Oppenheimer

The Oppenheimer story has always been a fascinating one, and one of which 30-40 years ago, I would have been in line the first day it opened. I'm so jaded today with anything coming out of Hollywood, I figured they would turn the man into a Hitler-like character, and his work seen as the single most evil event ever perpetrated on humanity, so I'm not going to even bother seeing it, or even bother reading about it.

The Oppenheimer story has always been a fascinating one, and one of which 30-40 years ago, I would have been in line the first day it opened. I'm so jaded today with anything coming out of Hollywood, I figured they would turn the man into a Hitler-like character, and his work seen as the single most evil event ever perpetrated on humanity, so I'm not going to even bother seeing it, or even bother reading about it.

They did just the opposite

They keep pushing people to see it in IMAX. Do you concur?

If you can, I would. We say it on a huge screen, but not a true IMAX and it was amazing, the bigger the screen the better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppenheimer_(film)

If you have not seen this movie, you need to.

This is the best movie I have seen in years. It has a run time of 3 hours but it felt like it was only an hour the movie was so good.

The casting was amazing, the acting even better and the storytelling was out of this world

There is a book called The Making of the Atom Bomb, it is a great book. It covers the progression of scientists in history, starting with chemists, and working its way up to the theoretical physicists that helped lead to the nuclear bomb. Of course it covers Oppenheimer quite a bit. He was kind of a weirdo who actually tried to poison a professor once. Most of those scientists were Jews that fled Germany and Europe, and many of them were Marxist and communists. But they wanted to beat the Nazis to getting the bomb.

I was wondering if the movie covers any other scientists or his past. If any one man should get credit for learning how to make a nuclear bomb, it is Leo Szilard.

Hollywood would never do that to a communist leaning Jew. There is nothing greater or more noble than being a Marxist leaning Jew.

There is a book called The Making of the Atom Bomb, it is a great book. It covers the progression of scientists in history, starting with chemists, and working its way up to the theoretical physicists that helped lead to the nuclear bomb. Of course it covers Oppenheimer quite a bit. He was kind of a weirdo who actually tried to poison a professor once. Most of those scientists were Jews that fled Germany and Europe, and many of them were Marxist and communists. But they wanted to beat the Nazis to getting the bomb.

I was wondering if the movie covers any other scientists or his past. If any one man should get credit for learning how to make a nuclear bomb, it is Leo Szilard.

They do some background on the other scientist, but Oppenheimer was the main story of course. They had the part in there where he tried to poison his tutor

Hollywood would never do that to a communist leaning Jew. There is nothing greater or more noble than being a Marxist leaning Jew.
Who is Non Practicing ( Ethnic only ) and Would side with Arabs/ Palestinians in a heartbeat over Israel ( The Tiny Jewish State )

Some movies were just made for the big screen, Oppenheimer is one of those
Yep , glad I saw Once upon a time in Hollywood on big screen , it was like a time machine for me . Movies like 2001 : A Space Oddessy , A Clockwork Orange , Silence of the Lambs ... are big screen friendly

Most of those scientists were Jews that fled Germany and Europe, and many of them were Marxist and communists. But they wanted to beat the Nazis to getting the bomb.
Many of the top American scientists that worked on developing the atomic bomb were leftist commie loving Jews that admired Stalin and gave Soviet agents the secrets to build their own bomb.

Forum List

Back