P.J. O’Rourke, irreverent author and commentator, dies at 74

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
he's my 2nd favorite O'Rourke, after Beto

I remember reading about PJ O'Rourke saying that he had endorsed Hilary over Trump. His quote was something like, "She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters."

You finally highlighted someone who actually produced some good work.\

Oh, and BETO is a sell out POS who deserves to take a ride in a wood chipper.

Very sad. He was a great writer and entertaining individual. He was our Mark Twain. RIP, Mr. O'Rourke.

"he's a strange mixture of cunning and cleverness and stupidity, like a toddler" - PJ on Trump

PJ slightly misspells 2 Trump-related celebs "Steve Banyon" and "Alex Baldwin"

Last edited:
he's my 2nd favorite O'Rourke, after Beto

I remember reading about PJ O'Rourke saying that he had endorsed Hilary over Trump. His quote was something like, "She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters."

Well, that's a shame. Regardless of his politics, he was civil and decent, and not an unhinged, hyperbolic screamer. We need more people like that, not fewer.

Very sad. He was a great writer and entertaining individual. He was our Mark Twain. RIP, Mr. O'Rourke.
A man who was humorous AND perceptive. A very dangerous individual.

And someone who could not ever be other than a conservative writer and pundit.

Who was the nearest leftist equivalent: Al Franken? Michael Moore? George Carlin?

They must be kidding!

Last edited:
Well, that's a shame. Regardless of his politics, he was civil and decent, and not an unhinged, hyperbolic screamer. We need more people like that, not fewer.
We love the civility of having a different opinion and getting destroyed. I in an collapsed economy would get the cops who tackled the guy at a school board meeting after his daughter was raped into a TV sadistic program one where theirs were. Rating would be through the roof. Karma for us all and you have not started to be paid back.

Here’s my favorite O’Rourke…

9A69B6C8-12A7-4104-A85A-9F93FD40182B.jpeg

We love the civility of having a different opinion and getting destroyed. I in an collapsed economy would get the cops who tackled the guy at a school board meeting after his daughter was raped into a TV sadistic program one where theirs were. Rating would be through the roof. Karma for us all and you have not started to be paid back.
:confused-84:

Lung cancer. O'Rourke and Rush Limbaugh both heavy smokers switched to cigars later in life and died of lung cancer within a couple of months of each other. Rush was 70 and P.J. was 74

Aww stop. You hated him...lol

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

"Liberalism is just Communism sold by the drink."

Aww stop. You hated him...lol

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

"Liberalism is just Communism sold by the drink."
:confused-84:

Here are more of his quotes that rubbed your asses raw:

"The principal feature of American liberalism is sanctimoniousness. By loudly denouncing all bad things — war and hunger and date rape — liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things.... It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal."

"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free."

Forum List

Back