'Palestine, Oh. You're NOT 'Special'. You"re Just 1 of 1,000", Says Buttigieg

What SHOULD he have done to keep those people safe?
well it's a 'point in time' response deal Marc

anecdotally , i was on one of the first hazmat teams in southern Vermont , we were just a small crew , and learned quickly that we were waaaay over our heads in an incident where pollutants are spreading , folks needed evacuation, and containment became problematic

~S~

So the Sect of Transportation is saddled with overseeing 1,000 train derailments a year ...

He exposes the fact that he really doesn't give a damn about them - 'it happens 1,000 times a year...its no big deal'.

In the short time he has been Sect of Transportation, when not on 'maternity leave', what has he done to find out what's going on or to reduce that number by even 1?

He also exposed the fact that he - and the Biden administration - doesn't give a damn about the people of Palestine - 'You're not special. You are just 1 of 1,000 train derailment cases a year.'

Not only has Buttigieg mishandled this disaster, his public comments have become a PR nightmare for the Biden administration.

anecdotally , i was on one of the first hazmat teams in southern Vermont , we were just a small crew , and learned quickly that we were waaaay over our heads in an incident where pollutants are spreading , folks needed evacuation, and containment became problematic

~S~
That is interesting. Do you mind sharing more about the incident and the response?

~S~
What does that mean in real terms?

Does PREVENTION factor into your talking points at all?

If so, how?

So you agree, the GOVERNMENT is supposed to keep it's citizens safe. Good.

Now, what SHOULD he have done to keep those people safe?
What the hell do you think people pay in taxes? One per cent. two percent. there are hundreds and thousands of taxes that are part and parcel of our nation. Tiny ones on what we see as insignificant. And it adds up. To be nice, one third of what the peasant makes is taxed easily. and it is most likely much more. People who move to red areas get a little relief. The government intruded on people y its own force as it was infected. What we have today is how much do we pay in a system far different than what the founding fathers envisioned. So, a marriage between public and private sided in a troubling marriage exists. Progs are acting like a spoiled shrew who either gets everything or she is not going to be reasonable.

So you agree, the GOVERNMENT is supposed to keep it's citizens safe. Good.

Now, what SHOULD he have done to keep those people safe?

It is his job to hande / refuce these 1,000 train derailments per year. What has he done, if anything, to do so? If he had done something so far perhaps we would have at least 1 less train derailment.

Seemingly, according to Pete's flippant remark about 1,000 train derailments a year, he doesn't seem concerned ... enough to do much....and he just proved he doen't give a damn about the Palstine disaster ... and neither does Biden.

In cases lke this he is responsible for handling it, quickly. He has seriously failed to respond professionally or in a timely manner. As pointed out, in fact, he has made it worse.

Pete, in a small way, is like Hunter Biden in the fact that he was given a job he has no knowledge of or experience in.

Pete, like Kamala Harris, has become / is a serious liability to the Biden administration. Then again, BIDEN is a serious liability to the Biden administration.

That is interesting. Do you mind sharing more about the incident and the response?
well it was back when i was young, hung & full 'o dung Col

that said, all hazmat responses are typically the same , it's just a matter of magnitude, all logistics follow suit
i can imagine the first engine out on the Ohio derailment had the OIC workin' his radio as loud as s/he could

Yes, most of which is preplanned as much as possible, that's what drills are for Marc

that said, i can imagine mutual aid was maxed out, and some Ohio state level response was on scene

but nothing federal, save for the same alphabet dept bureaucratic response
It is his job to hande / refuce these 1,000 train derailments per year
yes it is easy.....
~S~

It is his job to hande / refuce these 1,000 train derailments per year. What has he done, if anything, to do so? If he had done something so far perhaps we would have at least 1 less train derailment.

Seemingly, according to Pete's flippant remark about 1,000 train derailments a year, he doesn't seem concerned ... enough to do much....and he just proved he doen't give a damn about the Palstine disaster ... and neither does Biden.

In cases lke this he is responsible for handling it, quickly. He has seriously failed to respond professionally or in a timely manner. As pointed out, in fact, he has made it worse.

Pete, in a small way, is like Hunter Biden in the fact that he was given a job he has no knowledge of or experience in.

