Oregon coast flooding, landslides..

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
FB_20151218_14_59_17_Saved_Picture.jpg

Ok that's a friend's driveway, six feet under water. They boated to the road th I s am and I guess they're boating back tonight...in the dark.

Last edited:
Sorry, I accidentally deleted pics, juggling two devices.

View attachment 57308

Ok that's a friend's driveway, six feet under water. They boated to the road th I s am and I guess they're boating back tonight...in the dark.

The power of water is mind boggling. I helped clean up after a flood in Johnstown, Pa in 77 or 78. Creek was normally 6 in deep. Went up over a 20ft embankment and moved my uncles house 3 ft. In the front yard was a pickup wrapped around a tree. The bumpers were about a foot from touching on the opposite side of the tree. Mind boggling.

Hope everyone''s OK.

View attachment 57308

The power of water is mind boggling. I helped clean up after a flood in Johnstown, Pa in 77 or 78. Creek was normally 6 in deep. Went up over a 20ft embankment and moved my uncles house 3 ft. In the front yard was a pickup wrapped around a tree. The bumpers were about a foot from touching on the opposite side of the tree. Mind boggling.

Hope everyone''s OK.
We have water all year and lots of bodies of water..locals know to be wary of water but the landslides are what strike terror into people.

View attachment 57308

Hope everyone''s OK.
We have water all year and lots of bodies of water..locals know to be wary of water but the landslides are what strike terror into people.
Oh my heavens, I can understand that. The sad incident of a year or two ago (my apologies the name escapes me) was difficult to comprehend. I hope some of the promised study and vigilance is taking place.

Oh and forgive my crude language and you don't need to be told this but screw the house, stay safe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back