Zone1 Is Jesus God?

Mark 14:

60 Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
63 The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64 “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?”

Daniel 7:

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

This is Daniel's vision of when Christ returned to heaven, triumphant, and received back the glory that was His from before the world began. Yes, I know you'll insist that the word should be translated as "served", but I'll give you this homework assignment. In what context is that Hebrew word used, to serve man or to serve God? Where in the Bible is ANYONE declared worthy and worshipped in heaven other than God? You have not dealt with that.

The bottom line remains, you can only insist that Jesus did not claim to be God by also insisting you know Jewish Scriptures better than 1st century Jews did. They CERTAINLY knew exactly what He was claiming.
Jesus didn't claim to be God, he claimed he would be sitting at Gods right hand and coming in the clouds= not a single mention of him claiming to be God there in that passage.
One like a son of man= a created being.

Jesus didn't claim to be God, he claimed he would be sitting at Gods right hand and coming in the clouds= not a single mention of him claiming to be God there in that passage.
One like a son of man= a created being.
That God allows to be worshipped in His presence? No, that's not happening. You don't know much about God if you think He will allow that.

Forum List

Back