Only have 2 bad choices for my lower back

Both choices are bad
I am so depressed and miserable

1) opioids

2) Lumbar Disk Replacement

Chronic pain is at least 50% a mind game, did you know that? No judgment. It's our brain taking well-worn pathways. So like, if you have had pain before, and you feel a twinge that anyone else would dismiss, your whole self seizes up. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually PHYSICALLY. Because that pain has cost you and you anticipate it, and it has well-worn pathways in your brain to make your whole system shut down.

It can be rerouted. Look this up.

Chronic pain is at least 50% a mind game, did you know that?

I told him this earlier ( post 12) but he seems related to Morticia -- says he listens and understands but then does nothing or something else .
I would put possible pain reduction through mind control at up to about 90% if you try hard .
Though some extreme conditions should be attempted and handled only with agreement / support from an extra smart Doctor .

Quasar44

Arlette hates God, and that's why she feels confident to speak for Him like this. Because she hates God, she hates people. Even people she doesn't know.

Pay no mind. Pray for her if you're inclined. Me, I've turned her over--coals heaped on her own head
It's working. I can feel it. Quasar44 is praying for me. 😂

Chronic pain is at least 50% a mind game, did you know that? No judgment. It's our brain taking well-worn pathways. So like, if you have had pain before, and you feel a twinge that anyone else would dismiss, your whole self seizes up. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually PHYSICALLY. Because that pain has cost you and you anticipate it, and it has well-worn pathways in your brain to make your whole system shut down.

You dumb Jesus cow. Think the pain away, eh? Who comes up with shit like that?
Why don't you think yourself a double digit IQ?

You dumb Jesus cow. Think the pain away, eh? Who comes up with shit like that?
Why don't you think yourself a double digit IQ?
Don't discount the power of your own mind

Don't discount the power of your own mind

Post something that shows how effective it is for chronic back pain.

It said it can work.
It was all right there IF you read it

CFT was effective for the primary outcome of activity limitation and all of the secondary outcome measures. The large effect sizes persisted to the end of the follow-up period (12 months), which is unusual in chronic low back pain. The use of wearable sensor biofeedback did not add to effectiveness. CFT was also much more cost-effective from a societal perspective than usual care.

CFT addresses pain-provocative movement patterns that contribute to low back pain, such as protective muscle guarding and movement avoidance. Wearable movement sensors enable clinicians to easily measure such movements and explore their relationship to pain, both in the clinical setting and during patients' normal activities at work and recreation. Via biofeedback, this technology can help patients to develop an awareness of how they move during normal activities, enhancing their ability to correct unhelpful movement habits. A pilot randomised controlled trial11 (n=112) of patients with chronic low back pain showed that individualised rehabilitation, which included the wearing of wireless movement sensors, resulted in large and sustained clinical improvements compared with guideline-recommended treatment (12-month SMDs 0·5–1·0). No trials have investigated whether wearable sensors can enhance the effects of CFT.

It was all right there IF you read it

CFT was effective for the primary outcome of activity limitation and all of the secondary outcome measures. The large effect sizes persisted to the end of the follow-up period (12 months), which is unusual in chronic low back pain. The use of wearable sensor biofeedback did not add to effectiveness. CFT was also much more cost-effective from a societal perspective than usual care.

CFT addresses pain-provocative movement patterns that contribute to low back pain, such as protective muscle guarding and movement avoidance. Wearable movement sensors enable clinicians to easily measure such movements and explore their relationship to pain, both in the clinical setting and during patients' normal activities at work and recreation. Via biofeedback, this technology can help patients to develop an awareness of how they move during normal activities, enhancing their ability to correct unhelpful movement habits. A pilot randomised controlled trial11 (n=112) of patients with chronic low back pain showed that individualised rehabilitation, which included the wearing of wireless movement sensors, resulted in large and sustained clinical improvements compared with guideline-recommended treatment (12-month SMDs 0·5–1·0). No trials have investigated whether wearable sensors can enhance the effects of CFT.
So if you avoid certain movements it reduces back pain. I don't have back pain but if I had, I guess laying on the couch would be best, avoiding most movements.

So if you avoid certain movements it reduces back pain. I don't have back pain but if I had, I guess laying on the couch would be best, avoiding most movements.
I'm not going to hold your hand as you read things.

If you want to be obtuse that's on you.

I told him this earlier ( post 12) but he seems related to Morticia -- says he listens and understands but then does nothing or something else .
I would put possible pain reduction through mind control at up to about 90% if you try hard .
Though some extreme conditions should be attempted and handled only with agreement / support from an extra smart Doctor .

I mean if you have a broken leg, you're probably not going to overcome that pain with mind control. Same with child birth. You will have pain in both instances. But these methods are said to be especially effective for chronic pain.

Forum List

Back