Our Lawmakers: It's not their fault

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Politicians on both sides of the partisan aisle are liars and cheats, we all know that. However the problems we face are not their fault. Voters who put them there share most of the blame.

Cases in point: Our lawmakers could come together to craft a budget to reduce our national debt, legislation to solve our border crisis, our environmental issues, our eroding educational system, our crumbling infrastructure and many other things, but they can't. Our lawmakers know this will require working across the aisle...it's called compromise, and it's not something that the voters on either side want. "My way or the highway!!" is what voters are screaming for, and as long as this is what they insist on, nothing meaningful will get done. America is divided evenly along partisan lines, one party cannot govern alone. Conservative and Liberal lawmakers need help and cooperation from the other side to govern, but their voters want everything done their way, and only their way:

We have seen the enemy, and it is us.....

Yep, we are a divided nation. W tried to bring us together, but he was an ineffective leader. Obama did everything he could to drive us apart and succeed in that. That still resonates today

Politicians on both sides of the partisan aisle are liars and cheats, we all know that. However the problems we face are not their fault. Voters who put them there share most of the blame.

Cases in point: Our lawmakers could come together to craft a budget to reduce our national debt, legislation to solve our border crisis, our environmental issues, our eroding educational system, our crumbling infrastructure and many other things, but they can't. Our lawmakers know this will require working across the aisle...it's called compromise, and it's not something that the voters on either side want. "My way or the highway!!" is what voters are screaming for, and as long as this is what they insist on, nothing meaningful will get done. America is divided evenly along partisan lines, one party cannot govern alone. Conservative and Liberal lawmakers need help and cooperation from the other side to govern, but their voters want everything done their way, and only their way:

I see. A politician makes claims about what they will do and how they will do it and then they do the complete opposite. How in the hell is that the voters fault? But clearly this OP will lead up being another attack on Trump voters.

I see. A politician makes claims about what they will do and how they will do it and then they do the complete opposite. How in the hell is that the voters fault? But clearly this OP will lead up being another attack on Trump voters.

The majority of the country doesn’t see to want compromise. One can say it’s a symptom stemming from the ppl in charge, or one can say it’s the will of the voters. Chicken and egg stuff really. One thing is clear is the country is broken in many ways

The majority of the country doesn’t see to want compromise. One can say it’s a symptom stemming from the ppl in charge, or one can say it’s the will of the voters. Chicken and egg stuff really. One thing is clear is the country is broken in many ways
Liberals don't want compromise.

Liberals don't want compromise.

I agree, but to be fair conservatives have a hard time on that front as well.

Bullshit.
This isn't my fault.
The only person staying I voted for is Trump.

Forum List

Back