Only have 2 bad choices for my lower back

Both choices are bad
I am so depressed and miserable

1) opioids

2) Lumbar Disk Replacement
Disc replacement is way better than a simple fusion. You'd need very good insurance, though. Fusion is the cheaper of the two, but it usually leads to failure of a disc above or below the fusion site.

Disc replacement is way better than a simple fusion. You'd need very good insurance, though. Fusion is the cheaper of the two, but it usually leads to failure of a disc above or below the fusion site.

Many surgeons don’t do lumbar fusion as it’s only 20 years old.

What about disk migration???

Both choices are bad

1) opioids

Just get the replacement. I had a discectomy, so im not a stranger to back surgery. It isnt fun, but its only REALLY bad for a week or two. After a month you walk decently. After 6 months the biggest issue youll have is getting your back muscles back into shape. I found that walking up and down hills works well for regaining strength in the lumbar muscles. The sooner you start walking after surgery, the quicker the pain goes away.

Once you are able to walk well, start walking fast. Turn it into an exercise. Walk hard, overusing your muscles more than you normally would. That will quickly get you back into shape.

Just get the replacement. I had a discectomy, so im not a stranger to back surgery. It isnt fun, but its only REALLY bad for a week or two. After a month you walk decently. After 6 months the biggest issue youll have is getting your back muscles back into shape. I found that walking up and down hills works well for regaining strength in the lumbar muscles. The sooner you start walking after surgery, the quicker the pain goes away.

Once you are able to walk well, start walking fast. Turn it into an exercise. Walk hard, overusing your muscles more than you normally would. That will quickly get you back into shape.

It's his mental problems that are paramount .

His boring blather is probably psychosomatic and he actually has ingrowing toe nails .

Both choices are bad

1) opioids

I had back surgery for sever stenosis where my spinal chord was literally being crushed in 2 spots

Since then I have been 100% pain free

I will pray for you and a successful decision in regards to your back. I know it has been very difficult for you. Please pray for me.and the constant headache/potential brain aneurysm I suffer from. A little Faith and submission to a higher power can't hurt.

just have your back removed.....
Because of the amount and standard of sport I played across several disciplines , I have paid a back problems price ---which in terms of L1/2/3/4/5/ is chronic --- and I have had this condition all of my adult life .
But unlike this hopeless bleater and whiner I have taken steps to minimise the effects and pain .
You can divert and control even extreme pain by mind control and as they will not / cannot prescribe liquid morphine outside of hospitalisation I manage matters by not taking any pain killers - which I could actually swallow by the handful with zero pain reduction effect .

Forum List

Back