Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

Did the article say that it cost each $100 for each resident? No. You just lie and lie and lie
It costs 50K for a house to install solar. No less.

So, the government just spent $50k per household so that, if I believe you, they save $35

That is right, $50k spent, to save $35!!! Considering that the government is borrowing that money and paying interest, the interest alone is more than 35$ a month!!!!!!

Not imagination. You’re gonnna need links to refute anyone’s post and your uninformed blither has none.

I dont have time to read your propaganda, I will get back to it.

How come dragonlady is being a hypocrite now using big oil's propaganda? I guess when big oil says something the dragonlady likes then big oil is okay.

Replying to hypocrites is futile.

Most of the money in the Democrat's infrastructure bill goes to Green Energy, stuff that is worthless and sets our economy backwards.

Not one link to support any of your drivel.

there are plenty of threads, plenty of posts, proving everything I say

Now I am right, I linked. chew on this while I go have fun

Big Solar: Big Gas (Ivanpah’s ‘dirty power’)​

By Wayne Lusvardi -- April 2, 2014
“It has been lauded as the world’s largest solar power plant, but the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System (ISEGS) could also be called the world’s largest gas-fired power plant (largest in physical size, not gas consumption).”

Chris Clarke continues in his piece, “Ivanpah Solar Plant Owners Want to burn a Lot More Natural Gas” (KCET, March 27, 2014):

Each of the 4,000-acre facility’s three units has gas-fired boilers used to warm up the fluid in the turbines in the early morning, to keep that fluid at an optimum temperature during the night, and to boost production during the day when the sun goes behind a cloud…. Solar Partners says that in order for ISEGS (Ivanpah) to operate at full efficiency, the plant’s gas-fired auxiliary boilers will need to run an average of 4.5 hours a day, rather than the one hour a day originally expected. The plant’s total CO2 footprint from burning natural gas would rise to just above 92,200 tons per year, approximately equivalent to the annual greenhouse gas output of 16,500 average passenger cars.
The newly operational Ivanpah solar thermal electric power megaplant in California’s Mojave Desert was controversial before it was ever built for bird kills, desert tortoise impacts, and a 161% higher cost than coal-fired power plants. Now, with data coming in, it is becoming more controversial. Environmentalists, energy experts, and political decision-makers may soon ask how they were we sold a bad bill of goods.

Intelligent people don’t deny man-made climate change or our ability to reduce carbon emissions. Intelligent people see this as an opportunity to do better and make money.

Your post proves that you’re gullible and easily lead down the wrong path.
pyramid.jpg

Tesla (Solar City back then) installed mine for free about 7 years ago. I "rent" the entire system by paying Tesla some amount each month based upon what I produce plus I pay my utility (PP&L) about $15 / mo. Both bills rarely amount to more than $50 combined per month. You are and always have been a fucking liar, Electra. GFY. Sideways.

Tesla (Solar City back then) installed mine for free about 7 years ago. I "rent" the entire system by paying Tesla some amount each month based upon what I produce plus I pay my utility (PP&L) about $15 / mo. Both bills rarely amount to more than $50 combined per month. You are and always have been a fucking liar, Electra. GFY. Sideways.
I never denied that the Government will and has been giving away solar and forcing electric companies to give you free electricity.

My co-worker just installed a solar system, $50k

Hence, the government created a solar program, paying for that 50k spent on your house and at the same time gives you free electricity.

Take advantage, good for you. Pay day will come one day, for the nation, and you can rest assured, you helped fuck us over.

really, then tell us how much if you know, or you prove that you are just a hack that accuses people cause you cant turn your opinion into fact

how much does a solar installation cost

it is 50k, you think no, then prove otherwise,
You piece of shit liar.

According to Energy Sage’s August 2023 data, the average cost of a 6 kilowatt (kW) system in Florida is $15,600. However, homeowners who take advantage of the 30% federal solar tax credit pay an average of $10,920.

You piece of shit liar.

According to Energy Sage’s August 2023 data, the average cost of a 6 kilowatt (kW) system in Florida is $15,600. However, homeowners who take advantage of the 30% federal solar tax credit pay an average of $10,920.
I just share what I see in my life. My coworker paid 50k

You can link to something different? But you can not be a witness to the cost based on your home or a coworker.

