Only In America:

Ahahaha another liberal wealth envy thread. Hate, envy, jealousy, rage, these are the emotions of the left.

Lol,

You idiot! Your idiocy has destroyed the middle class and allowed for the richest to fuck over our nation with out sourcing.

People like you will turn us into a central American shit hole. You're a fool. I'd much rather have half of the country competing then 1%. Of course you can't see this.
LMAO

Read Carefully:

Of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

incomegapgraph.jpg
As I have shown, if you extend that chart out two more years, then the top one percent percent change in income since 1986 is 147%. Less than inflation.

The dollar inflated 196% in that time.

So the problem is not the rich. The problem is no one is keeping up with inflation, and that is because of the massive public and private debt.

In other words, too much spending. Spending more than we earn. Our economy is being strangled by debt.

And every "libertarian" idolizes the idle rich under the spurious assumption that someday they, too, will be the next John Galt. :rofl:

Loserterians are fools. They'll take away any and all protection for the workers, consumers and just don't give a damn about morality. In there mind the barons of the 19th century were right and everyone else that aint lucky can die.

Sicking belief system.

Translation, everyone should listen to ME (vent, rage) I'm right and everyone else is wrong (vent, spittle, mouth foam) you people are driving me crazy ( spittle, mouth foam, rage) pay attention to ME :bang3:

As I have shown, if you extend that chart out two more years, then the top one percent percent change in income since 1986 is 147%. Less than inflation.

So the problem is not the rich. The problem is no one is keeping up with inflation, and that is because of the massive public and private debt.

In other words, too much spending. Spending more than we earn.
I gave up on fact checking you years ago :)

And the right fights for the 1% to have more...They must want a royalty to form! We taxed our riches a lot more then the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s and had a far bigger middle class. We had the best!

We did things as a nation...

What the right wants is for a few people to have it all.
That's bull crap. The rich are in both parties.

And in England they have the same thing.
England has the City of London, which has experienced the same stock and derivatives explosion as Wall Street.
Yes but the op says only in America.

And every "libertarian" idolizes the idle rich under the spurious assumption that someday they, too, will be the next John Galt. :rofl:

Loserterians are fools. They'll take away any and all protection for the workers, consumers and just don't give a damn about morality. In there mind the barons of the 19th century were right and everyone else that aint lucky can die.

Sicking belief system.
Just don't give a damn about morality?
Believing that the market will sort it out means you have no morals?

Hey sparky.....one does not have to believe as you do to be moral....and one believing in the free market does not make one not moral..(is that amoral or immoral?)

Grow up and debate like an adult. You may find you will learn something.

In other words, too much spending. Spending more than we earn.
I gave up on fact checking you years ago :)
Well, just in case anyone does want to fact check me, I posted a link to an inflation calculator above.

The source of the graphic I used is here: Who are the 1 percent?

And the right fights for the 1% to have more...They must want a royalty to form! We taxed our riches a lot more then the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s and had a far bigger middle class. We had the best!

We did things as a nation...

What the right wants is for a few people to have it all.
That's bull crap. The rich are in both parties.

And in England they have the same thing.
England has the City of London, which has experienced the same stock and derivatives explosion as Wall Street.
Yes but the op says only in America.
Ah! I see your point.

If we look over the past 40 years, our country has had just about every Congress-White House political party combination, and yet the income of Americans has failed to keep up with inflation during that time.

So assigning "blame" to one party or another, or one President or another, is just plain stupid. The hack political organs would like you to bleev it is all somehow the fault of the most recent occupant of the White House or Capitol Hill. Only a goddam rube falls for that shit, as if all these problems just sprang up yesterday.

The only constant during all that time has been deficits, both personal and governmental.

Spending more than we make in our paychecks, outlaying more than our government takes in in revenues.

We have both of our own hands on our own throat, and then one group blames the left hand for choking us, and the other group blames the right hand for choking us.

All we have to do is stop buying what the assholes are selling. And there's a lot of them.

If you are taking out a HELOC because you just gotta have that Disney vacation, take a look in the mirror. It's your own damn fault our country is in this mess.

If you have asked to have your credit card limit raised, take a look in the mirror. It's your own damn fault our country is in this mess.

If you are taking advantage of all those deductions, credits, and exemptions and scream like a hippie whose hair is being pulled whenever someone says we need to eliminate all these tax expenditures, take a look in the mirror. It's your own damn fault our country is in this mess.

If your answer to every problem is, "What's the federal government going to do about this?", take a look in the mirror. It's your own damn fault our country is in this mess.

If you draw a trend line for the top 1 percent, we see during economic crashes their income returns to that line. This suggest the top 1 percent's income is in another ginormous bubble.

Horse shit!! In the 1940's, 1950's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a plumber or electrician earned. By the 1970's that had grown to 100 times as much. In 2012 a typical CEO made over 500 times what the average worker earned.

As far as the chart. Look closely at the top 1% line at the end of Clinton's two terms just before George W. Bush cut taxes for the wealthy not once but twice, 2001 and 2003. If he had been paying attention to the CIA and FBI 9/11 might have been avoided but Oh No......more money for his rich Buds was much more important.

I notice several of the Republican candidates are already harping on a flat tax.....Grover Norquist will come on himself if they can get that. They can fire all their tax accountants if they can get it set up that way. The rich people used to pay their way in America but they haven't in a long time....specifically, since Reagan's first years....or as I like to call it......the end of my 30 years as a Republican. I'm 80 years old and I used to hang yard sign in local elections and make phone calls for any Republican. I voted for Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon three times and even the spoiler one time. Following Reagan I didn't even show up at the polls for twenty years. Now....I've voted Democrat in a national election three times but of one thing I'm sure.....I'll not vote Republican again if I live to 100.

