Out of 35 countries, the US is ranked 34th as the worst for child poverty

Map: How 35 countries compare on child poverty (the U.S. is ranked 34th)

1 out of 5 children in the US are in poverty.

The poor U.S. showing in this data may reflect growing income inequality. According to one metric of inequality, a statistical measurement called the gini coefficient, the U.S. economy is one of the most unequal in the developed world. This would explain why the United States, on child poverty, is ranked between Bulgaria and Romania, though Americans are on average six times richer than Bulgarians and Romanians.

Face it, America kind of sucks.

The only thing that sucks more is your sucky math.
Lol let me try explaining this again. If you doubled EVERY American household's wages, those people would still be considered in poverty by the poverty metric. You got it? Good.

Yes, my point shows the stupidity of that "poverty metric".
So you're basically saying that a single person in a household could survive off 22,000 per year?

The poor U.S. showing in this data may reflect growing income inequality. According to one metric of inequality, a statistical measurement called the gini coefficient, the U.S. economy is one of the most unequal in the developed world. This would explain why the United States, on child poverty, is ranked between Bulgaria and Romania, though Americans are on average six times richer than Bulgarians and Romanians.

Well that was the goal of the Obama administration.

Lol let me try explaining this again. If you doubled EVERY American household's wages, those people would still be considered in poverty by the poverty metric. You got it? Good.

No, what it shows is the staggering gap in wealth inequality. That is the point.

Yes, it's a really crappy measure of poverty.

So you're basically saying that a single person in a household could survive off 22,000 per year?

Easily.

Easily.

it happens all the time

Easily.
lol oh really? Yeah maybe if they lived in some red shithole like MS maybe they could squeak by with 3 full meals a day.

No, what it shows is the staggering gap in wealth inequality. That is the point.

Yes, it's a really crappy measure of poverty.
How about you try 22,000 per year and get back to me? Or even better 11,000 which is what your own stats said was poverty lol

Easily.
lol oh really? Yeah maybe if they lived in some red shithole like MS maybe they could squeak by with 3 full meals a day.

Yes, really.

Easily.

Yes, really.
You know you're wrong. Just admit it.

Easily.

Yes, really.

Let me know when you find the list of everyone who died because they made less than $22K last year.

Easily.

Yes, really.

Let me know when you find the list of everyone who died because they made less than $22K last year.

that should be pretty easy to after making such bold claims

--LOL

Feel free to leave

So what is your answer to change this?

If America sucks so bad to you what are you doing to make it better without reaching into someone else's pocket?

The primary cause of child poverty is single motherhood.

America's numbers on that is driven primarily by the fucked up black community.

Which we CANNOT address because of Political Correctness.

THis is on you lefties.

Anytime your concern for the welfare of children grows enough that you are willing to join Trump and I, in our fight against Political Correctness, you will be welcome.

Until then you can continue to actively work to keep American children in poverty.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdJAAAAJGM4NDQxZTNhLWM2MzUtNGI3Yi04YzI1LTIyZmRmZDJlMzRiNQ.jpg

Yet, the right wing believes we need a, poverty inducing drug war and cuts to food stamps, instead of better promotion of the general welfare.

So what is your answer to change this?

If America sucks so bad to you what are you doing to make it better without reaching into someone else's pocket?

Wait a damn minute, you took away his only solution.

Obvious answer is that we are paying unmarried 15 and 16 year old girls to have babies, primarily in rotting inner cities run by Democrats.

They see it as Income. Have another illegitimate baby at 17 or 18, no father anywhere to be found---GET a RAISE.

Democrats see it as VOTES.
Acquire and possess a better solution at lower cost, not nothing but repeal; y'all are just a bunch of right wing, slackers.

The primary cause of child poverty is single motherhood.

America's numbers on that is driven primarily by the fucked up black community.

Which we CANNOT address because of Political Correctness.

THis is on you lefties.

Anytime your concern for the welfare of children grows enough that you are willing to join Trump and I, in our fight against Political Correctness, you will be welcome.

Until then you can continue to actively work to keep American children in poverty.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdJAAAAJGM4NDQxZTNhLWM2MzUtNGI3Yi04YzI1LTIyZmRmZDJlMzRiNQ.jpg
If her Mother spent as much time and effort supporting her little girl as she did lettering that sign......

Who has been in power the majority of the time over the last 100 years? Democrats. What do they like to do? Keep people poor and dependent for control, power and votes.

How do you keep poor people poor?

Already stated. Dependency.

What country has made poverty disappear by ending all aid to the poor?
What country has ended poverty by wealth re-distribution?
Still waiting......

Forum List

Back