Just cause it is posted on the internet does not make it true

You piece of shit liar.

6 kw? the average house uses 30 kw a day. I need 5 of those 6 kw systems, that is $78,000 dollars.

to the person who does not the truth everyone is a liar

The vast majority of people aren't totally running their houses off of solar and I've never argued that they were. The tech is not there yet - but it will be. Maxeon just rolled out their Maxeon 7 solar panels, which are much more powerful and efficient than the Maxeon 6, which just came out a year or two ago. This is about using solar to lower your cost from, and dependency on, electricity while also lessening the strain on electrical grids.

The example I used from SunRun's low income residents was that they saved $35 per month, not that they had no electrical bill.

Try debating honestly for once.

And BTW, the range for the average 3 bedroom house is 19kw in California to 44kw in Louisiana.

Try debating honestly for once.

BTW, the range for the average 3 bedroom house is 19kw in California to 44kw in Louisiana.
I said on average houses use 30kw, you just gave me an average of 31k!

I said my friend just bought a system for $50k, you gave a link for a 6K system that costs $15.6k.

Considering my friend lives in Arkansas, he purchased a system to provide him with 30kw, hence 5 systems at 6K gives us 30k. 5x15.6=78, or $78,000

My friend paid $50k, and by the numbers synthaholic gave us, he underpaid by $18k, or got the subsidy from the government, hence he paid $50k.

Yes, honest debate,

of course let us not forget

The person who does not know the truth believes everything is a lie.

This is about using solar to lower your cost from, and dependency on, electricity while also lessening the strain on electrical grids.
Again you synthaholic does not a thing about rooftop solar, or any kind of solar.

Rooftop solar "feeds into" the grid. Rooftop solar does not supply power to your house (there are people off the grid, different topic).

All these homes that have solar under the government program that lowers the electric bill, are 100% dependent on the grid for power.

Strain on the grid. Why is it the entire grid needs to be redesigned for intermittent and unpredictable solar and wind power? It is because all this solar and wind intermittency is putting strain on the grid.

Synthaholic, proven he/she is always wrong

Good enough for FoxNews Bret Baier.

1707149879937.png

This Fox News host gives climate skeptics airtime but went solar at home
Bret Baier has come under fire for amplifying the voices of climate change doubters and renewable energy critics. But parts of his D.C. mansion are covered in solar arrays.

When Fox News host Bret Baier listed his D.C. mansion for an eye-popping $31.9 million last week, some eagle-eyed observers noticed a surprising feature: Dozens of solar panels covered parts of the roof.

“A Fox News guy has solar panels? What does Murdoch think?!” one person wrote on an online forum for D.C. parents, referring to Rupert Murdoch, who launched the Fox media empire and has previously described himself as a “climate change skeptic.”

The listing agent, Daniel Heider of TTR Sotheby’s International Realty, confirmed to The Washington Post that 86 solar panels were installed last year on a portion of the 16,250-square-foot French chateau-style home. This comes as Baier — who hosts the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot — has used his platform to amplify criticism of action on climate change, including the adoption of solar and other clean energy sources.

Some prominent conservatives — including Rep. Thomas Massie (Ky.) and Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine — have also privately embraced solar while pushing back against climate initiatives aimed at speeding the transition away from fossil fuels.

Despite their climate stances, all three men appear to have accepted a market reality: Solar panels increasingly make economic sense, especially for those who can afford the upfront costs. Although the average solar system costs between $4,600 and $16,000, the technology can help households save money on their energy bills in the long term. For the average homeowner in the nation’s capital, the panels pay for themselves in less than five years, according to the renewable energy marketplace EnergySage.

“Solar panels are a good investment in much of the U.S., regardless of politics,” said Jenny Chase, lead solar analyst at the energy research firm BloombergNEF. She said the clean-energy tax credits in President Biden’s signature climate law, the Inflation Reduction Act, make solar even more attractive across the country.