6a00d83451c45669e201675ecf1529970b-550wi

If you look at the graphic in my last post, the top one percent earned $232,581 in 1986.

If you plug that figure into an inflation calculator, that income is equal to $462,734 in 2009 dollars. And yet they only earned $343,927 in 2009, way below the inflation rate.
What is really a kick in the balls is that the dems here demand that the rich are are grossly over paid and own way to much compared to the average man yet applaud Obama because the stock market is doing so well.

Cogitative dissonance. The government with its policies supported by bot the left AND right is propping up rich in the name of 'saving' the economy and it is going to cause the little man far more pain in the end.

If you draw a trend line for the top 1 percent, we see during economic crashes their income returns to that line. This suggest the top 1 percent's income is in another ginormous bubble.

Horse shit!! In the 1940's, 1950's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a plumber or electrician earned. By the 1970's that had grown to 100 times as much. In 2012 a typical CEO made over 500 times what the average worker earned.

As far as the chart. Look closely at the top 1% line at the end of Clinton's two terms just before George W. Bush cut taxes for the wealthy not once but twice, 2001 and 2003. If he had been paying attention to the CIA and FBI 9/11 might have been avoided but Oh No......more money for his rich Buds was much more important.

I notice several of the Republican candidates are already harping on a flat tax.....Grover Norquist will come on himself if they can get that. They can fire all their tax accountants if they can get it set up that way. The rich people used to pay their way in America but they haven't in a long time....specifically, since Reagan's first years....or as I like to call it......the end of my 30 years as a Republican. I'm 80 years old and I used to hang yard sign in local elections and make phone calls for any Republican. I voted for Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon three times and even the spoiler one time. Following Reagan I didn't even show up at the polls for twenty years. Now....I've voted Democrat in a national election three times but of one thing I'm sure.....I'll not vote Republican again if I live to 100.

The left complains that Romney pays under 15% tax as most of the .1% does yet a flat tax would lower their rate?? Ya, sure. That figure, by the way, only assess a small portion of what someone in the .1% actually makes as the rest is stocked up in corporations that you will never see or be able to accurately assess.

The rich take advantage of tax shelters that the rest of America cannot ever dream to attain - the ONLY way to access that is a flat tax.

BWAHAHA!!! Dick Cheney!!! Halliburton!!! Iraq! Bush lied, people died! Florida hanging chads! Republicans rich!
Geezus Campbell you are the dimmest bulb on here. It is not shocking that in an economy that doesnt resemble the 1950s relationships in income wont resemble the 1950s either. Successful people are successful. Then there are people like you. In a global economy with many more opportunities to make money the most talented people will seize those opportunities and make more money. And note all these things happened with Republicans presidents, Democratic presidents, Republican Congresses and Democratic Congresses.

The left complains that Romney pays under 15% tax as most of the .1% does yet a flat tax would lower their rate?? Ya, sure. That figure, by the way, only assess a small portion of what someone in the .1% actually makes as the rest is stocked up in corporations that you will never see or be able to accurately assess.

The rich take advantage of tax shelters that the rest of America cannot ever dream to attain - the ONLY way to access that is a flat tax.

The flat tax is a Right Wing dream. The top earners would get an automatic 10%-15% cut in the actual amount they're paying. Tax cuts for the wealthy caused the massive growth at the top. All the tax cuts in the modern era have been engineered and implemented by guess who? That's right sport's fans....the Republican party......leader of the wealthy and corporations. That's pretty good duty but you'll never control the white house again. Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Gays, Lesbians, Transgenders, the poor, the young people, most women etc. will vote Democrat by a large majority so it won't happen. If it wasn't for gerrymandering they couldn't win congressional races either....that and making it hard or impossible for those at the bottom of the ladder to vote.

Last edited:

The flat tax is a Right Wing dream. The top earners would get an automatic 10%-15% cut in the actual amount they're paying. Tax cuts for the wealthy caused the massive growth at the top. All the tax cuts in the modern era have been engineered and implemented by guess who? That's right sport's fans....the Republican party......leader of the wealthy and corporations. That's pretty good duty but you'll never control the white house again. Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Gays, Lesbians, Transgenders, the poor, the young people, most women etc. will vote Democrat by a large majority so it won't happen. If it wasn't for gerrymandering they couldn't win congressional races either....that and making it hard or impossible for those at the bottom of the ladder to vote.
Blah blah blah. Republicans are doomed obviously as they cannot win elections at all. It is not as though they control the senate or the majority of governorship or the majority of state legislators.

Also, it is obvious that when people like Mitt Romney pay less than 15% taxes that a flat tax would lower his taxes by 15%.

I don't think you even read the bullshit that you spew.

BWAHAHA!!! Dick Cheney!!! Halliburton!!! Iraq! Bush lied, people died! Florida hanging chads! Republicans rich!
Geezus Campbell you are the dimmest bulb on here. It is not shocking that in an economy that doesnt resemble the 1950s relationships in income wont resemble the 1950s either. Successful people are successful. Then there are people like you. In a global economy with many more opportunities to make money the most talented people will seize those opportunities and make more money. And note all these things happened with Republicans presidents, Democratic presidents, Republican Congresses and Democratic Congresses.

Horse shit!! It's the massive tax cuts for the rich by Reagan and the Bushes which skewed the chart. I've been around a long time and during the Kennedy/Johnson years the rich paid at a 65%-70% rate. That's how the nation was able to send men to the moon and return them safely to the earth. The goddam Republicans won't even fix our roads and dams. Middle eastern wars is the only thing they get thrilled about.....I think they're living in some kind of Dirty Harry dream. They believe their gun is longer than the other guns...or as Sigmund Freud might put it.....preoccupied with penis size.

Forum List

Back