some say, if the wrong man wins, i will leave the US. But … where to?

Vienna would be good, as well as several towns in Switzerland. Best places in the U.S. are probably the tier of Nebraska, the Dakotas, and Iowa.

Last edited:
They'd probably go to Texas. Where all the paytriuts live.

Few native Texans live in Texas; it's mostly illegal aliens and Red River wetbacks vying with latino wetbacks over who can be the most assinine and obnoxious halfwits with high self-esteem, beating the influx of Californicators at their own self-worship fetishes.

With regards to the unfortunate situation that happened to you it sounds like something that is in the past. As in it would be shocking if it happened today. Considering the higher level of foreign investment into Singapore.
Business is not the same as social tolerance. Several American companies did business with the NAZIS during WW II. What can we glean from that fact?
In fact, I had a few Singaporean poker players explain to me that nowadays white people are treated better than even Singaporeans in their own country.
I have no reason to doubt him or you.
Interestingly enough a Singaporean Poker friend of mine told me that he may have encountered anti-Chinese racism in Cambodia at an apartment complex that we both stayed at.
Shall we leave Cambodia out of the discussion? What-about-ism is not a valid argument. I mean, I didn't see any anti-Chinese racism when I was in Cambodia but that's not proof it does not exist.
A lot can change in 40 years let alone 10.
I hope so. I have! :)
Now these days Singapore has a very diverse population. They have very dark skinned folks in their country so I don’t think it has any kind of high level of racism.
Singapore is a former British colony and it was incorporated (more or less) into the East-Indian sphere so there is no surprise that many ethnic Indians reside there. But hey(!) let's be honest ..... it is the ethnic Chinese who run the place, not Malays.
Multiculturalism is a huge aspect of the country in 2024.
Again, it is due to former British rule not because of love for its neighbours.
They have four main languages. They’ve had a Muslim female president.
Hmmm, is it possible you don't realize that Singapore was carved out of Malaysia and nearby Indonesia? They ARE Muslims. So the fact that you insinuate having a Muslim president is a progressive attribute makes me think you are not up to snuff on the regional history.
They’ve had presidents who look like they could come from India.
I don't want to repeat myself but ..... of course they look like they come from India. Those ARE ethnic Indians who were imported as sepoys and coolies by the British colonizers.
And honestly when I was in Thailand I felt there may have been a moment at a Japanese restaurant when they were racist toward me. I could care less about it and I told myself I’ll never be back to that place. It was all Japanese people there and I got a weird feeling out of the place. In some manner I was clearly being treated differently. But again it’s certainly not the norm in Thailand and I don’t let it affect me because there’s good people everywhere and bad people everywhere.
Japanese ARE racists. I've been to Japan several times. Some places such as hotels do not allow foreigners to stay there.
I’m hoping the best for the USA.
Me too.
But I am appalled at our funding of Ukraine.
Agreed! :eusa_clap:
I don’t agree with funding Israel.
Agreed again! :eusa_clap:

That’s the big problem with Western Europe. They follow hook line and sinker with the USA when it comes to radical LGBT and BLM things.
Yep. But I am ashamed to say that we sometimes supply our own "line and sinker"! I don't mind the explosion of gay marriages but PR-ing it as something to admire (in particular) disgusts me. And allowing them to adopt children pisses me off to no end! There's a campaign here encouraging sperm donation. Making it seem like humanitarian heroism. :mad:

The ultra wealthy are buying up New Zealand. Supposedly the safest place to ride out a nuclear war. Italy is paying people to move into certain places. Mrs. Universe tends to be from Brazil. A few ideas.

Parts of Brazil are nice, but there are a lot of cesspools; it largely depends on who the dominant local tribes are outside of the urban areas. Same with anywhere in South America, really. It can change fast, though. Venezuela used to be a nice country, but now it's a total shithole, even more dangerous than Jamaica or Haiti.

where would you go in that case?

There are a lot of amazing places to live. My wife and I are planning on moving to Panama when we retire in about 5 years. But the choices are darn near endless. We looked into Malta and Portugal as well. The number of American Ex-pats is growing every year.

Leaving due to one person winning an election is a bit extreme.

For us it was not about who wins this year, but just the mere fact we are stuck with Biden vs Trump II.

The most a president can do is some of the management or mismanagement in the decline of the nation. Regardless of who wins, the USA will eventually split apart. We can stay here and watch our states become new nations, if we survive the interesting times.

Last edited:
The most a president can do is some of the management or mismanagement in the decline of the nation. Regardless of who wins, the USA will eventually split apart. We can stay here and watch our states become new nations, if we survive the interesting times.

We will not split apart in our lifetimes. Such things will not happen while life is still good for the majority of the country.

Yep.
We will not split apart in our lifetimes. Such things will not happen while life is still good for the majority of the country.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back