Out of 35 countries, the US is ranked 34th as the worst for child poverty

1 out of 5 children in the US are in poverty.

When you spend trillions to eradicate poverty.....but don't count government spending in the poverty stats....DERP

More than one in five American children fall below a relative poverty line, which UNICEF defines as living in a household that earns less than half of the national median.

Awesome misuse of stats!!
Lol what? What point are you even trying to make exactly?

Every single household in America could double their income and the number of households that earn less than half of the national median would remain unchanged.
Okay what? What is being doubled? You're making no sense whatsoever.

It's a bullshit poverty stat. Even more than most poverty stats. Which is saying a lot.

If you understood stats, you'd understand. But you're a liberal and stupid, so you don't.
lol you people crack me up. You try so hard for me to believe you understand what this means when you so clearly don't get it.

upload_2017-7-24_14-57-27.png

Poverty in the United States - Wikipedia

If you give every household in the lower 48 + DC, $11,700 for the first person plus $4,160 for every additional person, just handed that much money to them, how many households would there be under the poverty line?

makes perfect sense. he's counter-trolling.
Lol what he is quoting is saying that if their incomes wouid double - and they wouldn't in the first place - their poverty standing wouid not change. It's just a hypothetical that wouldn't actually happen.
what he said was double everything and the %'s remain the same.

anyone who understood math after jr high got a chuckle.
Lol this isn't hard to figure out. If, hypothetically, everyone's income was doubled, those in poverty would remain in poverty. Either way, this wouldn't happen.

Good god this forum never ceases to amaze me.

If, hypothetically, everyone's income was doubled, those in poverty would remain in poverty.

Gotta love a poverty stat that has nothing to do with how much a household makes. DERP!

Good god this forum never ceases to amaze me.

No kidding, the ignorance of liberals is endless.
lol you have no idea what you are saying. Just admit it.

I freely admit, you have no clue.

Every single household in America could double their income and the number of households that earn less than half of the national median would remain unchanged.

It's a bullshit poverty stat. Even more than most poverty stats. Which is saying a lot.

If you understood stats, you'd understand. But you're a liberal and stupid, so you don't.
lol you people crack me up. You try so hard for me to believe you understand what this means when you so clearly don't get it.

View attachment 140333

If you give every household in the lower 48 + DC, $11,700 for the first person plus $4,160 for every additional person, just handed that much money to them, how many households would there be under the poverty line?
if he didn't understand sarcasm, straight facts are really gonna make him cry foul.

View attachment 140333

Lol um so why are they getting this extra money?

View attachment 140333

The Fed printed it to end poverty.
What's the answer?

View attachment 140333

What's the answer?
Your point is moot because it wouldn't happen lol

The federal government is taking in record revenues, but still the motherfuckers cannot live within their means. Lol

View attachment 140333

What's the answer?
Your point is moot because it wouldn't happen lol

I didn't say it WOULD happen.
So answer the question.
Don't be a pussy your whole life.

The federal government is taking in record revenues, but still the motherfuckers cannot live within their means. Lol

Spending $4 trillion a year isn't enough for those butt pirates.

Map: How 35 countries compare on child poverty (the U.S. is ranked 34th)

The poor U.S. showing in this data may reflect growing income inequality. According to one metric of inequality, a statistical measurement called the gini coefficient, the U.S. economy is one of the most unequal in the developed world. This would explain why the United States, on child poverty, is ranked between Bulgaria and Romania, though Americans are on average six times richer than Bulgarians and Romanians.

Face it, America kind of sucks.

When you spend trillions to eradicate poverty.....but don't count government spending in the poverty stats....DERP

More than one in five American children fall below a relative poverty line, which UNICEF defines as living in a household that earns less than half of the national median.

If you are really too stupid to understand this simple truth, perhaps you need to find a different occupation than posting in politics.

View attachment 140333

Were you the moron in the back of my algebra class whining about how could X, Y and Z add up to numbers when they are letters? I'm pretty sure you are. Is your name Chester and do you have a lazy eye and a pointed head?

If you are really too stupid to understand this simple truth, perhaps you need to find a different occupation than posting in politics.
Lol you can't explain this non sense. You're just full of shit.

View attachment 140333

Were you the moron in the back of my algebra class whining about how could X, Y and Z add up to numbers when they are letters? I'm pretty sure you are. Is your name Chester and do you have a lazy eye and a pointed head?
You people are so dumb. What the article said is that if EVERY household in the US got double the wages, the ones in poverty now would still be in poverty given the metric on poverty. All of that does not matter in the least no matter how you look at it because it woudnt happen.

:bang3:

If the number goes down to 33rd Trump supporters will hail it as a huge accomplishment and poverty will have been eliminated entirely.

If the number goes down to 33rd Trump supporters will hail it as a huge accomplishment and poverty will have been eliminated entirely.
Yes, but that would be highly miraculous by Trump standards.

The poor U.S. showing in this data may reflect growing income inequality. According to one metric of inequality, a statistical measurement called the gini coefficient, the U.S. economy is one of the most unequal in the developed world. This would explain why the United States, on child poverty, is ranked between Bulgaria and Romania, though Americans are on average six times richer than Bulgarians and Romanians.

The only thing that sucks more is your sucky math.

Lol let me try explaining this again. If you doubled EVERY American household's wages, those people would still be considered in poverty by the poverty metric. You got it? Good.

Lol let me try explaining this again. If you doubled EVERY American household's wages, those people would still be considered in poverty by the poverty metric. You got it? Good.

Yes, my point shows the stupidity of that "poverty metric".

Yes, my point shows the stupidity of that "poverty metric".
No, what it shows is the staggering gap in wealth inequality. That is the point.

Forum List

Back