One stimulus check enough?

$1200 is enough to pay to have the Bangladesh made flag raised daily and take out the trash every week....for a month.
You'll need to forego the six-pack.

$1200 is enough to pay to have the Bangladesh made flag raised daily and take out the trash every week....for a month.
Yeah $1200 for Americans living in cities like NYC or SF, means almost nothing. It’s really insulting, particularly so when Uncle and the Fed are giving trillions to TBTF banks and Wall Street.

What will it take for Americans to get pissed off enough to take action?

one check too many. People should prepared they will never learn to prepare if they feel the government is there to bail them out because of their own carelessness.

People should prepared they will never learn to prepare if they feel the government is there to bail them out because of their own carelessness.

The government shutting down a huge part of the economy isn't "people being careless".

Yeah $1200 for Americans living in cities like NYC or SF, means almost nothing. It’s really insulting, particularly so when Uncle and the Fed are giving trillions to TBTF banks and Wall Street.

What will it take for Americans to get pissed off enough to take action?

Uncle and the Fed are giving trillions to TBTF banks and Wall Street.

Giving? How so?

From what I see businesses need more $$$ and people need more $$$. It's time for another round of stimulus checks perhaps. As things open up stores and such aren't going to simply fill with people as a decent percentage will continue to stay home. People need help. Does anyone know if another round of checks is on the horizon?

I suspect there will be 1 or 2 checks before Labor Day. Trump continues to want a payroll tax cut but for taxpayers, it will amount to very little. Big business would be the big beneficiary of that.

From what I see businesses need more $$$ and people need more $$$. It's time for another round of stimulus checks perhaps. As things open up stores and such aren't going to simply fill with people as a decent percentage will continue to stay home. People need help. Does anyone know if another round of checks is on the horizon?

Well, beings as we are probably going to see Depression era levels of unemployment this summer, I would think not only will you see another round of checks, you may see something of the likes of a Universal Income. Something that I thought I would not see in my lifetime. There are whole industries (like the cruise ship industry) that may not be the same or may never come back.

White House economist: Unemployment could hit 20% by June
20% unemployment by June? That has to be the dumbest "economist" ever.

8.4% unemployment as America rebounds

EhEwrMcXYAcpCf1

23 years after penning "The Art of the Comeback," Donald John Trump as president is writing the sequel right before our very eyes in real time as he snaps our nation out of its worst economic crisis since Hoover was president.

The experts predicted 20% unemployment by summer.

Instead, President Trump led the nation back to work.

And the unemployment rate came tumbling down.

That was an improvement of 6.3% in just four months.

8.4%.

In 4 months, President Trump shaved 6.3% off the unemployment rate.

In 3 YEARS, Obama shaved only 2.1% off the unemployment rate.

That is the difference between electing a businessman and electing a community organizer.

CNS reported today, "Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates declined in August for adult men (8.0%), adult women (8.4%), teenagers (16.1%), Whites (7.3%), Blacks (13.0%), and Hispanics (10.5%). The jobless rate for Asians (10.7%) changed little over the month."

In August 2012, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported, "Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (7.6%), adult women (7.3%), teenagers (24.6 percent), whites (7.2%), blacks (14.1%), and Hispanics (10.2%) showed little or no change in August. The jobless rate for Asians was 5.9% (not seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year earlier."

Under Obama, black unemployment was 14.1%.

Under President Trump, black unemployment was 13%.

The 8.4% unemployment rate was far lower than what the experts predicted a few days ago.

CNBC reported, "Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting growth of 1.32 million and the jobless rate to decline to 9.8% from 10.2% in July."

But we had seen a million jobs added in a month only once (September 1983) until this May. August was the fourth consecutive gain of a million or more jobs in a month. All exceeded the 1983 number.

Never Bet Against Donald John Trump.

Forum List

Back