Only after Rep. Katie Porter put bacon in her grocery cart did she notice its price had spiked to $9.99/lb. Reluctantly, she put it back

You you are going off hearsay and not actual facts. Can't prove shit so you want a person that asks for proof to believe you and find proof for you? You are getting dumber everyday.

If you can't find a better job now, you're a loser. Let's be honest. Or you have no skills.

An economist will tell you it's a hot labor market: A record number of people quit their jobs in September, and the U.S. is seeing record job openings as the economy chugs back to life from the coronavirus pandemic. The pandemic drove millions of workers into early retirement — and experts say they could be key to reviving the economy.

The number of people who retired rose much faster than the typical pace during the pandemic. More than 3 million additional people retired compared with normal, a Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis analysis found.

Companies are begging these people to come back to work. Offering them more money. Allowing them to work from home or part time. I'll say it again. If you can't find a great paying job in this economy, you suck. Don't complain about inflation.

Inflation sucks especially people who are stuck in low paying blue collar jobs but even those companies are saying they can't find help. But they refuse to pay more.

Maybe you guys need to tell me what companies you work for. Maybe you don't work for a good company and it's time to find a new job. Or go back to school. You sound like you don't have a lot of marketable skills.

Yes inflation sucks. But I find it funny that suddenly it's you CONS who are worrying about the little guys. But we all know it's only because now you can blame Biden. If Trump were president, I'd be the one crying about inflation and you guys would be telling me about all these job openings. This aint my first rodeo.

If you can't find a better job now, you're a loser. Let's be honest. Or you have no skills.

An economist will tell you it's a hot labor market: A record number of people quit their jobs in September, and the U.S. is seeing record job openings as the economy chugs back to life from the coronavirus pandemic. The pandemic drove millions of workers into early retirement — and experts say they could be key to reviving the economy.

The number of people who retired rose much faster than the typical pace during the pandemic. More than 3 million additional people retired compared with normal, a Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis analysis found.

Companies are begging these people to come back to work. Offering them more money. Allowing them to work from home or part time. I'll say it again. If you can't find a great paying job in this economy, you suck. Don't complain about inflation.

Inflation sucks especially people who are stuck in low paying blue collar jobs but even those companies are saying they can't find help. But they refuse to pay more.

Maybe you guys need to tell me what companies you work for. Maybe you don't work for a good company and it's time to find a new job. Or go back to school. You sound like you don't have a lot of marketable skills.

Yes inflation sucks. But I find it funny that suddenly it's you CONS who are worrying about the little guys. But we all know it's only because now you can blame Biden. If Trump were president, I'd be the one crying about inflation and you guys would be telling me about all these job openings. This aint my first rodeo.
Your stupid rant is total BS and dealt with nothing I talked about in my post, nor do I even care. You did not address anything I asked you to prove. Again, you go off on an unrelated rant.

Now, either prove that the cost of bacon went up $1 because of them being greedy. Then prove all the other silly claims about companies raising costs for no reason.

Your stupid rant is total BS and dealt with nothing I talked about in my post, nor do I even care. You did not address anything I asked you to prove. Again, you go off on an unrelated rant.

Now, either prove that the cost of bacon went up $1 because of them being greedy. Then prove all the other silly claims about companies raising costs for no reason.

A report came out by Consumer Watchdog that shows oil companies are price gouging Californians.

The report claims several companies report profits in California that are more than double the profits the same company is making in other parts of the country.

The President of Consumer Watchdog is pushing a bill that would require companies to disclose their profits to the public, so that Sacramento can do something about the price gouging.

The top five oil companies that account for 96% of production in California voluntarily disclose their monthly profits in other regions, but not California.

“There's a reason for that. The oil refiners don't want us to know how much they're making because if we knew, we would take it back as an excess profits tax.
The profits from the first quarter of 2022 are as much as five times more than in the first quarter of 2021.

And the large meat processing companies are gouging consumers. Four large firms control up to 85% of meat supply. Last quarter, their gross profits collectively went up by more than 120% compared to 2019, and net income by 500%.

A report came out by Consumer Watchdog that shows oil companies are price gouging Californians.

The report claims several companies report profits in California that are more than double the profits the same company is making in other parts of the country.

The President of Consumer Watchdog is pushing a bill that would require companies to disclose their profits to the public, so that Sacramento can do something about the price gouging.

The top five oil companies that account for 96% of production in California voluntarily disclose their monthly profits in other regions, but not California.

“There's a reason for that. The oil refiners don't want us to know how much they're making because if we knew, we would take it back as an excess profits tax.
The profits from the first quarter of 2022 are as much as five times more than in the first quarter of 2021.

And the large meat processing companies are gouging consumers. Four large firms control up to 85% of meat supply. Last quarter, their gross profits collectively went up by more than 120% compared to 2019, and net income by 500%.
So give a link showing the info you are guarding so much.

BTW, who cares about California, I don't care if they overpay, just living in California you overpay the government.

I'm not sharing my sources. Ever hear of google?
You made the claim, I called bullshit and you failed to back up your bullshit claim. I'm right and you are wrong and I am good with that and you seem to be good with it as well, thanks.

