Only a few (the elites) are treating Neely like a saint (not so those who ride the NYC subway)

This is what the voters of New York asked for with who they elected so as sad is this is I say if you see someone being threatened or attacked just keep on going not your problem. You know it’s a sorry state of affairs when the person trying to help will most likely get in more trouble than the one committing the crime but it is what it is.

A sealed subway car isn't a jurisdiction, it's a trap that that idiot placed on the passengers in said car.

He tried to restrain the nutjob until the cops could access the car. That's it.
Too many replies. Have to move on to more sane replies.

This is what the voters of New York asked for with who they elected so as sad is this is I say if you see someone being threatened or attacked just keep on going not your problem. You know it’s a sorry state of affairs when the person trying to help will most likely get in more trouble than the one committing the crime but it is what it is.
well, one good that hascome out of this for Penny:

he's getting a very good education RE the legal system in our country. He's young, doesn't know a fraction of what older people do (which you could say about anyone under 40).
So yeh.. maybe he will become a lawyer or something? Good comes from evil...

:)

He wasn't asked. He should have just sat his butt down. I've seen worse on the NYC subway.

Kid's gonna spend some time in prison. Like it or not.
And those who were on that train thanked him and called him a hero. And are coming out publicly.

They will have every person in that car testify, and most will say they were scared shitless.
Actually, a lot of them may have to answer as to why they didn't step in.

Again, Neely never made a direct threat to anyone. He yelled. But he was known to do that.

And those who were on that train thanked him and called him a hero. And are coming out publicly.
Please link where. There are people (conservatives mostly) who are calling him a hero.
But I haven't seen anyone (especially the two guys who were helping hold Penny down) who was on that train speak out.

Again, Neely never made a direct threat to anyone. He yelled. But he was known to do that.

They don't have to and two guys did help restrain Neely.

He threatened violence in an enclosed inescapable space. he was confronting people in general.

These people had no prior knowledge of his behavior. If they did they would be even more right to restrain him.

There is no obligation to step in. No one will be charged for not going to Neely's defense.

Where is the tox report?

Please link where. There are people (conservatives mostly) who are calling him a hero.
But I haven't seen anyone (especially the two guys who were helping hold Penny down) who was on that train speak out.

And yet you base your entire point on the spin released in the first few days after he went nanners on the train, the leftist spin.

The reason you aren't seeing anything else is the prosecutors and the powers that be know it makes Neely look worse.

They don't have to and two guys did help restrain Neely.

He threatened violence in an enclosed inescapable space. he was confronting people in general.

These people had no prior knowledge of his behavior. If they did they would be even more right to restrain him.
All the reports I read have stated he never directly threatened anyone. The closest he came was saying, "I'm ready to die".

There is no obligation to step in. No one will be charged for not going to Neely's defense.

Where is the tox report?
As with George Floyd, a tox report is irrelevant. The man did suffer from mental illness and we can debate the merits of the system until the cows came home.
But he never took a swing at anyone, nor did he threaten anyone with a weapon. And when a prosecutor gets these witnesses on the train on the stand, they're gonna have to back the kid and his two helpers up. If not, he's going to prison.

All the reports I read have stated he never directly threatened anyone. The closest he came was saying, "I'm ready to die".

And other things, while aggressively moving around the sealed subway car.

This isn't some park or street where people could have run away.

A sealed subway car isn't a jurisdiction, it's a trap that that idiot placed on the passengers in said car.

He tried to restrain the nutjob until the cops could access the car. That's it.
Just like the way Chauvin restrained his victim?
Can a person who doesn't know the difference between jurisdiction and justification ever come to understand anything?

Just like the way Chauvin restrained his victim?
Can a person who doesn't know the difference between jurisdiction and justification ever come to understand anything?

Police officers are held to a different standard, so the two incidents aren't comparable.

Also one was out in the open, not a sealed metal box.

If nothing else is accomplished, I'm happy to have been able to make this one into today's top issue.

I'm hearing some opposition to the extremists and that's encouraging.

Many Americans are aware of the danger of accepting the standard being proposed that's due to the Rittenhouse, Chauvin, and this event by a ex-military killer.

America is simply on a slippery slope headed to fascist style justice, that is borne out of domestic politics.

Some good and intelligent Americans are still trying to apply the brakes!

A straphanger who was on the subway when former Marine Daniel Penny placed Jordan Neely in a fatal chokehold said Thursday she’s “praying” for Penny after it was revealed the 24-year-old would face charges tied to the high-profile case.

“I hope he has a great lawyer, and I’m praying for him,” the 66-year-old woman, who did not want to be identified, told The Post Thursday night. “And I pray that he gets treated fairly, I really do. Because after all of this ensued, I went back and made sure that I said ‘Thank you’ to him.”

A woman witnessed Marine veteran Daniel Penny putting Jordan Neely in a fatal chokehold has called him a 'hero' who was protecting other passengers who were 'scared for their lives' when Neely, a mentally ill homeless man, started screaming and threatening them on May 1.

Penny, 24, is facing 15 years in prison on a second degree manslaughter charge for putting Neely in the chokehold.

Despite a wave of public support and testimony from others on the train who say he acted out of bravery, Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg's office is pushing ahead with the prosecution.

Forum List

Back