Overweight children in America

% of Overweight or Obese Children In America. Is it....

• 16%

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 33%

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 48%

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 59%

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Today:

1 slice of butter bread
1 cup of coffee

if we go out to eat might be more, it not, I'll probably have 2 bites of whatever I make.

does not include medications
I hope you take a multivitamin.

I went out to eat.
I had some bread, a few pieces of bloomin onion, and a steak (5 oz).
Who the heck serves bread and steak? You mean a steak sandwich?
She went to Outback

I don't like broccoli raw cause it gets stuck in my teeth.
Raw cauliflower is too bland
Spinach cooked is OK but not worth the effort and too dry to eat raw

Is there a bread that is not wheat? When I cut sugar out..I lose weight so easily..I love sweets though, I think I am addicted ..lol
There is wheat and gluten free bread, but it usually sucks unless you make your own. Not bad toasted, though.
Do you make your own bread OldLady?
No. I've made gf bread back in the day, though. If you're supposed to be gf, Bette Hagman's Gluten Free Gourmet, especially some of the first books in the series, have some good recipes. The French Bread is really good, but the special French Bread pan was kind of hard to find and expensive.

I don't like broccoli raw cause it gets stuck in my teeth.
Raw cauliflower is too bland
Spinach cooked is OK but not worth the effort and too dry to eat raw
I usually eat broccoli raw and have it almost every night, but lately (since I do some frozen veggies) I throw them in a wok and heat it up in olive oil. Raw spinach tastes good to me but I switch to extra virgin olive oil as a dressing. One or two veggies would be boring, I have at least a half dozen.

This is what I had, only they had these diced potatoes instead of the garlic mashed, but they tasted like dried pieces of paper. Gross.

Roasted-Sirloin-Classic.png

The bread/rolls I like most are served at Red Lobster.

I tried to make them at home. Not the same.

Is there a bread that is not wheat? When I cut sugar out..I lose weight so easily..I love sweets though, I think I am addicted ..lol
There is wheat and gluten free bread, but it usually sucks unless you make your own. Not bad toasted, though.
No. I've made gf bread back in the day, though. If you're supposed to be gf, Bette Hagman's Gluten Free Gourmet, especially some of the first books in the series, have some good recipes. The French Bread is really good, but the special French Bread pan was kind of hard to find and expensive.
A special French bread pan? Never heard of that before. I just bake it on a cookie sheet.

Broccoliphobes! I eat it raw at room temperature, it really is tasty and super good for your bod. But if I cook it I don't let it get cold, that would be weird. I think I'll stay away from Outback.

Broccoliphobes! I eat it raw at room temperature, it really is tasty and super good for your bod. But if I cook it I don't let it get cold, that would be weird. I think I'll stay away from Outback.

Doesn't it bother you when it gets stuck in your teeth?
How can you eat it without dip????

It doesn't get caught in my teeth. The only thing that does is beef. Dip? No, that would ruin it, veggies taste great but you have to ween yourself off of extreme flavoring. I don't do sauces, period. Lots of added calories, little if any benefit.

A special French bread pan? Never heard of that before. I just bake it on a cookie sheet.
It's shaped like a rounded w, bakes two loaves at a time, perforated all over to allow air circulation so the bread gets nice and crusty all over, including the bottom. Keeps it more round shaped, too. But cookie sheets work, too.

Dip and cheese sauce are the savior of vegetables everywhere.

Savior? Veggies taste much better without sauces. But America does have a weight problem, too many have to drown their food with calorie rich empty nutrition flavorings.
I guess we should feel grateful that eating TOO much is our problem, rather than starving like some places on the globe. I have a cousin who brings the ketchup bottle to every meal, even Thanksgiving. At least he gets his veggies down, so I guess it's better than not touching them. (PS he's not overweight)

Savior? Veggies taste much better without sauces. But America does have a weight problem, too many have to drown their food with calorie rich empty nutrition flavorings.
I guess we should feel grateful that eating TOO much is our problem, rather than starving like some places on the globe. I have a cousin who brings the ketchup bottle to every meal, even Thanksgiving. At least he gets his veggies down, so I guess it's better than not touching them. (PS he's not overweight)
Dunno about that, sure, starving to death is bad for your health but there are a lot of slim people, most of the world really, and they live much longer. Being grateful you can eat yourself into an early grave doesn't make sense to me.

Forum List

Back