One Thing We've Learned From Flight 370

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
One thing we've learned from all this....The oceans really are our human trash can.

Now the plane debris is being called possible lost shipping containers, which are quite large and originate mostly from India and China.

North_Pacific_Gyre_World_Map.png

Great Pacific Garbage Patch - National Geographic Education

Great Pacific Garbage Patch

'almost impossible' to clean it up--nets that would catch the plastic particles would also catch small sea creatures. that doesn't sound good.

Such a remote area--I have never given it any thought--South Indian Ocean and then on to Antarctica. I assume not much traffic through there.

Where are the vast islands of floating plastic bags that are killing all the sea life? That's been a liberal myth for years.

It's still missing...
Yet we have cable show after cable show spending most of their show telling us that they have learned
nothing at all new but they will spend most of their show telling us just that.

Nothing new to report.
Stay with us after the break and we will tell you there is nothing new to report....

Enough.

From what I read in the article and then again from a google article--I am convinced that such a garbage pile exists. Nothing very political about it. It is there--international efforts to clean it up have been made---what do I know--haven't been there myself what would be the purpose to deceive??

It's still missing...
Yet we have cable show after cable show spending most of their show telling us that they have learned
nothing at all new but they will spend most of their show telling us just that.

Nothing new to report.
Stay with us after the break and we will tell you there is nothing new to report....

Enough.

on the other hand--it is like a Rubik's cube--still things that I want to know. I wish I knew someone involved in aviation--just seeing pictures of the search planes and all the equipment that is available is interesting.

I would still like to know how many submarines the US loses--even 1 is too many, I assume if we have highly advanced technology to search for them.

The idea that as far as technology has advanced --when it comes to 'nature'--ie oceans--we have so much further to go. How progress is made in the US in this area with heavy cuts to defense spending---an intriguing question, also.

Forum List

Back