Outer Range

Surprised to see Brad Pitt is a co-producer (not that there's anything wrong with that).

So far pretty good series.
In the back of my mind though, I am wondering if it is going to go "Lost" and get way-way out there.

A bizarre mockery of Yellowstone.
Nope. Outer Range is not a show about a dispute between rival ranching families, though that is a part of it.

Outer Range is much more than that.

It's not a western show. It's a science fiction show.

Part western, part Twin Peaks, part Stranger Things.

I have seen the first two episodes and am hooked.

Nope. Outer Range is not a show about a dispute between rival ranching families, though that is a part of it.

Outer Range is much more than that.

It's not a western show. It's a science fiction show.

Part western, part Twin Peaks, part Stranger Things.

I have seen the first two episodes and am hooked.
I bailed after two.

I watched episode 3 last night. Definitely some Twin Peaks influence in the show.

I'm guessing Autumn Rivers is the adult Amy Abbott.
Amy is nine. Autumn does not remember anything from before she was nine.
Oh, good point. Hadn't thought about that.

When Royal told of how he left his family, when he was young, including a younger sister, and never saw any of them again, my thought was that perhaps Autumn will turn out to be his sister.

I was thinking that on latest episode.
The creators seem to be following the same formula as dozens of other supernatural mystery series that came before it. I don't believe this SciFi western will reveal much about the big black hole until the last episodes. Of course we will get hints and revelations. Along the way other lesser mysteries such as who is Autumn and what is her part in the story will be reveled. Other questions, about Royal and other characters may never be reveled.

I suspect that this is going to be a limited series. Hopefully Amazon will not cut it off at the end of series 1 as they have done in past. Streaming services like broadcast TV often ends series without satisfactory wrap ups. I think Netflix did this Ozark. Hopefully, Amazon will not do that with Outer Range.

Kind of wonder if Royals fate is sealed seeing and hearing of his own death, or can he change that?
Still intrigued by when Autumn shoved him in and it seemed where or when he ended up, a military presence and the whole town had the area sealed with a countdown clock at 0.00. Then they try to kill him when his wife told him to run like they were expecting him to arrive the whole time.
Maybe he screws up events in the timeline.

5 eps in, will watch another but it is slowly losing me.
The last couple episodes, it isn't moving along much.
Slow burn.

I spent all eight episodes waiting for it to make some kind of sense to me. It never did.

The last part of the last episode was particularly inscrutable. Very little dialog, and scenes much too visually dark to discern what was taking place. Just a lot of noise and commotion and no way to tell what was happening to whom. A saw a gunfight, apparently Royal on one side, and an unidentifiable man and a woman (Autumn?) on the other, a chase between two pickup trucks ending with one of them rolling over and exploding. Then Royal over an apparently dead body, that seemed to be implied to be Amy, but it was too dark to tell.

And then, a final scene, Royal and his wife, talking about how everything is gone, their family is gone, and then Royal's last statement, that Amy is not gone.

Forum List

Back