You made the claim, I called bullshit and you failed to back up your bullshit claim. I'm right and you are wrong and I am good with that and you seem to be good with it as well, thanks.
I've showed you enough and still you argue. So I'm not going to show you more. You're being naive and obtuse.

Yep, $9.98 for a pound of thick-sliced Smithfield last week. Toss in the food tax that the dems here in Virginia won't give us any relief from and it's $10.50.

In before the photo-shopped cheaper prices.

Wild hogs and feral pigs are abundant legal quadrupeds in a lot of places and can be harvested under rather lax regulations.
Just be careful not to shoot one that has been living in a pine thicket, or your bacon might have a strong hint of turpentine to it ... :auiqs.jpg:

I've showed you enough and still you argue. So I'm not going to show you more. You're being naive and obtuse.
You showed nothing dumb ass, you even said in your last post that you wanted me to go look it up. You need to stop the drugs. I get it, you have nothing and are pissed that you got called out on your lie, its all good, I won't think any less of you, I can't possibly do that.

You showed nothing dumb ass, you even said in your last post that you wanted me to go look it up. You need to stop the drugs. I get it, you have nothing and are pissed that you got called out on your lie, its all good, I won't think any less of you, I can't possibly do that.
All you have to do is the math bro.

First, can you tell me what inflation has done to the cost of something? Give me any example you dumb shit. Chicken?

How much has the price of chicken gone up?

Wholesale chicken breast prices are at $2.70 a pound, their highest level since at least 2000, when Gro's records began. In 2021, broiler chicken prices rose 38% over the previous year, and producers' margins soared.

You know what's funny? You don't believe the government when it comes to covid or global warming but you believe that inflation is the only reason for the high prices. What a dummy. Even this fox article admits

There are a lot of reasons for the expected price increase for beef and chicken this year, and they range from the war in Ukraine to weather conditions.

But poultry companies profits are through the roof. They are using the pandemic to gouge us dummy. Google their profits. I'm done educating you.

All you have to do is the math bro.

First, can you tell me what inflation has done to the cost of something? Give me any example you dumb shit. Chicken?

How much has the price of chicken gone up?

Wholesale chicken breast prices are at $2.70 a pound, their highest level since at least 2000, when Gro's records began. In 2021, broiler chicken prices rose 38% over the previous year, and producers' margins soared.

You know what's funny? You don't believe the government when it comes to covid or global warming but you believe that inflation is the only reason for the high prices. What a dummy. Even this fox article admits

There are a lot of reasons for the expected price increase for beef and chicken this year, and they range from the war in Ukraine to weather conditions.

But poultry companies profits are through the roof. They are using the pandemic to gouge us dummy. Google their profits. I'm done educating you.
The cost to raise chickens has gone up, the wages at the farm are up, the cost for feed is up, the cost of utilities is up. Processing is up, so without knowing the particulars it seems you are ill equipped to make a logical assumption.

I am still waiting. You said bacon went up fifty cents but they are actually charging us a dollar, yet no proof, no links, nothing.

Again, it is all good that you lied, I am not worried about your lies, I don't believe them any way.

The cost to raise chickens has gone up, the wages at the farm are up, the cost for feed is up, the cost of utilities is up. Processing is up, so without knowing the particulars it seems you are ill equipped to make a logical assumption.

I am still waiting. You said bacon went up fifty cents but they are actually charging us a dollar, yet no proof, no links, nothing.

Again, it is all good that you lied, I am not worried about your lies, I don't believe them any way.
I’ve seen reports that inflation accounts for fifty percent of the markup. The other 50%, the companies have raised prices more than just to account for the costs.

For example meat oil and supermarkets. Profits are up during the pandemic 1000%.

You pretend it’s not happening. All’s I’m saying this is free market unregulated capitalism. Enjoy.

Yep, $9.98 for a pound of thick-sliced Smithfield last week. Toss in the food tax that the dems here in Virginia won't give us any relief from and it's $10.50.

In before the photo-shopped cheaper prices.
I have a solution.

Don't buy it.

There, fixed it for ya.

Crocodile tears from the same Democrats who voted for inflation.

And if these Democrats had the votes, they would have spent trillions more.

Maybe if Trump & his goon squad didn't unilaterally do away with thousands of regulations without that asswipe researching how it would affect consumers we wouldn't be getting gouged by corporate America to the extent that we are.

Trump screwed us royally.

I’ve seen reports that inflation accounts for fifty percent of the markup. The other 50%, the companies have raised prices more than just to account for the costs.

For example meat oil and supermarkets. Profits are up during the pandemic 1000%.

You pretend it’s not happening. All’s I’m saying this is free market unregulated capitalism. Enjoy.
Good, show me reports.

Maybe if Trump & his goon squad didn't unilaterally do away with thousands of regulations without that asswipe researching how it would affect consumers we wouldn't be getting gouged by corporate America to the extent that we are.

Trump screwed us royally.
Lol! Partisans are all alike, the whine and cry and blame the other side, so nothing gets fixed.

Forum List

Back