Oscar Freaks

The Oscars are fine if you've seen some of the movies. For me that situation last occurred with the 1997 Oscars, it was a great year: Fargo, Sling Blade, Jerry Maguire, Twister. Since then the movies produced really haven't attracted my attention and so I've not watched.

Speaking of Fargo, I don't know what all the hype is over Francis McDormand's speech. It wasn't impressive at all. So when I read all the people going crazy over what she said, I just dont' get it.

“Look around, everybody. Look around, ladies and gentlemen, because we all have stories to tell and projects we need financed,” McDormand said.

“Don’t talk to us about it at the parties tonight. Invite us into your office in a couple days or you can come to ours, whichever suits you best, and we’ll tell you all about them. I have two words to leave with you tonight. Ladies and gentlemen: inclusion rider.”

Celebrities and fans were raving about the speech and the actress’ call to action on Twitter.

I watched few highlights this morning on Youtube... this one is my favorite.

Veteran actor Wes Studi, a full blooded Cherokee from Oklahoma, presented salute to veterans by showing a series of clips from famous war movies. Wes mentioned that he had served with 3/39th Infantry, 9th Infantry Division, in Vietnam. He then asked "Anybody else?" and the room fell silent.

Bet cha a zillion bucks if he asked the same exact question in the white house, you could hear zippers close and mouths shut.....just sayin

You mean during the Clinton presidency?

The Oscars are fine if you've seen some of the movies. For me that situation last occurred with the 1997 Oscars, it was a great year: Fargo, Sling Blade, Jerry Maguire, Twister. Since then the movies produced really haven't attracted my attention and so I've not watched.

Speaking of Fargo, I don't know what all the hype is over Francis McDormand's speech. It wasn't impressive at all. So when I read all the people going crazy over what she said, I just dont' get it.

“Look around, everybody. Look around, ladies and gentlemen, because we all have stories to tell and projects we need financed,” McDormand said.

“Don’t talk to us about it at the parties tonight. Invite us into your office in a couple days or you can come to ours, whichever suits you best, and we’ll tell you all about them. I have two words to leave with you tonight. Ladies and gentlemen: inclusion rider.”

Celebrities and fans were raving about the speech and the actress’ call to action on Twitter.
So, she's a fucking idiot, too. Her Burn After Reading character, Linda Litzke, must have been a self-portrayal.
Little Women would have to be played by 50% men.

So, she's a fucking idiot, too. Her Burn After Reading character, Linda Litzke, must have been a self-portrayal.
Little Women would have to be played by 50% men.
She sounded and acted like she was drunk or stoned

Forum List

Back