Open Discussion What would you do?

DELETED ACCOUNT

Aug 19, 2021
A runaway trolley is heading down the tracks toward five workers who will all be killed if the trolley proceeds on its present course. Michael is standing next to a large switch that can divert the trolley onto a different track. The only way to save the lives of the five workers is to divert the trolley onto another track that has a baby on it. If Michael diverts the trolley onto the other track, this baby will die, but the other five workers will be saved. What would you do in this situation & why??

personally, I would kill the five workers to save one child because that child has their whole life ahead of them the five workers are most likely already older and have experienced life harmonica Great question who is to say that each pregnant worker would or would not miscarry I would still personally save the child

A runaway trolley is heading down the tracks toward five workers who will all be killed if the trolley proceeds on its present course. Michael is standing next to a large switch that can divert the trolley onto a different track. The only way to save the lives of the five workers is to divert the trolley onto another track that has a baby on it. If Michael diverts the trolley onto the other track, this baby will die, but the other five workers will be saved. What would you do in this situation & why??
Sorry, I don't do math questions

Grab the baby off the track while yelling to the five workers to look out and move! No trolley is built on so steep a hill to gain so much speed that those on the trolley can't ride it out or jump off.

Pull the switch 1/2 way and watch the trolley come to a stop when it has to leave the tracks.

If it's not my baby, I save the 5.

I would not plagiarize lesson 1, day 1 of an Intro to Philosophy course.

Forum List

Back