It’s unclear whether Baier claimed the subsidies, unlike in the case of Rep. John Curtis (R-Utah), who used the credits to buy 30 solar panels after voting against the climate law. A Fox News spokeswoman did not respond to attempts to seek comment from Baier.

Baier, whose home sale would be the most expensive in D.C. history if it fetches the listing price, hosts a news show on Fox, and therefore approaches political stories with more balance than the network’s well-known opinion programming. Yet Baier’s show, “Special Report,” has consistently misled the public about climate change, according to a 2021 analysis by Media Matters, a left-leaning watchdog group. From 2009 to 2021, nearly 88 percent of the show’s climate segments either spread misinformation or perpetuated false or misleading narratives about global warming, the report found.

For instance, Baier has featured the views of Marc Morano, a prominent climate change skeptic, at least 10 times. Morano said on “Special Report” in 2019 that a major U.N. report on nearly 1 million species facing extinction was about “politics, not science.”

Rightwing Media plays people like elektra for saps. They know how to con low IQ suckers.

Good enough for FoxNews Bret Baier.

View attachment 897869

This Fox News host gives climate skeptics airtime but went solar at home
Bret Baier has come under fire for amplifying the voices of climate change doubters and renewable energy critics. But parts of his D.C. mansion are covered in solar arrays.

When Fox News host Bret Baier listed his D.C. mansion for an eye-popping $31.9 million last week, some eagle-eyed observers noticed a surprising feature: Dozens of solar panels covered parts of the roof.

“A Fox News guy has solar panels? What does Murdoch think?!” one person wrote on an online forum for D.C. parents, referring to Rupert Murdoch, who launched the Fox media empire and has previously described himself as a “climate change skeptic.”

The listing agent, Daniel Heider of TTR Sotheby’s International Realty, confirmed to The Washington Post that 86 solar panels were installed last year on a portion of the 16,250-square-foot French chateau-style home. This comes as Baier — who hosts the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot — has used his platform to amplify criticism of action on climate change, including the adoption of solar and other clean energy sources.

Some prominent conservatives — including Rep. Thomas Massie (Ky.) and Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine — have also privately embraced solar while pushing back against climate initiatives aimed at speeding the transition away from fossil fuels.

Despite their climate stances, all three men appear to have accepted a market reality: Solar panels increasingly make economic sense, especially for those who can afford the upfront costs. Although the average solar system costs between $4,600 and $16,000, the technology can help households save money on their energy bills in the long term. For the average homeowner in the nation’s capital, the panels pay for themselves in less than five years, according to the renewable energy marketplace EnergySage.

“Solar panels are a good investment in much of the U.S., regardless of politics,” said Jenny Chase, lead solar analyst at the energy research firm BloombergNEF. She said the clean-energy tax credits in President Biden’s signature climate law, the Inflation Reduction Act, make solar even more attractive across the country.

It’s unclear whether Baier claimed the subsidies, unlike in the case of Rep. John Curtis (R-Utah), who used the credits to buy 30 solar panels after voting against the climate law. A Fox News spokeswoman did not respond to attempts to seek comment from Baier.

Baier, whose home sale would be the most expensive in D.C. history if it fetches the listing price, hosts a news show on Fox, and therefore approaches political stories with more balance than the network’s well-known opinion programming. Yet Baier’s show, “Special Report,” has consistently misled the public about climate change, according to a 2021 analysis by Media Matters, a left-leaning watchdog group. From 2009 to 2021, nearly 88 percent of the show’s climate segments either spread misinformation or perpetuated false or misleading narratives about global warming, the report found.

For instance, Baier has featured the views of Marc Morano, a prominent climate change skeptic, at least 10 times. Morano said on “Special Report” in 2019 that a major U.N. report on nearly 1 million species facing extinction was about “politics, not science.”

Rightwing Media plays people like elektra for saps. They know how to con low IQ suckers.
of course he installed solar panels, it is in washington D.C., he needs a rich dumbass democrat politician to buy it, and as we know, democrats can not pass on solar panels.

solar is extremely expensive, yes the rich can afford it, or the poor and middle class if the government gives it to us.

50k for an average house. Not much of a bargain.

Forum List

Back