Pete, like Kamala Harris, has become / is a serious liability to the Biden administration. Then again, BIDEN is a serious liability to the Biden administration.
You've responded quite a few times now and I still don't know exactly what you wanted him to do.

Can you shed some light as to what he SHOULD have done to prevent this disaster?

Was it Trump’s fault that Ohio was not notified that HAZMATS were on the train? Isnt that the law?

It did not factor into Buttigieg's comments.

'There's 1,000 derailments a year. There will be 1,000 more next year. You 're just one of them.'

Still no criticism for the rail industry? If the government exerted the level of strict oversight you seem to want you would bitch about them getting in the way of corporate profits. That will be the republican line later on when someone actually tries to make sure this doesn't happen again.

You've responded quite a few times now and I still don't know exactly what you wanted him to do.

His job. As I have already pointed out, he has failed in multiple aspects of his job and made this situation worse.

Tell me specifically what he has done to reduce 1,000 train derailments a year by even 1. The fact is you can't.

His comments, however, shows his callous approach to a very serious job and to the disaster and plight of those effected by this extemely bad, dangerous, toxic, deadly derailment car imcident.

I should not be surprised to find you unable / unwilling to objectively critique his performance in the execuion of his duties.

Can you shed some light as to what he SHOULD have done to prevent this disaster?

He could have done whatever the Oriental babe that preceded him in the job would have done. This kind of catastrophe never happened to the Palestinian people when we had a Chinese chick in the job.

Still no criticism for the rail industry?

Oh absolutely. I have already brought up who owns this rail line...

...but the thread topic is NOT about what private company / owner owns the rail line, is it?

No, its about Buttigieg and his failed response / comments.

Please keep up, and stay on topic.

:itsok:

So the Sect of Transportation is saddled with overseeing 1,000 train derailments a year ...

He exposes the fact that he really doesn't give a damn about them - 'it happens 1,000 times a year...its no big deal'.

In the short time he has been Sect of Transportation, when not on 'maternity leave', what has he done to find out what's going on or to reduce that number by even 1?

He also exposed the fact that he - and the Biden administration - doesn't give a damn about the people of Palestine - 'You're not special. You are just 1 of 1,000 train derailment cases a year.'

Not only has Buttigieg mishandled this disaster, his public comments have become a PR nightmare for the Biden administration.
Is it possible that Biden and Harris are happy he made his stupid statements? It might take some of the heat off of their many other failures. In the end, we really have to get rid of this inept government, totalitarian wanna-bes that they are.

See any difference between the 2 events??

View attachment 758092
What I see is a railroad industry that has fought hard against safety regulations and paying their employees a fair wage with decent amounts of downtime.

I knew a guy who thought he had it made when he got a job with the railroad. After a year he couldn't wait to get back to his old job.

How about quoting what Buttigeg actually said.

"I continue to be concerned about the impacts of the Feb 3 train derailment near East Palestine, OH, and the effects on families in the ten days since their lives were upended through no fault of their own. It’s important that families have access to useful & accurate information," Buttigieg tweeted. "USDOT has been supporting the investigation led by The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). Our Federal Rail Administration and Pipelines and Hazardous Materials teams were onsite within hours of the initial incident and continue to be actively engaged.
"We will look to these investigation results & based on them, use all relevant authorities to ensure accountability and continue to support safety," the former Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, added, before noting that anyone looking to request a screening can do so by calling call 330-849-3919 or visiting the EPA's website.

His job. As I have already pointed out, he has failed in multiple aspects of his job and made this situation worse.

Tell me specifically what he has done to reduce 1,000 train derailments a year by even 1. The fact is you can't.

His comments, however, shows his callous approach to a very serious job and to the disaster and plight of those effected by this extemely bad, dangerous, toxic, deadly derailment car imcident.

I should not be surprised to find you unable / unwilling to objectively critique his performance in the execuion of his duties.
Have I DEFENDED him?

No, I HAVEN'T.

Now tell me, what's his actual job as a FEDERAL government agent, to protect the LOCAL citizens of this unfortunate Ohio town?

Now tell me, what's his job as a FEDERAL government agent, to protect the LOCAL citizens of this unfortunate Ohio town?
this fits here>>>

and there were folks that were hurt by this incident Marc

what direction the wind was blowing in, and how fast (manpower wise) was the evac would be my Q

~S~

Forum List

Back