One of my hobbies

UsaPride

Mar 13, 2004
NC
Thought I'd share one of my hobbies with yall.
Now, this is my first real fixer upper. I took my aunts pic, from 1955, and it was crumpled, torn and missing body parts, LOL! I fixed it up for her Birthday present. :D
Before:
th_AuntGail-untouched.bmp

After:
th_auntgaillastoneihope-blackandwhite.bmp

If this works, LOL!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
no1tovote4 said:
Wow, great recovery!
Thanks, Sugar Plum! I was really worried I couldn't do it, that picture was gone!! I had to make a new foot, shoulder and well, the whole right side of the pic, LOL!! I also had to take her signature off of her head, LOL!!!
It was fun though, and what a feeling of accomplishment when I finished!!

NATO AIR said:
great recovery you pulled off there and that's a wonderful present to give
Thanks sweets! She did love it. I made 1 8x10 and framed it, then I made a birthday card with the "after" pic on the front. She cried, I love that, LOL!!

That is great work......Do you use a program? Do you mind sharing how you do it? I have many old pics I would love to restore.

pretender said:
That is great work......Do you use a program? Do you mind sharing how you do it? I have many old pics I would love to restore.
Thank you!
I used Adobe Photodeluxe (that is now gone :( ) and also Livepix. Both programs are very old and I'm hoping to get new ones soon.
I pretty much winged it because it was my first one, but I'll try to answer any questions you have! And don't forget, -=d=-'s an expert :D

Looked at this thread and thought for a second that it said
"one of my boobies".
It's just one of those days ok.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Looked at this thread and thought for a second that it said "one of my boobies".
:rotflmao:
Is that why you looked, Joker?? LOL!! :D

One of my hobbies is making chainmail armor. I dont do Ren fairs or anything like that; I just like making armor. I call it "knitting for men". Good therapy for us old baby killers.

CSM said:
By the way...great job on the photo restoration.
Thanks sweets!!
Hey, think you could make me up some of that armor? My kids are going to have a Mid Evil birthday party, I'm making all the kids costumes :D

UsaPride said:
Thanks sweets!!
Hey, think you could make me up some of that armor? My kids are going to have a Mid Evil birthday party, I'm making all the kids costumes :D
Takes a long time to make armor, even for a kid.

Forum List

Back