anyway....

Balancing the budget during a recession would be idiotic. Especially one as bad as this one

Prove it sweetheart.

Prove that it wouldn't, honeybear.

You are the one that made the claim, the burden of proof rests upon you. Or you can continue to flit about the board making yourself look ignorant, your choice, sweetcheeks.

Balancing the budget during a recession would be idiotic. Especially one as bad as this one

I concur.

I'm also of the opinion that raising taxes on ANY AMERICAN TAXPAYER is not a good idea.

You could crank up a few tariffs on imports though.

And how was the economy from 2003-2008?
It's official: U.S. in a recession since December 2007 - Dec. 1, 2008
The National Bureau of Economic Research said Monday that the U.S. has been in a recession since December 2007, making official what most Americans have already believed about the state of the economy .

View attachment 7430

Notice how they go appreciably down after the first year. Funny...maybe what I said about the 1.8 trillion being a one off thing was actually true?

This actually what you said....

That statement would be completely false according to CBO projections.

Forum List

Back