Oregon decriminalizes hard drugs, legalizes magic mushrooms

But you can't get decent pain meds after an operation, nnnooooo, you dear citizen might abuse them, yeah that's it.

Who can't? Doctors are reluctant to give out a large number to get you addicted but you can still get everything you have always been able to get.
Oh please they hand you the crap first and then treat you like a criminal. Same as MN.. BUT FEEL FREE to coke up. Surely you see the insanity.

I don't participate in any drugs but attack the person as opposed to the argument.

After noting that, yes, I agree and why I support what is going on here. The medical community did addict thousands and then the authoritarians arrested them.
Bs ...your opioid crisis was conjured up, most of your addicts were street addicts. Been proven. People are committing suicide so others can feel righteous in solving a nonexistent problem. Wonder how much money the budding pot industry shoveled I to Congress to achieve this.

Addiction to prescription opioids has reached a crisis level in the United States.

Opioid crisis: Only a US phenomenon? Prescription opioid use rises in the Nordic countries
It was a few large scale ops putting millions of pills on the street. Laugh all ya want at people's pain....truth in this case really hurts.

Whose pain did I laugh at? No one's.
Those who are told to go home and suffer to "protect" them from addiction

I have no idea what you are talking about. I had shingles and a hernia operation and I got a prescription for the stuff. I didn't fill either but I got prescriptions for strong pain killers.
I got tylenol and something they claim boosted it which was a lie according to FDA website. When you call and tell em you're about to rip your cast off they hang up

Sounds like an issue with your doctor. You picked them.

Or I don't know.........maybe they felt you didn't need an 8th refill.
No that's the Corp. Response. They are protecting you citizen from yourself. I stayed the night in the hospital. They tried three different painkillers thru the night. Percocet, tylenol and something else, a liquid. They knew what worked and what didn't and chose what didn't to send me home with

That's your doctors call. I had no problem getting a prescription.
DRS Have nothing to say. They can't deviate from Corp policy

But you can't get decent pain meds after an operation, nnnooooo, you dear citizen might abuse them, yeah that's it.

Who can't? Doctors are reluctant to give out a large number to get you addicted but you can still get everything you have always been able to get.
Oh please they hand you the crap first and then treat you like a criminal. Same as MN.. BUT FEEL FREE to coke up. Surely you see the insanity.

I don't participate in any drugs but attack the person as opposed to the argument.

After noting that, yes, I agree and why I support what is going on here. The medical community did addict thousands and then the authoritarians arrested them.
Bs ...your opioid crisis was conjured up, most of your addicts were street addicts. Been proven. People are committing suicide so others can feel righteous in solving a nonexistent problem. Wonder how much money the budding pot industry shoveled I to Congress to achieve this.

Addiction to prescription opioids has reached a crisis level in the United States.

Opioid crisis: Only a US phenomenon? Prescription opioid use rises in the Nordic countries
It was a few large scale ops putting millions of pills on the street. Laugh all ya want at people's pain....truth in this case really hurts.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I had shingles and a hernia operation and I got a prescription for the stuff. I didn't fill either but I got prescriptions for strong pain killers.
I got tylenol and something they claim boosted it which was a lie according to FDA website. When you call and tell em you're about to rip your cast off they hang up

No that's the Corp. Response. They are protecting you citizen from yourself. I stayed the night in the hospital. They tried three different painkillers thru the night. Percocet, tylenol and something else, a liquid. They knew what worked and what didn't and chose what didn't to send me home with

It's your doctors call.

It's your doctors call.
No it's not.

What "corp"?

What "corp"?
The Corp the Dr works for. Very few private practice DRS

What "corp"?

How many? And can you name at least a few of these "corp"? Do you mean perhaps a hospital?

Along with pot of course, Oregon will now be the country's mecca for stoners and hardcore addicts.

Oregon becomes the first state to decriminalize hard drugs like cocaine and heroin

A nationwide push to relax drug laws took a significant step forward Tuesday as voters made Oregon the first state to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of street drugs such as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. Meanwhile, five more states legalized marijuana for adults.

