Only after Rep. Katie Porter put bacon in her grocery cart did she notice its price had spiked to $9.99/lb. Reluctantly, she put it back

Lol! Partisans are all alike, the whine and cry and blame the other side, so nothing gets fixed.
In America, inflation happens. So does price gouging. Your job is to make enough money you can deal with it. It’s called free market capitalism.

You know what? I can’t wait to hand this economy off to republicans. In my lifetime, democrats have always handed republicans a good economy except for carter. And all Reagan did was spend his way out of that recession. Grew government.

I want to see what republicans will do for workers, the stock market, abortion, social security, healthcare costs. Can’t wait.

Tax cuts for the billionaires of course.
That will get them to invest more. To hire more people. To open up more factories. Give the rich tax breaks and it will trickle down to the rest of us.

OR, I have a better idea. Raise taxes on the rich and corporations but cut taxes on the the middle class only. What will the middle class do with that extra money? We will invest which will make the rich and corporations more profitable. That in turn will get them to hire more people. Putting money in the middle classes pockets benefits everyone.

Tax breaks didn't get Pelaton to hire more employees. They hired more employees because demand was up during the pandemic. That made their stock skyrocket. After the pandemic, their sales and stock value plunged. Back to reality. Now they fired 25% of their staff. If consumers start buying Pelatons again, they'll hire those 25% back. The government doesn't need to subsodize corporations. They should pay their taxes and their employees.

Just Yesterday I bought a pound of Bacon for about $9.50 but 2 months ago it was about $5.95 for that same brand and same weight.

You should better next time when you make unsupported whoppers.
I went to a Deli and asked how much would 2 cabbage roles cost. She said $20. I said never mind.

Yeah, we’ve got some beautiful parks here - although the gas cost ro get there makes it hard to justify a visit.

Either way, beautiful parks don’t help pay the grocery bill or put gas in the tank, and right now lots of people are focused on more critical issues - like finding baby formula.

The country has collapsed so quickly under Biden that it’s impossible to believe it’s simply a result of poor policies. This is intentional.
Have you heard the song from Eurovision about going green called Eat Your Salad?

Instead of meat, I eat veggies and pussy
I like them both fresh, like them both juicy
I ride my bicycle to work instead of a car
All of my groceries are divided by weight
And stored in glass jars

Got my reusable bag
That's swag, my flex, my flag
Zero waste, that is my jam
Save fuel and sell your truck
The karma comes for free and so does luck

All aboard the green Titanic
Let's sail the world and then cruise the Atlantic
No ice in the way, no need to panic
All the signs are there, let's go organic

Oh, when you eat your veggies, baby, think of me
Know that being green is hot
Being green is cool
Eat your salad, save the planet
Being green is sexy as fuck
Being green is hot
Being green is cool
Eat your salad, save the planet
Being green is sexy as you

Get your trash can, no backup plan, and sort through it
Bend over, then jiggle that peach
You're recycling while I'm loving those cheeks

In America, inflation happens. So does price gouging. Your job is to make enough money you can deal with it. It’s called free market capitalism.

You know what? I can’t wait to hand this economy off to republicans. In my lifetime, democrats have always handed republicans a good economy except for carter. And all Reagan did was spend his way out of that recession. Grew government.

I want to see what republicans will do for workers, the stock market, abortion, social security, healthcare costs. Can’t wait.
So where are the manys links you claim to have. The rest of the post is irrelevant to our conversatio.

Actually I'm a former college wrestler and metro Detroit Powerlifting Champion so it's certainly not the bike I should be riding. But it's a lot of fun. Like a moped only Green.

You got into a sport where you held other males tight.
Not shocked.
The steroids may have destroyed too many brain cells though.

jskv0.gif
I told you guys all the problems that are killing your savings accounts aren't all that bad for me

One thing that’s easy to miss with the current anxiety surrounding rising prices is that it’s not impacting everything the same, so it won’t affect every household to the same degree. Personal finance is different for everyone and inflation rates are just as different depending on if you bought a used car, how much you drive and if you have a family or are single

Remember in the 2000's when we said Bushanomics were killing the middle class and you guys said Americans waste too much money? Don't you think that's still true today? So if the rising costs are killing you, and clearly they are, perhaps you're wasting money in places you shouldn't. Or are you all going to now tell us you are the exception to the rule? You don't waste any money and you are still going broke because of inflation? Sounds like you need a better job.

To get a better idea of how inflation is impacting you, compare your spending during the first four months of 2021 to the first four months of 2022. A lot of people may be surprised to see they may not have personally had as much inflation as they believed. For others, the full weight of inflation could be a significant financial hurdle to overcome.

Regardless of what your personal situation is, it’s always a good time to reassess your financial decisions to ensure they align with your goals.

A great example would be how far do you drive to work? All the people I talk to complaining about gas prices are people who drive 45 minutes each way. If you are smart like me, you live 7 minutes from your work. Maybe you even have an Ebike like me. I could ride my ebike to work if I wanted to. I would, but hell I'm only 7 minutes away by car. LOL.

So inflation isn't hurting me like you. Do you have kids? I don't. So inflation might be pounding you in the ass right now along with student loans and healthcare costs because your kids don't qualify for Obamacare.

OMG how do you guys feed your families? I just have to buy food for me and damn it's expensive. Oh well. I guess my dog won't get as much burger and chicken as he's used to getting. He'll have to eat more dog food. Which went up in price too. But that's just $10. The bag lasts me 6 months. You spend more than $10 on just one child taking it out to eat just once. I didn't have kids. Could never afford them until about 7 years ago and by then I didn't want them. Did I tell you and Laquisha to have kids you can't afford? You should have seen it coming. Planned better. Lift yourselves up by your bootstraps. All the things you tell poor people to do. You do that. LOL

I actually decided not to get bacon a few days ago when I saw the price. Probably the first time in decades that price affected a food shopping choice. Seems like things have been pretty quiet but it is hitting everybody now and I expect more noise from all quarters about how expensive things are and how investing and retirement accounts have shat the bed. Plus, the combination of inflation and higher interest rates is going to produce a spike in personal credit defaults. Oh yeah, first time home buyers are realizing that they can't get as much house as they could a few months ago.

Forum List

Back