🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Oroville dam splits conservatives, costal liberals

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
'You tell the president, 'we don’t want anything to do with you,' and then you ask for help'

Read more at Oroville Dam splits conservatives, coastal liberals
(USA TODAY) OROVILLE, Calif. — Eldon Hofeling raises his voice over the roar of backhoes, helicopters, tumbling rocks, dump trucks and 750,000 gallons of water rushing past every second.

“It’s driving me nuts,” he says.

Steps away from his house, hundreds of contractors are struggling to repair the Oroville Dam before the spring rains arrive in earnest. A stream of semi-trailers unloads chunks of rocks, which backhoes then load onto large dump trucks to deliver to weak spots on the other side of the dam. Helicopters chatter overhead every 90 seconds, lifting in even more rocks to shore up the dam’s top. Diesel engines rumble day and night, contractors bark orders and neighbors wander by to take a look.

------------------------------------------------------------

The shallow brains creating havoc out of anything and everything we just can't make this bs up.

When a society undergoes an economic rerigging of the system such that societal wealth is redistributed toward Wall Street and corporate coffers, after a half century or so one should expect that the effects on society begin to become apparent.

'You tell the president, 'we don’t want anything to do with you,' and then you ask for help'

(USA TODAY) OROVILLE, Calif. — Eldon Hofeling raises his voice over the roar of backhoes, helicopters, tumbling rocks, dump trucks and 750,000 gallons of water rushing past every second.

Steps away from his house, hundreds of contractors are struggling to repair the Oroville Dam before the spring rains arrive in earnest. A stream of semi-trailers unloads chunks of rocks, which backhoes then load onto large dump trucks to deliver to weak spots on the other side of the dam. Helicopters chatter overhead every 90 seconds, lifting in even more rocks to shore up the dam’s top. Diesel engines rumble day and night, contractors bark orders and neighbors wander by to take a look.

The shallow brains creating havoc out of anything and everything we just can't make this bs up.

Oroville is a republican farming community who probably voted for Trump..

Disagreeing with Trump doesn't mean that he can ignore major problems like this...

Should withhold our "donor State" federal Tax dollars until we solve our own problem?

• Banned

Should withhold our "donor State" federal Tax dollars until we solve our own problem?

the way this Country is going after it all backfires we just might be making our own decision there won't be a Government left to dictate the laws.
We will be living in a third world nation that looks just like Iraq, or Africa hows that sound .

Murders will happen ...................oh hell we are going to collapse we're going to look like Hmm like the show the walking dead, or maybe revolutions, know how they had to fight or kill to survive that's where i'm going with all that. lol

From the sub-link --- the Birfer Nut Daily source:

>> Butte County favored Trump in the election 46% to 42%, despite the presence of the more urban and traditionally more liberal Chico within its boundaries. Downstream neighbor Yuba County, home of Yuba City and Marysville, is perhaps a more accurate barometer: It went for Trump at nearly 58%. <<​

(of course Whirled Nuts forgot to quote that part, hence its presentation of "up is down")

Now how exactly does that proclaim "You tell the president, 'we don’t want anything to do with you,'?

Oopsie.

Further from the same article:

>> “I bet that if they put this effort into building it right the first time, they wouldn’t have to do all of this,” Hofeling, 66, says as a backhoe drops rocks into a dump truck, shaking the ground.

.... How is it, the people here ask, that state and federal officials didn’t seem to have the money to properly fix the dam’s problems when they were first identified, but have seemingly untold millions available when the crisis finally arrived. <<
Know who else asked exactly the same question?

New Orleans, after Katrina. Dam -- that's ironic.

Hilarious that the fist wall Rump gets involved with building is nowhere near Mexico :lol:

Never will happen, maybe that could happen in nowhere's ville.. but being Trump is a arrogant resentful man , I can see him causing an American civil war within America.

the way this Country is going after it all backfires we just might be making our own decision there won't be a Government left to dictate the laws.
We will be living in a third world nation that looks just like Iraq, or Africa hows that sound .

Murders will happen ...................oh hell we are going to collapse we're going to look like Hmm like the show the walking dead, or maybe revolutions, know how they had to fight or kill to survive that's where i'm going with all that. lol

That would certainly appear to be the plan.

The Army Corps of engineers was going to install floodgates that would have prevented the New Orleans disaster. However, some watermelon group sued them. Most likely they were enemy agents. Probably Chinese.

Last edited:

The Army Corps of engineers was going to install floodgates that would have prevented the New Orleans disaster. However, some watermelon group sued them. Most likely they were enemy agents.
Most likely you should go find out what you're blathering on about first.

The Army Corps of engineers was going to install floodgates that would have prevented the New Orleans disaster. However, some watermelon group sued them. Most likely they were enemy agents.
I did the research long ago. I think it was the Chinese.

Who do you think did it?

Who do you think did it?
I think you're full of shit personally.

Who do you think did it?
I think you're full of shit personally.
Seriously, who do you think prevented the floodgates from being built?

Or do you deny that there were plans to build the floodgate?

Or what?

The Army Corps of engineers was going to install floodgates that would have prevented the New Orleans disaster. However, some watermelon group sued them. Most likely they were enemy agents. Probably Chinese.

Wtf is a "watermelon group"? Sounds seedy.

The AC of E was the negligent party. That's been established in court.

Why are you spewing irrelevant bullshit at the forum.

Corps of Engineers not liable for Katrina damage, court rules - CNN.com

Three years ago, a federal court found the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers responsible for the catastrophic flooding of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
On Monday, an appeals court threw that decision out.
The new court decision, which potentially gets the government off the hook for tens of millions of dollars in damages, is based on a legal provision specifically designed to keep courts from second-guessing government decisions when the government is sued for its actions or inaction.

There was a lawsuit that prevented them from building the flood gates.

As a result, New Orleans was destroyed.

Why are you spewing irrelevant bullshit at the forum.

Corps of Engineers not liable for Katrina damage, court rules - CNN.com

Three years ago, a federal court found the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers responsible for the catastrophic flooding of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
On Monday, an appeals court threw that decision out.
The new court decision, which potentially gets the government off the hook for tens of millions of dollars in damages, is based on a legal provision specifically designed to keep courts from second-guessing government decisions when the government is sued for its actions or inaction.

There was a lawsuit that prevented them from building the flood gates.

As a result, New Orleans was destroyed.

New Orleans wasn't "destroyed" clownshoes. But several levees did fail, and the ACE was held to be negligent, which is what I just said and what you just confirmed.

Then there's this --- from not only your own link but YOUR OWN POST:

>> The new court decision, which potentially gets the government off the hook for tens of millions of dollars in damages, is based on a legal provision specifically designed to keep courts from second-guessing government decisions when the government is sued for its actions or inaction. <<

Get that? Apparently they threw it out on a "legal provision" that prevents courts from criticizing the government. :banghead:

First I've heard of it, but how on earth does that make the original decision inaccurate?

Where do you get this "lawsuit preventing them" crapola?

Where do you get this "lawsuit preventing them" crapola?
What do you think prevented them from building the floodgates?

I know you will never take my word for it, so why don't you visit the library or search the internet to find out why the planned floodgates were not built?

Are you afraid to educate yourself?

Forum List

Back