The drug measures were among 120 proposed state laws and constitutional amendments that were on the ballot in 32 states. They touched on an array of issues that have roiled politics in recent years - voting rights, racial inequalities, abortion, taxes and education, to name a few.

But none directly dealt with the dominant theme of 2020 - the coronavirus pandemic. That's because the process to put measures on the ballot began, in most cases, before the virus surged to the forefront.

Oregon did something right. What a surprise.

Now they just need to pass machine gun laws, and all is well.

We need more of that in Tejas!

What "corp"?

How many? And can you name at least a few of these "corp"? Do you mean perhaps a hospital?
Not the Hospital....they didn't listen to the Hospital. Ortho corp. Forget the name. Tried different one for my leg and they did same thing pain meds wise. Tylenol and an antihistamine and claimed antihistamine boosted the pain meds. Nothing but lies. Luckily let surgery wasn't as painful

What this really does is help people caught with small amounts of these drugs and with drug addiction not have their lives destroyed even more by going to jail but instead they receive help. You still can't sell or make these drugs with this law. Incarceration in this country is the highest in the world and measures like that will help people that are struggling with drug use get help and not become part of the prison system. Rehabilitation and second chances is the aim and should be the aim.

1890s.jpg

Along with pot of course, Oregon will now be the country's mecca for stoners and hardcore addicts.

Oregon becomes the first state to decriminalize hard drugs like cocaine and heroin

A nationwide push to relax drug laws took a significant step forward Tuesday as voters made Oregon the first state to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of street drugs such as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. Meanwhile, five more states legalized marijuana for adults.

The drug measures were among 120 proposed state laws and constitutional amendments that were on the ballot in 32 states. They touched on an array of issues that have roiled politics in recent years - voting rights, racial inequalities, abortion, taxes and education, to name a few.

But none directly dealt with the dominant theme of 2020 - the coronavirus pandemic. That's because the process to put measures on the ballot began, in most cases, before the virus surged to the forefront.

maybe it's Oregon's answer to over-population?

The opioid crisis has affected all countries regardless of their drug laws.

The question is how did it affect Portugal relative to the effects of other places.

If it was no worse then one cannot blame the drug laws if it was better once could say that the services Portugal put into place after decriminalizing drugs might have lessened the severity of the opioid crisis.

The 5 years after decriminalization saw a drop in overdose deaths.

Oregon just decriminalized personal useage of heroine and cocaine, but continues to ban their commercial scale manufacturing, distribution, and sale. How exactly is that supposed to work?

Oregon voters just approved a ballot initiative which decriminalizes personal usage of small amounts of heroin and cocaine.

However, it is still illegal to manufacture, distribute, or sell these drugs on a commercial scale.

Therefore, people who use these drugs will still be getting them from illegal manufacturers, distributors, and sellers.

Which means that the problems of contamination, unknown levels of potency, gangs, drive by shootings, etc., will still be possible.

In order to get rid of these problems, the drugs need to be legalized at all levels of manufacturing, distribution, and sale.

Only then, when the drugs are fully legal, and are manufactured by brand name companies whose reputations are on the line, and whose labels list all of the ingredients, as well as the exact concentration and potency of the drugs, will we be able to see what happens when these drugs are legalized.

As it stands now, with the drugs decriminalized only for personal usage, but still banned for manufacturing, distribution, and sale on a commercial scale, it will be impossible for users to know for certain what exactly is in their drugs, or how strong they are. And in order to buy the drugs, users will still be interacting with criminals.

By legalizing these drugs for personal usage, but continuing with the ban on on commercial scale manufacturing, distribution, and sale, how exactly is this supposed to work?

The opioid crisis has affected all countries regardless of their drug laws.

The question is how did it affect Portugal relative to the effects of other places.

If it was no worse then one cannot blame the drug laws if it was better once could say that the services Portugal put into place after decriminalizing drugs might have lessened the severity of the opioid crisis.

The 5 years after decriminalization saw a drop in overdose deaths.

Read the article.

Forum List

Back