Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

wtf Duke?

~S~
I'm sorry, but that's what they do. They knock down all the oaks and other stuff to get to the planted pine.

It's all about the money. All that talk about preserving wildlife and the forest is total lies.

It's all about the government selling the timber.

I'm sorry, but that's what they do. They knock down all the oaks and other stuff to get to the planted pine.

It's all about the money. All that talk about preserving wildlife and the forest is total lies.

It's all about the government selling the timber.
I have no knowledge of such things Duke , here the loggers operate under environmental mandates , so plz pardon my confusion...~S~

I have no knowledge of such things Duke , here the loggers operate under environmental mandates , so plz pardon my confusion...~S~
The forestry service sells the timber to companies for money. They leave nothing untouched AFAIK.

The need to make solar much much cheaper and scalable for end-users. In my area, people do it, but it is really more a novelty. The cost would be like prepaying my electric bill for a dozen years to get a couple free years. Screw that.

The need to make solar much much cheaper and scalable for end-users. In my area, people do it, but it is really more a novelty. The cost would be like prepaying my electric bill for a dozen years to get a couple free years. Screw that.
Any ROI being subsidized is dubious at best

all for pollutants that still exist, they're just not in our face

~S~

Our tax $$$'s at work Grumbly one, it's the fastest growing niche in the electrical trade, due to ONE fact.....subsidies.....~S~
We've been subsidizing the oil industry for decades. Why, if it's such a great, self-sustaining industry? And why are you bitching about subsidizing an emerging industry with all positive upsides?

Not here. The key is to negotiate and lock in a fixed 20 year rental rate so that by the time the contract runs out they don't want their crap back anymore and you can buy it for a song. Then you can go off grid and they'll generate for years or you can just replace the panels as needed. I've had solar for about seven years and have already been saving money for the past two. Now that generation prices are rising I'm beginning to save like crazy.

this is wrong on so many levels i don't know where to begin Mr B

~S~
I feel like I am the only one that has noticed that the cost of toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, and printer paper, has tripled in the last three years.

The government incentivizing the destruction of the forests, building of windmills, and solar panels, over the use of natural gas and oil? IS insanity, IMO.
None of those energy types is nearly as efficient as hydorcarbons, for delivering energy, it is why they can't compete on the free market.

And that is what is in those "green new deal," government bills, and why the poor people have to pay so much to wipe their asses.

. . . and why all that cheap TP disappeared from the shelves.

We've been subsidizing the oil industry for decades. Why, if it's such a great, self-sustaining industry? And why are you bitching about subsidizing an emerging industry with all positive upsides?
I'm talkin' my trade Synth , not the oilocracy

~S~

I went to Shell's website on this.

As a company? I don't get the impression that they care either way.

Do you know why?

Because hydrocarbons are needed to produce wind turbines and solar panels. They are the ones that will receive subsidies either way. IT IS JUST AN EXTRA STEP.

However, the plastics that are produced and the pollution that is produced? Is a pollution that can be an environmental toxin. . .
Much of this pollution? Is just another cause of what is causing the epidemic of gender dysphoria, if anyone cares to listen to the research. . .

The solar panel toxic waste problem​

OTH, It does look like that very cause of pollution, could hold promise to be a solution. . . ??? :eusa_think:

NMSU Student Awarded NM WRRI Water Research Grant to Study Degradation of Microplastics from Wastewaters to H2 Energy​

I feel like I am the only one that has noticed that the cost of toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, and printer paper, has tripled in the last three years.

The government incentivizing the destruction of the forests, building of windmills, and solar panels, over the use of natural gas and oil? IS insanity, IMO.
None of those energy types is nearly as efficient as hydorcarbons, for delivering energy, it is why they can't compete on the free market.

And that is what is in those "green new deal," government bills, and why the poor people have to pay so much to wipe their asses.

. . . and why all that cheap TP disappeared from the shelves.

Depends on where you shop I suppose. I think Angel soft however many rolls packs (12 maybe) went from 5 to just under six at family dollar since covid and the off brand paper towels 6 roll packs at aldi went up maybe a couple bucks tops.

I went to Shell's website on this.

As a company? I don't get the impression that they care either way.

Do you know why?

Because hydrocarbons are needed to produce wind turbines and solar panels. They are the ones that will receive subsidies either way. IT IS JUST AN EXTRA STEP.

However, the plastics that are produced and the pollution that is produced? Is a pollution that can be an environmental toxin. . .
Much of this pollution? Is just another cause of what is causing the epidemic of gender dysphoria, if anyone cares to listen to the research. . .

The solar panel toxic waste problem​

OTH, It does look like that very cause of pollution, could hold promise to be a solution. . . ??? :eusa_think:

NMSU Student Awarded NM WRRI Water Research Grant to Study Degradation of Microplastics from Wastewaters to H2 Energy​

Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants. They also contain lead, cadmium, and other toxic (even carcinogenic) chemicals that cannot be removed without breaking apart the entire panel. Worse, rainwater can wash many of these toxics out of the fragments of solar modules over time.

Another real concern is the vast increase in the use of nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) in the construction of solar panels – up 1,057 percent over the past 25 years. The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change deems NF3 to be 17,200 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas – meaning that even relatively minor quantities can have major impacts.

:eek: :eek: :eek:~S~

this is wrong on so many levels i don't know where to begin Mr B

~S~
biomassmythvtruth_2018clearcut_2400.jpg

A clearcut site located near the Meherrin River in North Carolina which devastated an area of mature wetland forest, as well as nearly 100 acres of surrounding natural forest. Investigators tracked whole trees from the cut directly to the Enviva Southampton facility in Virginia.
Dogwood Alliance, January 2018
Start elaborating upon those "so many levels" by 'splainin' to dummies like me, who also say "From my cold dead hands" to taking away my wood stove, your specific objections to the following phrases snipped from the above:
A clearcut site
devastated an area of mature wetland forest
as well as nearly 100 acres of surrounding natural forest
Don't neglect to 'splain' how "natural forest"
wood is renewable

~S~
Also, how it can make TP more available or cheaper here after being converted into woodchips bound for Europe?

Start elaborating upon those "so many levels" by 'splainin' to dummies like me, who also say "From my cold dead hands" to taking away my wood stove, your specific objections to the following phrases snipped from the above:

Don't neglect to 'splain' how "natural forest"
That shot is from a place where loggers are not held to any environmental standards Grumbles. That is not the norm everywhere

~S~

That shot is from a place where loggers are not held to any environmental standards Grumbles. That is not the norm everywhere

~S~
You posted it. Why would you post it then comment about something completely different? Are you crazy?

Forum List

Back